Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 29, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #4,486 of 6,090
  I'm trying to decide between these and the Soundmagic E10. 

Considering the DX210 are 49 Euro and the E10s are 39, which one would you recommend? What are the differences between them?

(Great thread, by the way!)

I've listened to friend's E10. I have DX200 (Tenore) and I'd pick Tenore over E10 any day.
Enjoy.

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #4,487 of 6,090
Thanks for the prompt reply! 

But now you got me wondering. I was planning on buying the Basso version, fearing that the Tenores won't have enough bass. How I wish I had the opportunity to listen to both of them so I can decide..

Maybe you can help me with a relative comparison to the Apple Earpods ( My sister has a pair of those and as I have no other earphones at the moment, I listen to them). 
(I know, the earpods are bad)

Do the Tenores have more bass than the Earpods? Are the Tenores better than the Bassos if I like to listen to electronic music? (take this song for example; will it sound good on the Tenores?)

I also listen quite a lot of music that is not bass-heavy (jazz and stuff).

Please give me some insight.

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #4,488 of 6,090
Thanks for the prompt reply! 

But now you got me wondering. I was planning on buying the Basso version, fearing that the Tenores won't have enough bass. How I wish I had the opportunity to listen to both of them so I can decide..

Maybe you can help me with a relative comparison to the Apple Earpods ( My sister has a pair of those and as I have no other earphones at the moment, I listen to them). 
(I know, the earpods are bad)

Do the Tenores have more bass than the Earpods? Are the Tenores better than the Bassos if I like to listen to electronic music? (take this song for example; will it sound good on the Tenores?)

I also listen quite a lot of music that is not bass-heavy (jazz and stuff).

Please give me some insight.
ohho I think I can provide you some insight on exactly what you need. I am also a BIG fan of electronic music, and I won't lie to you, Tenores are not the best for EDM. They have very good bass and sub bass which is really organic and real. They reproduce sound of acoustic instruments shockingly close to real. But they are slightly humble at producing electronic sounds.

Bassos would be a really good choice. Their tuning is very similar to Tenors and as all know they pack more punch at lower end. They are much better for electronic music and I'd definitely recommend.

Also a word of advice, my tenores took good 40hrs at least to show their true sub bass. They need burn in. I guess that would apply in case of bassos as well. Bass will improve dramatically over time. And use Sony Hybrid tips, or other small bore tips. Stock are nice ones as well.

Earpods? Yeah I've listened to them and they dont come close to ZA products haha..

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #4,489 of 6,090
@EISENbricher, I ordered Basso a few days ago partly because of your obvious profound love you have with its little brother Tenore, but now after looking at your signature, I am not sure if I made the right choice since our taste seems to differ so widely. You put Havi, my favorite IEM, almost at the bottom of your list. Why? O why??

Just kidding.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #4,490 of 6,090
@EISENbricher
, I ordered Basso a few days ago partly because of your obvious profound love you have with its little brother Tenore, but now after looking at your signature, I am not sure if I made the right choice since our taste seems to differ so widely. You put Havi, my favorite IEM, almost at the bottom of your list. Why? O why??

Just kidding.

Hahaha don't worry you wouldn't get disappointed by a bit. It's just that I haven't spent much time with havis. Maybe I'll love them too.... Currently I own 3 new pairs. Tenores, Havi and TTPOD. I am confused myself and can't dedicate equal time to all, since I'm a person who rather dedicates all time to one at a time. Probably I'll switch to different pair after a month.

Tenores produce sweet, lovely, intimate and smooth sound. No way someone can hate these :D

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #4,491 of 6,090
Wait lol I just noticed that 'Just Kidding' :frowning2:
Why rotant why :deadhorse:

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #4,492 of 6,090
Man oh man, my Monster Turbines took a crap....might look at these right now...

Listen to almost everything, but majority is hip hop and EDM...

Looking at the Basso's for the bass. The only thing I'm concerned about is longevity...my Monster Turbines on command failed after 4-8 months, but I was able to continually warrenty them and have a new pair.....I used to be fine with this, but now its becoming a pain to not have headphones for a while....so I was wondering if I go with the basso's should I be fine? Any issues with the basso's?

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #4,493 of 6,090

Looking at the Basso's for the bass. The only thing I'm concerned about is longevity...my Monster Turbines on command failed after 4-8 months, but I was able to continually warrenty them and have a new pair.....I used to be fine with this, but now its becoming a pain to not have headphones for a while....so I was wondering if I go with the basso's should I be fine? Any issues with the basso's?

The only issue with the basso and tenore is the cable. They are pretty thin although the material seems good.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #4,494 of 6,090

You may also want to consider TTPOD T1E. Those are built like a tank and really good for EDM.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #4,496 of 6,090
  I've already bought the basso's...

Lets see how good they are. My expectations are high :)

No worries I guess bassos would also do justice to EDM. I don't have the bassos but it's my guess :wink:

Dec 31, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #4,497 of 6,090
I made new thread for all the product of Zero Audio to integrate information and impression.

Come and have some fun!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/748349/zero-audio-impression-and-information-thread-dx200-dx210-bx700-bx510-bx500-bx300-dwx10

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #4,499 of 6,090
  Hey guys, just wondering. Does this IEM (tenore) suit for classical (like Kenny G and other instrument song) ,pop and oldies song?? Is there any QC issue on the tenore?

Tenores absolutely are fantastic for Classical and Instrumentals. Among all the earphones I own the Tenores have best timbre. Strings' pluck, drum's thump, sax's blow all seems real and added to this tenores have amazing imaging.

QC isn't a term I'd like to associate with Tenores. QC is a case when you receive a defective pair. Be almost assured that you'll receive a good pair of Tenores. Issue here is just that they are really fragile and hence you need to babysit these.

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #4,500 of 6,090

Users who are viewing this thread

Back