ZMF Atrium Closed
Oct 15, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #2,041 of 3,180
Will all models be released at the same time for ZMF November?

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #2,042 of 3,180
No - Zach has said that there will be a schedule posted soon. I think there are two models hitting on 10/17 or 19.

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #2,043 of 3,180
Hi guys - having owned the Auteur, Eikon, and Atticus - would you say the AC's are a combination of both the Atticus and Eikon? Eikon imo were just the right amount of detail as well as the Auteur but they could get bright around 5k whereas never had a single treble issue with the Atticus. The Atticus would blow your head off with the midbass (especially with the stock pads) but changing pads on it killed what made it special too much. I did love it's warmth and tonality (something I think the Aeolus nailed even moreso but took too much of a hit on the bass.) Do these strike a nice balance between midbass and subbass or does it lean too much in one direction? Thinking of pairing these with the Pendant.
I can give you my take on it. I have never heard the Auteur/Eikon but I have owned the Atticus
When I first listened I thought this is exactly what I would want out of a more "mature" Atticus.
I know people have had that same feeling with Eikon as well
There is a bass lift in the mid and sub but it is never to the point where one overwhelms another. I never once thought while listening to them one was dominating over the other.

I had the blame the AC on buying a new record player. This headphone makes me want to upgrade all of my chain. It truly is what I have been searching for in a headphone.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #2,044 of 3,180

No - Zach has said that there will be a schedule posted soon. I think there are two models hitting on 10/17 or 19.
Yep will have full announcements this week. All the b stock will be released the same day though.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 15, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #2,045 of 3,180
I can give you my take on it. I have never heard the Auteur/Eikon but I have owned the Atticus
When I first listened I thought this is exactly what I would want out of a more "mature" Atticus.
I know people have had that same feeling with Eikon as well
There is a bass lift in the mid and sub but it is never to the point where one overwhelms another. I never once thought while listening to them one was dominating over the other.

I had the blame the AC on buying a new record player. This headphone makes me want to upgrade all of my chain. It truly is what I have been searching for in a headphone.
So the Eikon with it's biocellulose driver has more withdrawn or neutral mids than the Atticus. It sounds like it should be paired with a warmer amp than a more neutral one. I remember pairing the Auteur (which uses the same driver as the Eikon) as sounding too boring after a while with a more clinical/neutral amp. Like the Auteur, it sounds like the AC is very responsive to tube rolling as well. So should it be paired with an OTL or can it sound good off a SET amp?

Oct 15, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #2,046 of 3,180
So the Eikon with it's biocellulose driver has more withdrawn or neutral mids than the Atticus. It sounds like it should be paired with a warmer amp than a more neutral one.
Can confirm that the Eikon is magical with a warmer OTL amp (Woo WA2)!

(EDIT: This is why the AC is my dream headphone!)

I’m not a religious person per se, but I’m listening to these amazing gentlemen and am just about ready to get some good religion this Sunday. 😊❤️ :o2smile:

IMG_3146.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #2,047 of 3,180
Can confirm that the Eikon is magical with a warmer OTL amp (Woo WA2)!

(EDIT: This is why the AC is my dream headphone!)

I’m not a religious person per se, but I’m listening to these amazing gentlemen and am just about ready to get some good religion this Sunday. 😊❤️ :o2smile:

IMG_3146.jpeg

Then you may want to check this collab they have with Ben Harper... love these two tracks from it...

1697428186835.png

1697428165647.png

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #2,048 of 3,180
Then you may want to check this collab they have with Ben Harper... love these two tracks from it...

Thank you, and spot on, as they say in the UK… I own that album too.

Been a big Ben Harper fan for 20+ years. He and The Innocent Criminals are amazing. 👍👍

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #2,049 of 3,180
Oct 16, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #2,050 of 3,180
It's hard to stop listening to them. I might still prefer AO for most rock, but wow these are fun and would be an excellent complement to AO. The tuning is quite different. Porcupine Tree - In Absentia sounds incredible. AC might be the best headphones I've heard for bass heavy music and edm.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #2,051 of 3,180
AC might be the best headphones I've heard for bass heavy music and edm.
Out of curiosity, what wood type are the ACs you are trying? Thanks!

Oct 16, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #2,052 of 3,180
I can personally attest that the more dense Olive is superb with EDM. Huge, clean bass with spacious sound. I concur that this is the best I’ve ever heard these genres.

No doubt the softer woods take that and turn it up to 11. Like @Monsterzero said: “How ya like bass?!” 😋

Just my opinion that nobody asked for.

Oct 16, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #2,054 of 3,180
I can personally attest that the more dense Olive is superb with EDM. Huge, clean bass with spacious sound. I concur that this is the best I’ve ever heard these genres.

No doubt the softer woods take that and turn it up to 11. Like @Monsterzero said: “How ya like bass?!” 😋

Just my opinion that nobody asked for.
Just cuz no one asked for it doesn’t mean it’s not helpful. 😊 Great to see Monster’s point re-emphasized as it helps me decide between AC woods! 🤜🤛

Users who are viewing this thread

Back