ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #631 of 1,497
  "From what I've read, just rotate the cable 360 degrees or something like that and its solved. The only real issue I see here is 1 person with most probably a defective unit, which happens with the best brands. These IEMs are good quality with attention to detail. Even SW3 (MMCX version) had issues with the connector. Even Fidue."

Is it only 1 person???,seems that this problem is growing,-every time I open up this thread,another member is having a problem
Looks like the QC at ZhiYing,is non-exist ant??

$300.00 is a lot of money,to lay out,for a product that is coming out of the factory,..faulty.

For now-I'll pass

Mike

I also found that odd as cuz MMCX connectrs simply don't work like that. If that's really the case then the QC is horrible or they used low grade connectors.

Hope not, but if that happen to my units as well, I cannot give a good feedback on a review. $300 for a faulty connector.. that's what's called a lemon.

Paul

Jun 11, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #633 of 1,497
"From what I've read, just rotate the cable 360 degrees or something like that and its solved. The only real issue I see here is 1 person with most probably a defective unit, which happens with the best brands. These IEMs are good quality with attention to detail. Even SW3 (MMCX version) had issues with the connector. Even Fidue."

Is it only 1 person???,seems that this problem is growing,-every time I open up this thread,another member is having a problem
Looks like the QC at ZhiYing,is non-exist ant??

$300.00 is a lot of money,to lay out,for a product that is coming out of the factory,..faulty.

For now-I'll pass

Mike

Arrhh... I don't think the cable or the connection is a big problem. I wrote something about strange sound out of the box. Whether this was a connection problem or fit, brain/burn in i don't know. I would rather complain about the big nozzle or lack of foam tips..:).

These are stellar phones and better than my FLC 8S!!

Jun 11, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #634 of 1,497
He said at least 150hrs. I a guy who don't give much credit to burn-in but I'll try burning in some more after I receive those.

Paul

150hrs OOTB! Your in for treat! :beerchug: What other IEMs do you have to compare with your QT5s?
P.S Just looked at your IEM collection , great collection by the way! Looking forward to your impressions and comparisons! :darthsmile:

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #635 of 1,497
My connector must be "special" 
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #637 of 1,497
"
Mine must also.. most common issue here appears to be impatience"

I guess,you're referring to the 200hrs,needed for burn-in???...LOL

Jun 11, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #638 of 1,497
Inconsistent build quality means just that: inconsistent.......

Edit: if you're indeed talking about burn in I'm sorry to say that I'm a non believer (as long as it's not brain burn in which I very much believe in).

Jun 11, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #640 of 1,497
Inconsistent build quality means just that: inconsistent.......

Edit: if you're indeed talking about burn in I'm sorry to say that I'm a non believer (as long as it's not brain burn in which I very much believe in).

I think the process of burn-in is essentially a way to wear and make a driver more elastic and soft. Hence, it effects dynamic driver.  

Jun 11, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #641 of 1,497
Hello again. Completed another 10 hours of burn-in last night and things are getting better. I hope I'm not that person referenced that "had one bad day," because my day was actually quite good that first day, just that my IEMs were not 
wink_face.gif

Since I've tried three cables and twisted them around about 100 rotations, I am going to assume that is not the issue here. I will say this: they sound completely different than the day I got them. I don't know if it's the cable settling in and making better connection, burn-in taking some more effect or what. It is puzzling. In my long IEM journey I have never experienced this. It's so different from Paulus' experience: plug them in and be wowed. I plugged them in and immediately wanted to return them. I hope people will not make their decision on these based off only my findings. I don't mean to scare people, but I also posted as honestly and openly as I could. It's just something to consider I guess. 

At the end of the day, if these are defective (which now I'm less sure of) then Jim will send a replacement. Would it be a week or two delay? Sure, but it's the price of entry in any brand. I don't know that I would be any better off buying an off-the-shelf pair of Sonys if there was something wrong. Surely their service center would take longer. 

Anyhow, I don't love these, but I sure am liking them more day by day. I'll get some more time with them today. I appreciate the kind folks in this thread. 

-Collin-

PS: Jim HCK keeps referring me back to bhazard to fix my issue. How much is he paying you bhazard? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #642 of 1,497
Considering sound alone, I firmly believe these could be my endgame. But the QC issues some members are reporting is really worrying me. I find it disappointing that it's the buyers as opposed to the seller/maker that's giving advice on how to fix the initial issues people are having. Does anyone have any info what Jim HCK himself personally recommends when attempting a first listen?  

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #643 of 1,497
Soniccali,,
"
"Considering sound alone, I firmly believe these could be my endgame. But the QC issues some members are reporting is really worrying me. I find it disappointing that it's the buyers as opposed to the seller/maker that's giving advice on how to fix the initial issues people are having. Does anyone have any info what Jim HCK himself personally recommends when attempting a first listen? " 

Very good point
I'm a bit surprised ,the builder hasn't posted something?

Bhazard,any suggestion/comments?

Mike

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #644 of 1,497
I'm only going by what worked for me. Basic cleaning of the connector areas, attach firmly, a twist, and a night or two of burn in just in case.

If they still sound veiled, it's up to the seller/manufacturer to fix the issue, not us.

I just recommend to try what you can, as I was ready to return them and give up until they "unlocked". Total 180 of my impression of them and absolutely loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back