Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Nov 3, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #5,926 of 6,090
  You really like them, huh?  (ducks)

yeah that's the tldr version essentially 
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #5,929 of 6,090
I have the Xiaomi Piston 3.0 which I use with my HTC one m8 and love them. If I buy the Tenore, will it be a proper upgrade?

Cheers

i had Piston 2 and also bought Mi In Ear Earphones (dunno whether this is Piston 3 or not)..
imo Tenore trumped them.. It has the aggresiveness of the piston but also smooth sounding.. not too bright not too warm either but just nice.. but thats my ear, you might have a different sound sig preferrence.. i had since sold my piston 2 and gave away the Mi In Ear Earphone..

but i might need to add that there are others cheaper budget iem that can be better or at the same level with tenores in the chinese market such as Musicmaker TK Maple.. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #5,930 of 6,090
I have the Xiaomi Piston 3.0 which I use with my HTC one m8 and love them. If I buy the Tenore, will it be a proper upgrade?

Cheers

I bet it is ! At least from a more natural sounding perspective... A good DAP would be an upgrade as well from any phone...

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #5,931 of 6,090

i had Piston 2 and also bought Mi In Ear Earphones (dunno whether this is Piston 3 or not)..
imo Tenore trumped them.. It has the aggresiveness of the piston but also smooth sounding.. not too bright not too warm either but just nice.. but thats my ear, you might have a different sound sig preferrence.. i had since sold my piston 2 and gave away the Mi In Ear Earphone..

but i might need to add that there are others cheaper budget iem that can be better or at the same level with tenores in the chinese market such as Musicmaker TK Maple.. 

Thanks for the suggestion. :) Where is the cheapest but reliable place to order them?

I bet it is ! At least from a more natural sounding perspective... A good DAP would be an upgrade as well from any phone...

Great. I´ve been thinking about upgrading to the HTC 10 and if that´s the case I wont be needing any dedicated DAP :wink:

Cheers

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #5,932 of 6,090
I doubt any phone (even HTC) can compete with a decent DAP in the $300-400$ range or even cheaper device like X3II.
You should give it a try

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #5,933 of 6,090
  I doubt any phone (even HTC) can compete with a decent DAP in the $300-400$ range or even cheaper device like X3II.
You should give it a try

That's not what every proper review (Anadtech, Android Central, etc) and every user on this thread are stating http://www.head-fi.org/t/807570/review-on-htc-10-and-sound-quality-aqstic-dedicated-integrated-dac
And I don't really want to carry another device when I always carry my smartphone. But thanks for the suggestion :wink:

Cheers

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #5,935 of 6,090
  Thanks for the suggestion. :) Where is the cheapest but reliable place to order them?

Great. I´ve been thinking about upgrading to the HTC 10 and if that´s the case I wont be needing any dedicated DAP :wink:

Cheers

You can order them from Aliexpress.. 

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #5,937 of 6,090
  Yeah but there's usually  lot of fake products on aliexpress. Can you please point me a trusted seller? 

i normally only buy from seller rating 98% above only.. previously i buy from HCK / NiceHCK and another not to be mentioned shop (banned from headfi). i suggest you browse NiceHCK shop..or search MusicMaker in earphones departments.. i dont think there is a fake MusicMaker though..

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #5,939 of 6,090
  How is the durability of the zeros?

There is anyone with more than a year with these?

Not that good, at least in my case. I've bought 2 units in 1 year. They stole my first one while I was in the bus. Nevertheless, they already were starting to rip apart in the plug connector. The second ones got broken in the plug connector too, but I repaired that, and then they got broken inside the headphone itself (the speaker I believe, fatal, no solution at all).

Nonetheless, even after all of this, I'd buy them again, indeed I'm waiting for the price to lower a little bit, and buy them again. The sound is so good I can't find anything close at all, at least if I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars.

So, the plug connector is poorly made, it will get broken after 2-3 months. ZERO AUDIO should really work on that. I've also read here that there are users that claim their Tenores have lasted more than 3 years.

Nov 27, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #5,940 of 6,090
How is the durability of the zeros?

There is anyone with more than a year with these?

i own 1 for abt 8 mths now.. but i seldom uses them so they r still in great condition, having said that the cable, plug n connection to phone area do look fragile, but these are not designed for exrreme usage such at the gym etc i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back