ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #647 of 1,497
Mine also.. most common issue here appears to be impatience ..
wink_face.gif

that is so condescending its laughable 
rolleyes.gif

Seriously only reason sellers say to burn in "200" hours is because its beyond return window. I am speaking in general terms. I have yet to hear a headphone that sounded different beyond the first 10 hours, if at all. Burn in is the biggest cop out ever, for any seller I mean. If it doesn't sound good in first 10 hours, something is wrong imo. another 190 hours won't magically alleviate the issue imo :) 

Sorry when I see outrageous burn in claims it just irks me. Nothing against you bud, you are a cool dude :)

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #648 of 1,497
"I suppose it's a risk I'm willing to take. The sound that people are describing is what really keeps me interested."

Exactly,same here,.

Been arguing with myself ,whether to get the QT5,or,the Shockwave III,-you'd think I'm buying a mansion by the sea-LOL

Mike

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #649 of 1,497
that is so condescending its laughable :rolleyes:

Seriously only reason sellers say to burn in "200" hours is because its beyond return window. I am speaking in general terms. I have yet to hear a headphone that sounded different beyond the first 10 hours, if at all. Burn in is the biggest cop out ever, for any seller I mean. If it doesn't sound good in first 10 hours, something is wrong imo. another 190 hours won't magically alleviate the issue imo :) 

Sorry when I see outrageous burn in claims it just irks me. Nothing against you bud, you are a cool dude :)

Exactly. It's just another snake oil thing, which has close to no fundamental evidence. Look at some of those tools to "properly" burn-in earphones. Just another marketing trick to get off some extra accesories.
Cook your earphones for 200hours on the burner? Bruh. Just enjoy them and that's it.

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #650 of 1,497
I suppose this is kinda related, but anyone skeptical about the QC when purchasing the qt5 might wanna consider the trinity phantom master 4 as an alternative? It has a similar configuration. 4 ba and 2 dd? I'm pretty sure that's accurate. It's up for preorder

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #651 of 1,497
I suppose this is kinda related, but anyone skeptical about the QC when purchasing the qt5 might wanna consider the trinity phantom master 4 as an alternative? It has a similar configuration. 4 ba and 2 dd? I'm pretty sure that's accurate. It's up for preorder

That's the Master 6.
And Yes. I was considering it. Good thing is that preorder will probably go till late August, so there should be time to evaluate. (And save up some money)
200 Pounds + 20% discount, seems like a no-brainer.

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #652 of 1,497
That's the Master 6.
And Yes. I was considering it. Good thing is that preorder will probably go till late August, so there should be time to evaluate. (And save up some money)
200 Pounds + 20% discount, seems like a no-brainer.

It will be 200 pounds but no 20% discount.  The Master 6 will be a Kickstarter offering.

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #654 of 1,497
Confirmed? I thought that was only for the Hunter?
Still, 200 Pounds isn't bad. Literally the same as the QT5, although much better in build. (e.g. Filters, 2-pin connector, etc.)

It's correct I'm afraid, 200£ on KS.

Hunter is on pre-sale on their site already (with the 20% discount available).

Jun 11, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #659 of 1,497
It's correct I'm afraid, 200£ on KS.

Hunter is on pre-sale on their site already (with the 20% discount available).

Is it me or the masters not £200 and out of stock?

They're still not released and as mentioned two post above they'll be on Kickstarter first :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back