ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jul 8, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #1,441 of 1,497
There are no tubes.
rolleyes.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/808607/lightbox/post/12656926/id/1656044

This is a case of non-tuning in the most literal way.

are these generic china ba driver or knowles driver?

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #1,443 of 1,497
EDIT:  OOPS! I had accidentally posted something intended for the FLC8S thread here. I apologize if it seemed like I was trolling; I was not.

confused_face.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #1,446 of 1,497
The D27 is on the way to me. We'll see how this goes. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #1,447 of 1,497
Recieved mine today. Honestly speaking I've expected them to be worser after all the whine. After about 1 hour listening I got accostumised to sound signature. Also there is 1 interesting thing about them. It is absolutely not possible to listen to them with low volumes. They sound too muffed. However if you have a decent amp somehow vocals go in front and that wall of muddiness goes back.

I don't believe they sound as intended from low powered source. They have to be connected to something powerful.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #1,448 of 1,497
Recieved mine today. Honestly speaking I've expected them to be worser after all the whine. After about 1 hour listening I got accostumised to sound signature. Also there is 1 interesting thing about them. It is absolutely not possible to listen to them with low volumes. They sound too muffed. However if you have a decent amp somehow vocals go in front and that wall of muddiness goes back.

I don't believe they sound as intended from low powered source. They have to be connected to something powerful.

Idk Twin, has the Fiio E12 it has more than enough power

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,449 of 1,497

How are the mids and highs....?
I believe the DD driver need burn-in for some of that muddiness to go away.

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #1,450 of 1,497
I can only tell me experience - I put 100h burn-in into them. Still the mid strangeness didn't change much. EQ'ing helped to some degree and made them agreeable, but to my taste - not stellar.

Sure you can crank up the volume, but I think this is only masking deficits by ear overload - same thing lossy audio compression does for higher volume levels: throw away lots of stuff the ears won't notice anymore. Also there are a lot types of music I do not want to listen to too lound.

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #1,451 of 1,497
Just for some thoughts...
There are currently altogether 59 comments/buyer's impression on this item in taobao, none is negative!
It is acknowledged throughout China about sellers hire ghostwriter to post comments, even sales lot per month can be manipulated! (I'm not pointing my fingers to this one). And I'm not questioning the legit of this product, but until you listen one and test it with your own ears you might not know what you are getting...

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #1,452 of 1,497
  The D27 is on the way to me. We'll see how this goes. 

Wow.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-NicheCK-DZ7-In-Ear-Earphone-Hybrid-7-Drive-Unit-DIY-HIFI-Monitor-Printing-NiceHCK-Customized/1825606_32689893188.html

You might want to start a new thread  
tongue.gif

Very ambitious AE sellers.

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #1,454 of 1,497
DZ7

It's too early to say too much about the DZ7. I can say, however, that the DZ7 is the earphone that I hoped the QT5 would sound like (but apparently fell short base on quite a few impressions I saw on this page). The theme here (i.e. sound signature) is forward mids with a very nice full instrument separation. The highs aren't harsh at all, but I can't help but think that four BAs are concentrated on various frequency ranges in the mids. Vocals are forward and clear (and of course, not thin at all). Now, the bass needs burn in before I can really say what it's going to do. Oh, it is there, but for those hoping for basshead levels, I'm afraid you might be disappointed. This is a midcentric earphone. The bass is there if the song calls for it, but it doesn't stay on full blast like that infamous "can't be named" three-driver hybrid. Now, what the bass does upon burn in may tell another story. Right now, it's pleasant and verseral.

I opted for the MMCX connection, the cables that came with it are capable, but I will be switching to an upgraded silver-coated cable. It's a very full and gorgeous sound earphone that plays jazz, rock and soul music with a very slight warmth. Let's just say I was expect worse than what I heard, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Oh, there are two sound tubes that I can see right now. The build is solid and I don't see any QC issues (and I'm looking for them). That's it for the moment. I may give fuller impressions after a good burn-in and much more listening. 

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #1,455 of 1,497
@ericp10
thanks for your initial thoughts. How do they compare to the AT IM03 (I saw in your sig) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back