Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jan 15, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #5,986 of 6,090
It's my first JVC. Dif sig but in the same price range. The JVC IMO is better all around. While the Tenore is good but not an end all.

What Raketen is politely trying to tell you is that you are using the wrong baseline for your comparisons. It is factually correct to state that the FXH30 has a faster driver. It is factually incorrect to call the Tenore's very linear treble rolled off because it's not as boosted as that of the V shaped FXH30.

Since the FXH30 is better for you, you obviously enjoy 15dbs boosts in the bass and treble area, but some of us actually don't like that kind of sound. And while it may be a fun sound signature, it's not an accurate one since it does not faithfully reproduce the recording.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #5,988 of 6,090
These have slowly coming back to become my daily driver, since i used SpinFit CP800 with the 360 Degree feature, the bass has improved very much imo.. 

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #5,991 of 6,090
Recabling shouldn't be too hard since you can open the housing pretty easily.

I wouldn't say pretty easily. You got to use pliers and you can really bend, damage or simply destroy the housing, it all depends on how the glue is and how hard it is to break through.

I tried to repair them like 5 months ago. I could disassemble the first headphone without much trouble. Nevertheless, the other one was stuck way harder and I ended up damaging the carbon cylinder, which turn it from awesome to ugly. Anyway, I opened both of them, replaced the cable, and SURPRISE!, it was not only the original plug broken (which is what I successfully repaired), but also the friggin' coil of one of them was broken too, so it was completely impossible to repair.

Been missing my Tenore's so, SO, SOOO much since then, and it was exactly at the time when the price of them turned from $40 to $90. About 2 weeks ago the price dropped again to a more reasonable $47. I'm still waiting for the price to drop to the original 40's and I'll buy them again.

Such a shame that these master pieces have such a crappy cable. I wouldn't mind cause I can repair the plug and cable, but if even the coils get broken...

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #5,992 of 6,090
  I wouldn't say pretty easily. You got to use pliers and you can really bend, damage or simply destroy the housing, it all depends on how the glue is and how hard it is to break through.

I tried to repair them like 5 months ago. I could disassemble the first headphone without much trouble. Nevertheless, the other one was stuck way harder and I ended up damaging the carbon cylinder, which turn it from awesome to ugly. Anyway, I opened both of them, replaced the cable, and SURPRISE!, it was not only the original plug broken (which is what I successfully repaired), but also the friggin' coil of one of them was broken too, so it was completely impossible to repair.

Been missing my Tenore's so, SO, SOOO much since then, and it was exactly at the time when the price of them turned from $40 to $90. About 2 weeks ago the price dropped again to a more reasonable $47. I'm still waiting for the price to drop to the original 40's and I'll buy them again.

Such a shame that these master pieces have such a crappy cable. I wouldn't mind cause I can repair the plug and cable, but if even the coils get broken...

Well, what do I know. I opened up two pairs as shown in this post and thought it was pretty easy. May have just been lucky though.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/665111/zero-audio-zh-dx200-carbo-tenore-zh-dx210-carbo-basso-carbon-aluminium-iem-thread/3750#post_10728024

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #5,993 of 6,090
Guys, I need QUICK advice.

Story time:
> Bought the ZH-DX210, because I liked the promise of good bass
> Wasn't disappointed. Great advice, Thank you all very much!
> Lost them yesterday
> Can buy Sennheiser In-Ear Momentum for about 75$
> Are the Sennheiser's better? Should I go for it while the offer still stands?
> Help

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #5,994 of 6,090

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ZERO-AUDIO-Inner-ear-stereo-headphone-Carbo-Tenore-ZH-DX200-CT-F-S-Japan-/252789456888

Pretty close to $40

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #5,995 of 6,090
Got the Tenores.  
I am flabbergasted.  Amazing.
These are $300 IEMs to me.  They meet or exceed all of the IEMs that I have heard, up to the $300 range.  These are much better than the 1more triple to me.   If you had told me that the Tenore only had one 1 driver in it, I would say you are lying.  I have no idea how or what Zero Audio is doing, but I'm done looking.  The sound quality to price ratio is just too ridiculous.
I had the RE-400 so I am one of the few people who will think the build quality of the Tenore is actually OK.  The wires aren't as thin as I had feared, and I'd say it's still the biggest worry but it's going to last longer than the RE-400.

Putting some wider bored tips on there, it opened the sound up even more.  Tips can really make a big difference, and I could tell that the underlying IEM was awesome, and the tips just tweak the sound.  I'm shocked at how good these are.
Soundstage, trebles, sparkles, deep bass that is crispy and not bloated, balanced, comfort is great b/c they are so tiny.  
If these could be recabled, I'd do it.

By the way, is there anything that Zero Audio makes that is more durable that sounds at least as good as the Tenores?

Thanks

Mar 12, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #5,996 of 6,090
Got the Tenores.  
I am flabbergasted.  Amazing.
These are $300 IEMs to me.  They meet or exceed all of the IEMs that I have heard, up to the $300 range.  These are much better than the 1more triple to me.   If you had told me that the Tenore only had one 1 driver in it, I would say you are lying.  I have no idea how or what Zero Audio is doing, but I'm done looking.  The sound quality to price ratio is just too ridiculous.
I had the RE-400 so I am one of the few people who will think the build quality of the Tenore is actually OK.  The wires aren't as thin as I had feared, and I'd say it's still the biggest worry but it's going to last longer than the RE-400.

Putting some wider bored tips on there, it opened the sound up even more.  Tips can really make a big difference, and I could tell that the underlying IEM was awesome, and the tips just tweak the sound.  I'm shocked at how good these are.
Soundstage, trebles, sparkles, deep bass that is crispy and not bloated, balanced, comfort is great b/c they are so tiny.  
If these could be recabled, I'd do it.

By the way, is there anything that Zero Audio makes that is more durable that sounds at least as good as the Tenores?

Thanks

Doppio is good. build quality is only a little more reassuring though (I didn't keep it long enough to find out), different sig than the Tenore, not like it's 3x better though. Haver read good things about the Duoza and Singolo as well. They also have some new models like the Mezzo but not many reports on those yet.

re: Recabling, a few posts above yours James mentioned it should be possible.

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #5,997 of 6,090
I bought last week the Carbo Mezzo - it is like a Tenore on Adrenaline.
Higher resolution and better seperation paired with stronger build quality.
The sigature is slightly v-shaped but also the typical house sound from Zero Audio.
It is IMHO a big step from the Tenore and maybe their best product currently.

Mar 12, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #5,998 of 6,090
I love my Carbo Tenore but I never use it because they always slide out of my ears.  I've tried a dozen tips and they don't help.  Is there maybe a ear stay or collar of some kind that can keep these secure?  I just use them in bed and lying still they will wiggle their way out of my ears.  It's really frustrating.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back