ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #1,418 of 1,497
  http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-NicheCK-DZ7-In-Ear-Earphone-Hybrid-7-Drive-Unit-DIY-HIFI-Monitor-Printing-NiceHCK-Customized/32689893188.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.57.3Vi0Yo

Those look fantastic - love the metal nozzles and wish all IEMs had that.  Please post some pics of how yours look, quality control and of course sound impression.  I`m seriously thinking about these . . . .   

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #1,421 of 1,497
hahaha yeah very adventurous indeed....

I swapped for shockwave iii, very happy with the sound, but you might turn out to have the best one yet haha.

Jul 7, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #1,422 of 1,497
I swapped for shockwave iii, very happy with the sound, but you might turn out to have the best one yet haha.

cool.gif
I'm a little Skeptical here. I see NO MENTION of any Crossover Networks whatsoever that would be necessary in this type of configuration especially with a generic Kidney Bean Shaped housing where special internal tunings of construction wouldn't be possible. I also see no inner sound tubes going into the Nozzle from the BA drivers.....

It just raises a Red Flag on these points alone. I hope I'm wrong. They could be a Stellar earphone.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jul 7, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #1,423 of 1,497

cool.gif
I'm a little Skeptical here. I see NO MENTION of any Crossover Networks whatsoever that would be necessary in this type of configuration especially with a generic Kidney Bean Shaped housing where special internal tunings of construction wouldn't be possible. I also see no inner sound tubes going into the Nozzle from the BA drivers.....

It just raises a Red Flag on these points alone. I hope I'm wrong. They could be a Stellar earphone.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

The only thing i know is 
Code:
 It is (30017 + 31116 + 31116) × 2 +1 Sennheiser DD , they are Composite driving unit.

Jul 7, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #1,424 of 1,497
:cool: I'm a little Skeptical here. I see NO MENTION of any Crossover Networks whatsoever that would be necessary in this type of configuration especially with a generic Kidney Bean Shaped housing where special internal tunings of construction wouldn't be possible. I also see no inner sound tubes going into the Nozzle from the BA drivers.....

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Not really a red flag, tbh. Most of the tuning is done mechanically, e.g filters and the like. Without the major dip at 1k, these would probably sound quite good. My guess would be an issue in phase from the DD. You could solve this by adding a low-pass into the mix, but only to lift the DD freq-range till it's in unision with the first BA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back