ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
Feb 25, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #152 of 3,122
Congrats! I'm very envious! Are there any Macassar sets?
Thanks! I'm not quite sure as I saw the Black and White ebony set that @goldwerger was swift enough to grab (I had those in my final list from which to bring home... him taking them narrowed the list lol) but there was another set that was similar and could have been either Macassar or another Black and White Ebony.

I was between the ones I took home, Marblecake something (I think Oak), Thuya Burl (I had these in my hand for like an hr while deciding), and Cocobolo.

In addition there were Figured Olive sets (beautiful with the olive green BBB strap and lighter wood color), one that was Purple (maybe Purple Heart), and... you know what I remembered I took a few pics. They are relatively poor quality as they were solely for me to make my own decision but this should give a taste:

20230225_110335.jpg
20230225_110329.jpg
VideoCapture_20230225-212232.jpg
20230225_104247.jpg
20230225_110340.jpg

Impressions on my end are to come later - I was only at the show for about 2hrs and didn't even give them a try at the show as I knew I wanted to bring home a pair anyways and was tight on time (and it took me literally the full 2hrs to decide which ones to take home).

Have them burning in and will give a first listen in about an hr with a bourbon or two to go with it :beerchug:

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #153 of 3,122
Thanks! I'm not quite sure as I saw the Black and White ebony set that @goldwerger was swift enough to grab (I had those in my final list from which to bring home... him taking them narrowed the list lol) but there was another set that was similar and could have been either Macassar or another Black and White Ebony.

I was between the ones I took home, Marblecake something (I think Oak), Thuya Burl (I had these in my hand for like an hr while deciding), and Cocobolo.

In addition there were Figured Olive sets (beautiful with the olive green BBB strap and lighter wood color), one that was Purple (maybe Purple Heart), and... you know what I remembered I took a few pics. They are relatively poor quality as they were solely for me to make my own decision but this should give a taste - I hope it's OK with Zach and Bevin I post these, if not please let me know and I'll take them down:

20230225_110335.jpg
20230225_110329.jpg
20230225_104247.jpg
20230225_110340.jpg

Impressions on my end are to come later - I was only at the show for about 2hrs and didn't even give them a try at the show as I knew I wanted to bring home a pair anyways and was tight on time (and it took me literally the full 2hrs to decide which ones to take home).

Have them burning in and will give a first listen in about an hr with a bourbon or two to go with it :beerchug:
Jesus, those are beautiful 😍

Feb 25, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #154 of 3,122

In addition there were Figured Olive sets (beautiful with the olive green BBB strap and lighter wood color), one that was Purple (maybe Purple Heart), and... you know what I remembered I took a few pics. They are relatively poor quality as they were solely for me to make my own decision but this should give a taste - I hope it's OK with Zach and Bevin I post these, if not please let me know and I'll take them down:

20230225_110335.jpg
20230225_110329.jpg
20230225_104247.jpg
20230225_110340.jpg

Holy smokes!
It's like choosing which kid is your favorite ... they are all amazing in their own right
Congratulations, and looking forward to your bourbon toned impressions as the AC's whisper lush sweetness into your ears :)
:beerchug:

Feb 25, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #155 of 3,122

20230225_110335.jpg
20230225_110329.jpg
20230225_104247.jpg
20230225_110340.jpg

Simply awe inspiring

Feb 25, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #157 of 3,122
Nice! I wonder if Zach's 45 amp made the trip.
I selfishly didn't bring it, mainly because it my most treasured/favorite amp and I know I didn't tell you but had an airmid scare on the way back from canjam socal where it was lost in travel for 6 weeks lol.

I will however have it at both axpona and canjam Chicago, since I will hand deliver it! 😂
Is there any chance AC will release in March?
I heard April in the last YouTube livestream, but the pictures of AC at CANJAM are making me impatient XD
It's likely going to be mid April. I learned the hard way to make sure we have plenty of inventory ready to ship before releases it makes every much happier!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 25, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #158 of 3,122
It's likely going to be mid April. I learned the hard way to make sure we have plenty of inventory ready to ship before releases it makes every much happier!
Mid-April, perfect!
By then enough budget can be prepared for AC. :)

Feb 26, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #159 of 3,122
Any impressions on the Viva Electrostatic amp?
How the Corina compares to the Voce and X9000?
viva 845 - tested with my Susvara and own source. Very enjoyable big tiny sound. Fantastic sound stage expansion. Warm, not neutral. Bass is deep but not tight. Overall more of a fun lush presentation.

Viva est amp - tested with X9000k was very good, emphasize is warmth from tubes

Viva house sound of amps is clearly warm and lush, done right

I'm not quite sure as I saw the Black and White ebony set that @goldwerger was swift enough to grab (I had those in my final list from which to bring home... him taking them narrowed the list lol)

You’re welcome :)

Jesus, those are beautiful 😍

Thanks!

Holy smokes!
It's like choosing which kid is your favorite ... they are all amazing in their own right

Indeed

Simply awe inspiring

😮😮😮

Looks awesome and I know sounds incredible. Both you and @buke9 told me that amp was incredible!
The hard wood has a positive impact and tipped me over..

Looks awesome and I know sounds incredible.

Very happy with it

Feb 26, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #160 of 3,122

In addition there were Figured Olive sets (beautiful with the olive green BBB strap and lighter wood color), one that was Purple (maybe Purple Heart), and... you know what I remembered I took a few pics. They are relatively poor quality as they were solely for me to make my own decision but this should give a taste:

20230225_110335.jpg
20230225_110329.jpg
20230225_104247.jpg
20230225_110340.jpg

Is that a candy store in canjam? :dizzy_face:

Feb 26, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #161 of 3,122
Anyone know what amp this is? I wasn’t aware that ZMF made custom amps. This looks incredible though. This is a picture from CanJam that Zeos posted yesterday.

6F445DA4-FF37-4DA5-926D-B645634FC5B1.jpeg

Feb 26, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #162 of 3,122
Anyone know what amp this is? I wasn’t aware that ZMF made custom amps. This looks incredible though. This is a picture from CanJam that Zeos posted yesterday.

Probably the upcoming collab with Decware

Feb 26, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #163 of 3,122
I believe that is the Taboo MK 4

Feb 26, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #164 of 3,122

Probably the upcoming collab with Decware
Correct, it is a collaboration ZMF is doing with Decware. When I spoke to Zach yesterday he mentioned he worked it out with Decware to have a number of units ready for order because Decware has an extensive back-log. For example I ordered Decware's CSP3 (with a few custom options) amp last April'22 and it still looks like it may take another 6 months or so for assembly. Zach did not mention how many he'll have but I figure it would be a limited amount.

Feb 26, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #165 of 3,122
Correct, it is a collaboration ZMF is doing with Decware. When I spoke to Zach yesterday he mentioned he worked it out with Decware to have a number of units ready for order because Decware has an extensive back-log. For example I ordered Decware's CSP3 (with a few custom options) amp last April'22 and it still looks like it may take another 6 months or so for assembly. Zach did not mention how many he'll have but I figure it would be a limited amount.
Yeah I've heard they take a long time / sound amazing. Small operation I'm sure. Interesting tubes. What does it sound like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back