ZHAOLU Central - No Fluff, pure info thread
Jun 8, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #61 of 104
FYI, for those of you waiting (if there were any besides me
redface.gif
) the US dealer, ifiaudio.com, now has some in stock. I just ordered one, hopefully everything goes smooth. I will report back once/if it gets here.

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #63 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyamaiata
How good are the included PSU and power cord of the Zhalou? Is it worth getting a new PSU and power cord?

Well the power cord issue is always going to be up for debate. My advice is not to spend more than 20% of the units cost, but that's just my advice. As far as the PSU? There's some controversy about the PSU in the Lavry, and I thought the Lavry sounded fantastic. Could it be improved? Everything audio has room for improvement.

Quote:

Well, that is something to be expected, isn't it? What I think is going to be worthy of comparisons with standalone amps is the upgraded discrete headamp.

That's the $100,000.00 question! The module is due @ ifi the 13th, and I should have mine shortly after.

Jun 11, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #64 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
That's the $100,000.00 question! The module is due @ ifi the 13th, and I should have mine shortly after.

Be sure to compare it to the Lavry's amp and the Darkvoice 336 you are recieving.

Jun 12, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #65 of 104
Quote:

Be sure to compare it to the Lavry's amp and the Darkvoice 336 you are recieving.

It'll have to be from memory, as sadly I've sold the Lavry already.

P.S. I really would like to know what stadium you were in.

Jun 14, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #68 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcsamms
I am wondering if diykits or ifiaudio ship to Canada. I am leaning towards the Zhaolu, but thinking DAC-Ah or Diyeden as well.

If anyone in Canada has ordered from them what is the shipping rate?

thanks

Eddie of diykits charged me $61 to Toronto.

Jun 14, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #70 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcsamms
Wow thats not cheap at all. I guess thats the breaks though, I'll probably end up going the ifi route. I'll fire off a couple of e-mails see what turns up.

Keep in mind that while the shipping is higher when you order from Eddie the Zhaolu is roughly $60-70 cheaper. iFi is simply building the shipping costs into their final price.

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #71 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by device manager
Keep in mind that while the shipping is higher when you order from Eddie the Zhaolu is roughly $60-70 cheaper. iFi is simply building the shipping costs into their final price.

The final price iFi vs Eddie is the same last I checked. Why chance with customs when you can buy from a US distributor?

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #72 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by skysaxon
Eddie of diykits charged me $61 to Toronto.

How long did it take to arrive? I asked if express shipping was available, I was quoted:
"Shipping cost is $71US by double box with tracking number.
It take four days to your place.
wu."
(I'm in Toronto, also)

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #73 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal
The final price iFi vs Eddie is the same last I checked. Why chance with customs when you can buy from a US distributor?

That's the point that I was trying to make.
tongue.gif
The reason you buy from Eddie is because he performs the popular mods (Blackgates, assorted opamps, resistors, caps, etc.) to the unit. You can only order a vanilla unit from ifiaudio. Not to mention Eddie had the discrete headamp upgrade module on the 5th, and it looks like it's still OOS @ ifiaudio.
frown.gif

Eddie shipped my unit from Hong Kong on the 8th of this month and I received it yesterday.

Jun 15, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #75 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboardz26
ya, why not spend the extra 50 for mods from eddie...

This is the route Im going also , just emailed Hong Kong last night. Eddie says their will be Elna caps at rectifier stage ? is this new ? Good or bad ? and the Opamps mod is still free (hong kong promo version upgrade) Im also going with the blackgate upgrade. I will most likely order tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back