ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #601 of 1,497
"Am considering selling my IEM collection"
Did I miss read it..??

Mike

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #602 of 1,497
Am considering selling my IEM collection also since QT5s have made them pretty much redundant. . I have not had any issues with the cable or having to twist and carry on.. the muffled OOTB dissolved with 24hours playtime.. will keep the Shozys Zeros despite not using them since QT5s landed..

Thats so strange. Mines sounded excellent right out of the box. Just improved in expected areas, like several other IEMs do, but they did not sound muffled at all. Even with 0 burn-in, they were immediatelly competing with the SW3 SQ wise and still with better treble IMO. That's kind of a mistery to me.

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #603 of 1,497
So,Paulus,you did not have to dis-assemble,then re-assemble the housing and straighten out the cable??
You got perfect SQ,right of the box??

I guess the problem only applies to SOME units---very wierd??

Mike

Jun 10, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #607 of 1,497
What do you guys think about Fidue A91 seem them has few challenging now..
V-shape some more, but myself will prefer over Rose Pudding, how they can do that great job via v-shape shell design. :)

Jun 10, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #608 of 1,497
What do you guys think about Fidue A91 seem them has few challenging now..
V-shape some more, but myself will prefer over Rose Pudding, how they can do that great job via v-shape shell design. :)

I think the Fidue A91 looks stunning, the QT5s have retired my A83s and would imagine the A91 would be everything the A83 is and then some. My sound signature preference is warm and slightly dark with massive soundstage and holographic resolution. Reviews of the A91 sound fantastic and slightly more neutral than I like, no doubt they deliver of all frequencies when required. Again price/performance ratio comes into question when comparing say Rose flagship and QT5s to something in Sirius price bracket and would expect the A91 to have the superior SQ.. again its about personal taste and knowing what signature you enjoy your tunes through.

I was very impressed by the QT5s OOTB especially when comparing with my IE80, A83 , 808s and Shozy Zeros however did notice at the start the QT5s had a Veiled / muffled SQ at times, which dissapeared within hours .. past the 100hour mark now and am wanting to revisited old tunes I havnt thought about in ages ... bass sounds like its tightening up some but am happy if this is it :beerchug:

Jun 10, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #609 of 1,497
I think the Fidue A91 looks stunning, the QT5s have retired my A83s and would imagine the A91 would be everything the A83 is and then some. My sound signature preference is warm and slightly dark with massive soundstage and holographic resolution. Reviews of the A91 sound fantastic and slightly more neutral than I like, no doubt they deliver of all frequencies when required. Again price/performance ratio comes into question when comparing say Rose flagship and QT5s to something in Sirius price bracket and would expect the A91 to have the superior SQ.. again its about personal taste and knowing what signature you enjoy your tunes through.

I was very impressed by the QT5s OOTB especially when comparing with my IE80, A83 , 808s and Shozy Zeros however did notice at the start the QT5s had a Veiled / muffled SQ at times, which dissapeared within hours .. past the 100hour mark now and am wanting to revisited old tunes I havnt thought about in ages ... bass sounds like its tightening up some but am happy if this is it :beerchug:

Thanks for your truth

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #613 of 1,497
After about 15-20 hours of burn in, I just listened to a track and noticed that, if the recording is good, the soundstage on these are really good. Everything feels a bit 'recessed', lacking in clarity. Instrument separation is really good. I don't feel the bass is quite at basshead levels. It is still good, but not very much quality as compared to the 2000J. Not enough for EDM, where you'd like it to be very present and strong. I think the vocals could be clearer and have more clarity, this is where I think they really lack. Still, these do have a feel of vastness (but not as much as imaginable :wink:) to them, it's too bad I don't have the DN 2000J anymore to compare or I would. I would like a cleaner sound from these, they would be perfect if everything were crisper.

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #614 of 1,497
  After about 15-20 hours of burn in, I just listened to a track and noticed that, if the recording is good, the soundstage on these are really good. Everything feels a bit 'recessed', lacking in clarity. Instrument separation is really good. I don't feel the bass is quite at basshead levels. It is still good, but not very much quality as compared to the 2000J. Not enough for EDM, where you'd like it to be very present and strong. I think the vocals could be clearer and have more clarity, this is where I think they really lack. Still, these do have a feel of vastness to them, it's too bad I don't have the DN 2000J anymore to compare or I would. I would like a cleaner sound from these, they would be perfect if everything were crisper.

The mistery comes again. Anyways, concerning bass, you need over 200hrs to reach DN-2000J territory.

Try this to burn them in quickly (EQ bass to the max without distorting): Hiram Bullock / WDR Big Band Köln - Plays The Music Of Jimi Hendrix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back