Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jun 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #526 of 6,090
But one good thing about headfi is the traders/for sale section. Ive had probably 30sh pairs of iems and few on ears over last 3 years, but only 4 have neen new. All the rest were trades/used. Sure u lose out on shipping or resale value, but no way i could of experienced near as many without trading/buying used.

Got my bassos today also (and eph 100). These both sound pretty similar, with bass edge to bassos and stage/imaging to yamaha. But ive only spent 10 min with each. Was not impressed by re400 though, to polite fore i think (but trading it for tdk ie800). Bh2 should be here any day now, then the fun really begins

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #527 of 6,090
Yup, I'm a fan of the FS forum as well. You can really get some great deals.

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #528 of 6,090
+1 on whoever was the GOD that created that sales/trade forum.

Anywho has anyone experienced driver flex on these Bassos??? I get driver flex like crazy with Dannys set. The 2nd worse iem that has this issue for me is the JVC FX3Xs.

Other than that these sound amazing so far, a complete/ direct upgrade to the MH1Cs sound for me.  More impressions to come....

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #529 of 6,090
d marc0 has some flex with them I think. I don't seem to have any (with R1/Mee double flanged tips).

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #530 of 6,090
Quote:
d marc0 has some flex with them I think. I don't seem to have any (with R1/Mee double flanged tips).

You tried the MH1C tips with these Bassos yet??? I get the best sound using them, other tips just didn't sound right do to the driver flex issue.  Will try those Mee doubles soon cuz i got them as well. Thanks WAYNE!!!
beerchug.gif

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #531 of 6,090
Quote:

Man, do I feel sorry for you. You have now got the taste.

Let`s put it this way. Exactly 1 year ago today, I was you... encounter a guy named Dsnuts... asked the same question. I did not really expect nor want to spend hardly any money on more gear after my first few items. But, my fate (as is yours) was sealed, and alas, that was (for me) quite a bit of $$$ ago.

Please let us know how YOU are doing in a year lol! One thing will be for sure - you will have had a lot of fun!

Still figuring out the taste part lol. I've been switching between the basso the ink'd literally all day... I feel as if the basso is more refined, has better clarity, and is more balanced, but at times I think it's just in my head and it seems to sound the same... One thing that I can tell 100% different form the basso is that the ink'd are a lot louder at the same volume. I can't tell if this is a good thing or bad thing. It could be louder in certain frequencies or just louder overall, but I can't tell which. What would a reason for this be?
Quote:
RUN AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
deadhorse.gif

So the search for perfection begins... wish I had unlimited funds hehe. I might have said this already but I'm really curious how a pair of $500+ headphones/earphones sound. I'm sure it would be a much bigger, obvious difference between the ink'd and that than the ink'd and the basso I just purchased. Well I suppose they haven't burned in yet so that's a factor. I should compare the two again in 50 hours or so.

But anyway thanks again Ds and everyone in this thread for leading me to my decision on the basso! Will report back later when the basso burns in :)
But one good thing about headfi is the traders/for sale section. Ive had probably 30sh pairs of iems and few on ears over last 3 years, but only 4 have neen new. All the rest were trades/used. Sure u lose out on shipping or resale value, but no way i could of experienced near as many without trading/buying used.

Got my bassos today also (and eph 100). These both sound pretty similar, with bass edge to bassos and stage/imaging to yamaha. But ive only spent 10 min with each. Was not impressed by re400 though, to polite fore i think (but trading it for tdk ie800). Bh2 should be here any day now, then the fun really begins

I'll check this out. I've always been partial to buying used but I'm sure the guys here are generally honest.

Jun 30, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #532 of 6,090
Quote:
You tried the MH1C tips with these Bassos yet??? I get the best sound using them, other tips just didn't sound right do to the driver flex issue.  Will try those Mee doubles soon cuz i got them as well. Thanks WAYNE!!!
beerchug.gif

+1 on the MH1C tips - they sound great on the Basso

Jun 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #533 of 6,090
@cloudy it wouldnt surprise me if your inked sounds louder.. The Bassos are harder to drive meaning it takes more volume to get them to sound louder.. Here is what you need to do.. Just use your bassos for the entire week. Just your bassos. After using them for the week. relisten to your inked.. Also make sure to try music with lesser compression 320kbits minimum for your mp3s..If you pump quality music to your bassos that is when those will come proper for you. The inked ain't gonna care if you throw quality at it or not more than likely it will sound about the same.

There is some advanced tech behind them bassos that give them greater detail and imagery so in order to take full advantage of that. You have to get used to their sound first. Make sure your music is quality and also try variety of music not just your regular. It will surprise you just how versatile them bassos are.  Just use it for a while..

They are not the type of earphone that immediately wows on first listen.. But as you start to understand their sound it will win you over with more refinement and detail in the sound presentation. Later on when you go back to the inked is when you will be able to clearly tell what you have been missing.

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #534 of 6,090
^ Excellent advice Ds!

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #535 of 6,090
Quote:
@cloudy it wouldnt surprise me if your inked sounds louder.. The Bassos are harder to drive meaning it takes more volume to get them to sound louder.. Here is what you need to do.. Just use your bassos for the entire week. Just your bassos. After using them for the week. relisten to your inked.. Also make sure to try music with lesser compression 320kbits minimum for your mp3s..If you pump quality music to your bassos that is when those will come proper for you. The inked ain't gonna care if you throw quality at it or not more than likely it will sound about the same.

There is some advanced tech behind them bassos that give them greater detail and imagery so in order to take full advantage of that. You have to get used to their sound first. Make sure your music is quality and also try variety of music not just your regular. It will surprise you just how versatile them bassos are.  Just use it for a while..

They are not the type of earphone that immediately wows on first listen.. But as you start to understand their sound it will win you over with more refinement and detail in the sound presentation. Later on when you go back to the inked is when you will be able to clearly tell what you have been missing.

Ok no more switching back and forth. Only bassos for the next week. Most of my audio is at least 320kbps so that's good. I was thinking about trying different eartips and remembered that I bought a MEElectronics Sport Fi S6 for my father as he was picking up running as a hobby... Sadly when I came home to see if he had the tips I found every tip but the biflange tips (I think he lost the earphones lol) It seems when I push the bassos in slightly I can hear better. Bass is more pronounced, etc. It actually seems like the ink'd tips are slightly bigger in circumference than the basso tips, but it doesn't fit onto the bassos.

Anyway sorry for the noobiness. Thanks a lot for the advice!

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #536 of 6,090
If you want to try new tips for them. The stock ones are designed for the sound and require smaller nozzled tips..If you have a local Sony style shop at a mall near you get some Sony Hybrids. Or you can buy them cheap enough online.. The best sounding tips for them come with another earphone called the MH1C which is also made by sony.  These are what your looking for. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1372624198&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+hybrid+tips  These are softer and will probably seal a bit better than your stock tips giving a fuller sound channeled to your ear.

Proper seal and the right tips are everything when it comes to sound. You can have the best earphones in the world but will end up sounding like your inked if your not getting the right tips to seal in the sound in your ears correct.

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #537 of 6,090
Ah I see. I don't think the stock tips seal very well for my earshape. I need something a bit fatter and less conical? Even though the stock tips are pretty fat... Have you personally tried those tips on the basso? I'm not exactly sure how I can tell the diameter of the inner circle that goes onto the headphone. Not sure what the terminology is haha. The ink'd tips were too loose over the basso so they were no good :/

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #539 of 6,090
Just startin to play with tips, so far i have a monster gel type sounds pretty good. But my favorite so far is the vsonic with the light blue core. Enjoyin these so far, also playin with the eph100. They seem pretty similar so far, i think eph stage and seperation are above. Coming from clip+ they sound the same, ck4 the eph100 seems to really shine with more power. Come o. Bh2, cant wait.

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #540 of 6,090
I tried putting the skullcandy ink'd tips on the bassos but the inner circle that actually goes onto the earphone is a little bit too big. I didn't realize how big a factor the seal of the eartip was. Noob mistake... So I played with the basso tips some more and I found that if I jam them in, then slightly pull them back against my ear, it seals it in the sound pretty good. Everything is sounding a lot better. Now I see how the basso is much more balanced and clear. The bass is very very very good. To get the a similar bass on the ink'd, the rest of the sound spectrum sounds terrible. (the ink'd actually seems to have decent bass surprisingly...) Listening to some dnb, house, dubstep and it all sounds pretty good depending on the quality of the file. Is it possible for a song that's 320kbps to have bad recording/mixing or whatever? Also listening to some rock (AC/DC) and it sounds sooo good. I can hear all these small distinct details. It's pretty cool. The only problem is fidgeting with the basso to get it into a good position. I have to play a song to tell if I get it into a good position...haha. I'll definitely try out different tips. Hopefully I'll find one that fits well and gets me a good seal without having to mess around with the position of the earphones. Thanks for the help again. Seriously it helped a lot. I'm going to continue with your advice and only listen to the basso for the next week. I'll report back in a week 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back