Votes: 20 27.4%
  • Way above the price range!

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Could be

Votes: 30 41.1%

• Total voters
Aug 29, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #256 of 652
Hello!

30 RMB is equal to approx. USD $4. Prepare USD $5 just in case. About shipping fee, it'll depends on the seller, whether they can give you free shipping fee for that or not. Try to contact the seller kindly and make deal first. Hopefully you and the seller can make a good term.
I'll forward this section to my trusted source. Stay tuned for further reply.
Thanks for your honest feedback. Remember, ZiShan is reading what's happening here. Hopefully, they'll fix the screen issues and I believe they will in future updates. Anyway, is the screen really that bad? I haven't got my T1 yet, so can't tell. Once I got my T1, I'll do my best to review it!

God bless
Thanks, I’ll give it a shot.

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #257 of 652
4 or 5 bucks is not bad at all!

Thanks for the quick reply and keen interest in the Users’ experience, Ice Man!

You rock!

Went ahead and purchased the T1! I have a few more questions if you don’t mind asking the Zishan team which is how I can fit a single to dual op amp adapter into the T1 because I’m interesting in putting a specific op amp that only comes in single channel for the lpf specifically designed for sound filtering precision instrumentation!

Also is there a battery in terms of mah that can fit inside the T1? I have seen a 4000 mah 3.7v with similar dimensions of the T1 that would provide more current output to the T1. The more current the better provided it doesn’t create a little of battery ripple noise! I’ve tested higher mahs battery in the Zishan Dsd and they do not in fact, they run much cooler too!)

I am planning on modifying my T1 with LDOs that have high PSRRs with low quiescent current to improve battery life and noise reduction even further in the signal. Since I play high res files they often require more intensive cpu power and playback really limits the battery life per listening usage.

Updated: Oh, forgot to ask this and I know that someone else had asked why the Zishan team still uses the 10 ohms in their Zout measurements is it because it meets the majority of earphones/headphones tested sound good in the Chinese market. However, what would be acceptable measurements for modification to power IEMS? There’s a lot of debate/discussion about this in the Zishan threads and nobody seems to know the best figures in what is an acceptable amount of resistance relative to the DAC powering iems headphones with such a lower powered dap. Also, where would they occur (ie lpf, hpf, balanced out, 3.5mm or of the above??) Would really like it if you ask them to test and recommend resistance figures (as in a traditional data sheet) to give to the Zishan User community who opt to use iems of 16-32 Ohms. Thanks.

God bless!
Hello!

I hope you're happy with your purchase. Keep in mind, Zishan products are for price-to-performance and not really into built quality. So, treat em carefully. And if the screen is somewhat "error" Or irresponsive, head over this post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zishan-t1-hi-fi-player-thread.911795/page-12#post-15138816.
About LPF op-amps, sadly, there's no other way to use op-amps that bigger than plastic DIP8 op-amps, yet. But hopefully, there's someone who can find a way to use those kind of op-amps (I read that quite a lot of people likes burson's). Wait for ZiShan or the guys at player.ru to find a way out.
About the rest of your posts, well, I'm sorry, I can't answer them, as I'm not an audio engineer nor a professional in this. But, I've already discuss something like this in https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zishan-t1-hi-fi-player-thread.911795/page-12#post-15141801. But don't worry. ZiShan read what's happening here.

I hope I can answer your questions. If not, let ZiShan alone answer your questions through future updates and products :wink:.

God bless

Aug 29, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #258 of 652
Hello!

I hope you're happy with your purchase. Keep in mind, Zishan products are for price-to-performance and not really into built quality. So, treat em carefully. And if the screen is somewhat "error" Or irresponsive, head over this post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zishan-t1-hi-fi-player-thread.911795/page-12#post-15138816.
About LPF op-amps, sadly, there's no other way to use op-amps that bigger than plastic DIP8 op-amps, yet. But hopefully, there's someone who can find a way to use those kind of op-amps (I read that quite a lot of people likes burson's). Wait for ZiShan or the guys at player.ru to find a way out.
About the rest of your posts, well, I'm sorry, I can't answer them, as I'm not an audio engineer nor a professional in this. But, I've already discuss something like this in https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zishan-t1-hi-fi-player-thread.911795/page-12#post-15141801. But don't worry. ZiShan read what's happening here.

I hope I can answer your questions. If not, let ZiShan alone answer your questions through future updates and products :wink:.

God bless

All good Ice Man! Thanks for the follow up and your honesty for “inside” knowledge of everything Zishan!
6F88FDBF-1560-40FA-A943-3281E8471A27.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #259 of 652
Guys, so I was just searching for Zishan T1 on YouTube. I scrolled down and I found this

I, at first wanted to watch zpolt's review, then I accidentally found that video. He stated on the description section that he uses pen from old PDA devices to navigate T1, as they both use resistive screen. Or wooden toothpick can also helpful.

Hopes this help

All good Ice Man! Thanks for the follow up and your honesty for “inside” knowledge of everything Zishan!
Edit: Don't thank me bro, I got all of these infos from my trusted source. So say thanks to him :wink:

God bless

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #260 of 652
Guys, so I was just searching for Zishan T1 on YouTube. I scrolled down and I found this

I, at first wanted to watch zpolt's review, then I accidentally found that video. He stated on the description section that he uses pen from old PDA devices to navigate T1, as they both use resistive screen. Or wooden toothpick can also helpful.

Hopes this help

Edit: Don't thank me bro, I got all of these infos from my trusted source. So say thanks to him :wink:

God bless

Dear IceFrosty

Do you have any information about new firmware for use zishan T1 as USB DAC? Thank you.

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #263 of 652
No matter which software I use, I've already tested all the ones that work in the rest of the DAPs I have.
What gets messy are the folders inside other folders. Files don't.
I usually put the year at the beginning of the folder, to keep an order with the discographies, but he arranges them as he wants.

IMG_20190830_132653.jpg

Aug 30, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #264 of 652
No matter which software I use, I've already tested all the ones that work in the rest of the DAPs I have.
I usually put the year at the beginning of the folder, to keep an order with the discographies, but he arranges them as he wants.

Zishan player played songs based on the date the songs created. So if you pasted folder B 1 second ahead than folder A, then folder B will be the first one to be showed. So move them one by one, or try file date editor, like this one
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/filedatech.html

Hopes this help
Dear IceFrosty

Do you have any information about new firmware for use zishan T1 as USB DAC? Thank you.
I haven't pick my T1 up. Hopefully, I'll pick it up by tomorrow (8/31). After that, I'll do my best to bring all of the T1 features and other stuff into a single review. So stay tuned!

God bless

Aug 30, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #265 of 652
Zishan player played songs based on the date the songs created. So if you pasted folder B 1 second ahead than folder A, then folder B will be the first one to be showed. So move them one by one, or try file date editor, like this one
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/filedatech.html

Hopes this help

I haven't pick my T1 up. Hopefully, I'll pick it up by tomorrow (8/31). After that, I'll do my best to bring all of the T1 features and other stuff into a single review. So stay tuned!

God bless

It's not working, firend.
I'm talking about folders, not files.
Even if you change the date of individual folders, they're not sorted as they should be.

And to change the date of the folders I use Total Commander

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #267 of 652
I think he means the folders are arranged by how you plop them on the sd card.

Yes, I fully understand what you're saying. And that is solved with programs that order the FAT table.
In fact, the first folder level is perfectly ordered.

Well. Now I've done another test erasing the years in square brackets. Now they are sorted alphabetically.
Even if you remove the brackets, only with numbers, it still sort them badly.

But removing the numbers from the beginning works.

It's something that doesn't happen in the rest of the DAPs.

A small detail to keep in mind.

If I put a number before the square brackets it is sorted correctly, using DriveSort.

IMG_20190830_163737.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #268 of 652

That’s because the Zishan’s put folders in chronological order to how they were edited not by all of the metadata. It’s the same for zishan dsd pro and their entire line.

For instance your lastest folder will end up at the end of your list regardless of year, etc aka metadata.

It’s a glitch in the firmware algorithm is probably due to a lost of translation in the code. Or it’s missing those line commands to do what you want it to do in terms of chronological order.

For example, if [Year] is [album]...

All these firmware grievances actually makes me laugh especially when I read that Huawei used chips to spy on Europeans and Americans and Google decided to drop their relationship with them so no more Android or updates will probably have these issues moving forward.

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/upcoming-huawei-mate-30-officially-banned-from-using-google-apps

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #269 of 652
Apologies for the consecutive posts but I thought it’s worth mentioning that the Ak4499eq in the Zishan realm will require more thought in terms of circuitry than the Akm’s previous versions which were easy to incorporate many because it’s current powered rather than voltage.

(Keep in mind that Ak4499eq is also a 4 channel chip which may require a quad op amp that could limit the diy options of favourite op amp if there are space limits in the (T2??) )

Moreover, the Akm now requires that you register via email to retrieve the datasheet which is a bit tedious but justifiable in today’s climate!

I did happen to screen shot the block diagram as a glimpse to everyone following this thread for your viewership. Personally, I believe in terms of innovation it’s pretty impressive that they would opt for current power chip vs a volt one! This, however, requires some really impressive engineering savvy since it would require more thought to process because you must go through many more engineer challenges.

Will be interesting how the Zishan team of engineers will tackle this feat in the (T2??) but there will definitely be advantage(s) to using current powered chip vs voltage powered! I will looking with keen how the diy community with take-on this challenge as well!
0E670B7C-624D-4D88-B695-947214924FD0.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #270 of 652
T1 over DSD pro
convince me why I should switch

I also have the Z3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back