Zhaolu announced D3!
Jun 30, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #77 of 89
Just read through that big block of text...it looks like the TG-Link as it's implemented in the D3 has no buffer which seems like it defeats the purpose. Does Zhaolu have plans to release a module for D3 with buffer or is it going to be a completely different product?

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #79 of 89
about the card, if u go to http://www.togo-tek.com/ProductPage....cs&ProductID=8
scroll down to the end, it list out the requirement for the car and it's:

System request:
* Idle PCI slot
* Intel Pentium III or above AMD K6 III 500 above
* 64MB memory * at least 60MB hard disk space
* CD-ROM/ DVD-ROM
* Windows 98SE/ME/2000 SP2/XP SP1 any operating system
Note: Only can have SP1 or above Windows in the installment in the XP system broadcasts the 192KHz audio frequency

look like it does not suppose apple computer.

Jun 30, 2007 at 8:31 AM Post #80 of 89
fierce freak, i think that black internal covers bit are the transformer and the circuit for the front panel. what do u mean by buffer, can u explain this? sorry i am still very new to this kind of thing. this is the pic for the circuit diagram of the d3
p10.jpg

divided into 3 different module, the circuit on left is the dac module, bottom right is the power supple circuit, top right is the second stage low pass filter output circuit. the green arrow is for control signal, the red arrow for clock signal,the blue one for sound signal.

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #81 of 89
I was referring to this part of the text you posted:

Quote:

Through with the island valley company's consultation, the island valley company has provided two kind of editions TG-Link to the morning dew: Full page and the simplification edition, the full page TG-Link connection has the buffer front end, may completely avoid the time base vibration question which brings, simplifies the version not to bring the buffer front end, cannot solve the time base vibration problem which creates. Because the morning dew D3 anticipated fixed price cannot satisfy the lowest selling price limit which TG-Link full page requests, therefore, the morning dew D3 support simplification edition, above demonstration also is based on the simplification version TG-Link connection test result. The morning dew will support TG-Link full page in the future high end product.

It looks like they're saying there are two ways to use TG-Link: with a buffer, which removes any time-based errors between the transport and the D3 (jitter), and a simplified version which just transmits the digital signal with no checking to make sure signal is same as began at PC and bypasses the spdif receiver.

Mar 30, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #83 of 89
after more then 7 months of owning the zhaolu d3, i decided to purchase the tg-link pci card to enable the tg-link feature in the zhaolu d3, for those who dont know what's tg-link , it's a technology develop by a chinese company, it suppose to do thing similar to what is2 does, jitter free, more info here:
TOGO SndScape(tm) PC Hi-Fi ½â¾ö·½°¸ || ¼¼ÊõÎÄ¿â >> TOGO SndScape(tm) PC Hi-Fi ½â¾ö·½°¸

prior to using the tglink card as transport, i was using emu 1212, coxial out, foobar asio out as transport. moving to tg-link really caught me by surprise, it really transform the zhaolu d3 , which to my ear is a ok sounding dac.
enable the tg-link it revealed so much details i have not heard in the past. lots of music notes play in the background which i dont pay much attention in the past now jump into the picture.revelation of the detail is so good at time while listening to my w5000 i thought i am listeing to my stax sg-sigma.
decay of music note become very obvious and noticeable.it also last a bit longer then and did not get cover up if other instrument are playing at the same time
imaging is very precise, easier to pinpoint a particular instrument, be it left, right , front , back. giving me sense of 3-d ness.
separation of instruments became wider, giving me sense of more space and air
bass good deeper last longer, more punchy and better impact, giving me a fault sense of chest thumping experience.
treble is also very good, i can hear better clarity in high end notes such as violin and piano.

i like to stress that i have limited experience with dac, so i dont know how the zhaolu d3 + tglink combo scale up against high end dac. the above impressions are just my own experience. but one thing i can certain is: moving from coaxial out from emu1212 to tglink out made a huge improvement of the zhaolu d3.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #85 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
enable the tg-link it revealed so much details i have not heard in the past.

What would be useful to know is TG-Link vs. the coax (BNC) out of the same TGLink Card. If you don't have a BNC cable, there are cheap BNC-to-coax adapters. Who knows, the BNC out of the TGLink Card may be better than e-Mu coax out..

Oh, was there a reason you bought this version of the card, which has video output (DVI) vs. the cheaper one without the DVI output?

Mar 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #86 of 89
the DVI connector is for the analog sound output/input, not video output,the tg-link card can be used as a stand alone sound card , capable of 5.1 out. it seem like they had phased out the cheaper version without the DVI, can't find them anymore.
i bought my tg-link card from eddie wu from diykits.com.hk
ip22n0map.gif

the tg-link cable look very similar to a cat5 cable ,but it has 10 contact points in compare to 8 contact points on the cat5 cable

i was thinking to compare the coax out vs tg-link on the tg-link card but can't find the bnc-coax adaptor i used to have. but i doubt the coax out from the tg-link can be as good as the coax out of the emu1212 coax out. there's no native asio support for the tg-link card , they only has ks support. tg-link is enabled via their software sound panel, with foobar in ks output.

the discrepancy between the sound quality of the emu coax out vs tg-link made me wonder how good is using emu1212 coax out as a transport?
any1 has any experience with using the emu product as transport vs other transport on the zhaolu please let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back