Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 4, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #5,956 of 6,090
  I'm not sure whether it's because of the stock ear tips or because the bores are quite short, but I find the sound to be quite... distant with the bassos, if that makes sense. When I'm listening to audio dramas I sometimes have to hold them in to hear the words properly. Wondering if that's just the way they sound or if I'm not getting a good fit, the ear tips certainly don't go as deep as my Sennheisers. Anyone tried spiral dots with these?

tried double flange with tenores last time if improves the fit.. but for me it reduces the bass.

Dec 4, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #5,958 of 6,090
i got a MEE Elec's double flange (actually i mistakenly bought triple flange and i cut off 1 level)... its quite cheap, from ebay.. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #5,959 of 6,090
I'm not sure whether it's because of the stock ear tips or because the bores are quite short, but I find the sound to be quite... distant with the bassos, if that makes sense. When I'm listening to audio dramas I sometimes have to hold them in to hear the words properly. Wondering if that's just the way they sound or if I'm not getting a good fit, the ear tips certainly don't go as deep as my Sennheisers. Anyone tried spiral dots with these?

Not used Basso but that sounds like you are not getting a good fit (either not sealing or the tip bore could be folding or nozzle/bore obstructed in your ear canal). Tried wearing them "up" (looping cable around ear)? Your Senneheiser tips won't fit on it? If nozzle is same size as Tenore, Spiral Dots should fit it.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #5,960 of 6,090
I tried swapping the basso and momentum ear tips, but unfortunately the bore of the Bassos is shorter so using the Momentum tips kills the bass. I think maybe the Basso tips are slightly too large (I'm using the smalls), because they sit quite shallowly in my ears and pushing them in results in mild pain.
Thanks for the tip re looping them over, that does seem to have helped some. Also the nozzles of the bassos are a bit wider than those of the momentums. Comply's website says their 200 series will fit, but those are so expensive haha and apparently not very durable.

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #5,962 of 6,090
I ususally prefer silicone tips, but depending on the user foam tips can be fairly long lasting if you keep them clean. I have a pair of Comply Comfort tips for my Rockets that I've been using daily at work for a little over 3 months now... but the Isolation tips I had before that only lasted about one month *shrug*. I've seen people complaining about them lasting even less though so hard to say if it's worth it or not.

Shure "Olives" seem to be more reliably durable but I'm not sure if they'd fit on this nozzle or not. There are also a number of cheaper foam tips, I can't vouch for personally but stuff like Bluecell on amazon etc...

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #5,963 of 6,090
i somehow got Spin Fit CP100 on a black friday sale previously, a pack (2 pairs) for around $5.50.. got 3 pack..
i used it with my Carbo Tenore and upon spending an hour or so with my Tenore+SpinFit.. i think the tip improves the bass and mid bass... more depth and punch-ness.. but that might be my brain adapting or etc though... 
but comparing SpinFit to my Auvio tip, i think more bass with SpinFit.. might be because of better fit due to the 360 Degree rotating technology.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #5,965 of 6,090
I am starting to think that the baton for bargain of the year has passed to the Tennmak Pro.  The cables are actually removable.

I still love the Carbo Tenores; and the cables have been fine.    But lately I am focused on the Pros for night time use; and day use is mainly the FLC8S and sometimes my LZ-A2 pair.

As they say in Mr. Robot; we live in exciting times.

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #5,966 of 6,090
  So it is a sime time after...how do you feel guys about these?

Anyone, who can compare the Tenore and Basso from personal experience?
Do these still suffer from broken cable issues?

I had both and greatly prefer the Tenore.  Basso bass was too strong and ruined the balance.

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #5,967 of 6,090
I have the DX210 and the audio keeps fading out to a very low level in the left ear (you almost can't hear anything out of it). It only happens in the left ear, the right one is completely fine. Anyone has an idea what's happening here ?

It's not a broken wire situation, the audio clearly and smoothly goes out in about 30 seconds when i use them. Waiting a few hours fixes the problem for 2 minutes where everything is fine, then the fading happens again.

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #5,968 of 6,090
I have the DX210 and the audio keeps fading out to a very low level in the left ear (you almost can't hear anything out of it). It only happens in the left ear, the right one is completely fine. Anyone has an idea what's happening here ?

It's not a broken wire situation, the audio clearly and smoothly goes out in about 30 seconds when i use them. Waiting a few hours fixes the problem for 2 minutes where everything is fine, then the fading happens again.

You may have tried these already but in case not, some suggestions to help narrow down the problem: Tried other headphones in same source? Tried another source? Tried switching ears? Tried gently moving wire going into earpice while wearing them? Tried gently moving headphone jack and wire into jack while plugged in? Does the fading occur with head movement? Tried using different tips?

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #5,969 of 6,090

Sounds like TTS (you can search this thread for it) to me, an issue that the Tenores are prone to. AFAIK you're the first to report this for a Basso, so it might or might not be the same problem.

Anyway, in case it's really TTS, here are the relevant posts:

AFAIK there are three possible issues:

- FR anomalies (most frequently: too much bass): as idsy says, due to variations in the driver's back vent damping. Major issue, needs invasive mod to fix.
- Cable sheath coming off at the strain relief: minor issue (imo, since cable itself isn't affected). Simply glue the sheath back on.
- TTS (sudden volume drop in one or both channels): likely due to moisture condensation. Replace the filter mesh with a small piece of cotton wool.

TTS doesn't necessarily happen due to sweat, it may also be caused just by humid air. If all else fails to bring the driver back to life, I recommend to take off the mesh, put a tiny ball of cotton swab into the nozzle and let it rest for few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back