ZiShan Z3 Hi-Fi Player Thread
Jun 19, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #91 of 132
@raabje

Thanks for sharing.
It is as you suspected the Zishan Z3 V0.5 FW.

It works in my Z3(ak4490) and in my Z3(CS43198), music plays, but I didn't compared the sound quality (I don't have time to listen now).
I don't have the Z3(ES9038Q2M).
We don't have the change log to know what changed beside the ES9038Q2M support.
Thank you for all your help and sharing your knowledge to me... I got my zishan fixed thank you very much..

Jul 13, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #94 of 132
I don't think you have a choice, when you want to buy new.

After the AK factory fire Zishan switched to CS DAC, and shortly after this, to ES DAC. I think the old models you see on AE en Ebay in reality are not available.

Aug 30, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #99 of 132
I did some opamp testing and testing between devices, when I switched between my Z3 with 9038 en my DSD with 9038 (and also my CS 43198 DSD), same song playing simultaneously on both devices, same volume, a hot swap of the headphone. In my ears the DSD has a bit more 3D sound, and a bit more authority. The Z3 has a bit more 2D sound. Disclaimer is that from my experience, when you install a proper opamp, like Muses, or Burson, all high-end opamps sounds the same in Z3 and DSD. So I didn't hear a difference in opamp, I think I heard the difference between single and dual DAC.

But this difference between Z3 and DSD was only recognizable when I hot swapped my headphone, the difference is gone in a few seconds. When I just plug in my Z3 and play a song I don't miss anything.

For myself I am curious what other devices and brands give a (much) better sound than the Zishan DSD and Z3. I know you can mod the circuit but for sure I will burn the circuit with my solder skills so I don't go there. What is a step up from Zishan in the sound quality department, and what is the price-range of such devices?

Sep 10, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #102 of 132
hi
how can make usb dac function auto on without entering settings?i always enter settings and enable the usb dac .i use discrete opamp(reverse case open and enabling usb dac is more difficult.) thanks z3 firmware is 0.5
also sound level on z3 (es9038qm) set again level 60. i need to make z3 remenber sound level and usb dac settings.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #104 of 132
Nevermind. I have actually found the solution. The Zishan Z3 sorts files by creation date. This only really works if you use exFAT sd cards. To do this correctly you need to use a software that copies folders and files alphabetically. My Z3 now works perfectly and all files are correctly in order.

Don't forget to use exFAT cards only with the new Zishan Z3 9038 version.

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #105 of 132
hi
how can make usb dac function auto on without entering settings?i always enter settings and enable the usb dac .i use discrete opamp(reverse case open and enabling usb dac is more difficult.) thanks z3 firmware is 0.5
also sound level on z3 (es9038qm) set again level 60. i need to make z3 remenber sound level and usb dac settings.
edit: i found my problem solution
adjust volume and filter on player mode then connect to usb dac but dont click z3 buttons while in usb dac mode ,if you click buttons, filters and volume level get reset to default

Users who are viewing this thread

Back