Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 15, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #4,456 of 6,090
I was fortunate to have them all. For rock, tenores will be clearer. though I prefer the gratitudes for its deeper bass, better mids, clearer sound, and mic. Midds are important for rock (at least I think so).

I am curious about the ttpod 1e...

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #4,458 of 6,090
  Most people preferred the Tenore over the Bassos earlier in this thread. First time I see someone rating the mids on the Bassos over the Tenore too.

Additionally, apparently Bassos have similar bass signature like tenore (Tight , well extended) but in more quantity that might appeal better to some people.

I was fortunate to have them all. For rock, tenores will be clearer. though I prefer the gratitudes for its deeper bass, better mids, clearer sound, and mic. Midds are important for rock (at least I think so).

I am curious about the ttpod 1e...

TTPOD T1E.....
Well still not enough burn in on my T1Es. Still struggling to find better tips/fit (they are known for the fitting issues because of shallower reach into ear). I won't be able to judge it fairly till I get these issues sorted out.

Though I should admit that mid frequencies are kinda weak... I was fiddling with poweramp eq and noticed that 2k~4k knobs affected the sound much less compared to the other. This has also been reported by other people. Let's see what happens after some time.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #4,459 of 6,090
Just got the Basso and wow the low end on this really pounds, very solid bass. 

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #4,461 of 6,090
It's my new favorite for iem under $100. The fact that it shares the same mid and high freq as the carbo tenore, but with boost in the low end, making it very fun iem to listen with. I am waiting for my 1964 V8 to compare the bass.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #4,462 of 6,090
It's my new favorite for iem under $100. The fact that it shares the same mid and high freq as the carbo tenore, but with boost in the low end, making it very fun iem to listen with. I am waiting for my 1964 V8 to compare the bass.

Aww great for you, people complained about the boomy bass and lack of details, but you seem fine with it, so it good that it worked out.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #4,463 of 6,090
I don't think it lacks detail because I compared it with the tenore. The details are all there, but people focus more on the bass. The boosted bass adds body to the sound. I enjoy both the tenore and basso.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #4,465 of 6,090
I don't know how the mh1c sounds like, but both the tenore and basso sound really good for its price. Another brand that rival them is Ostry kc06 and kc06a.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #4,466 of 6,090
I don't know how the mh1c sounds like, but both the tenore and basso sound really good for its price. Another brand that rival them is Ostry kc06 and kc06a.

Mh1 sound like Tenore with 5 times more bass both in sub and mid area and even smoother treble, with lusher sounding mids and body.

I hate my Ostry KC06A. I think they sound horrible especially the sound-stage is really subpar.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #4,467 of 6,090
Then you better go 1964 Universal V6S. :)

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #4,468 of 6,090
Then you better go 1964 Universal V6S.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ehh I am staying away from high priced analytic sounding phones these days. I had some higher priced phones in the past and they either broke or sounded too boring to me. 

I would need to audition each of them in order to reduce the risk, but I don't know where to do that here in Germany.

Too much trouble with these :p

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #4,469 of 6,090
My Zero Audio Carbo Doppio just came in the mail and I am listening with it right now. Haven't heard much about this model even in this forum. 
The Doppio:
1. very detailed, very neutral
2. sound signature is similar with tenore
3. the bass is very tight and punchy (typical BA bass). This IEM by no means bass light, the bass will be there when the song calls for it.
4. amazing soundstage
5. build quality is top notch

I also just got my 1964 V8, so I have 3 new IEMs this month alone. The V8 and Doppio is like night and day different, but I have no problem switching between the two. 

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #4,470 of 6,090
  My Zero Audio Carbo Doppio just came in the mail and I am listening with it right now. Haven't heard much about this model even in this forum. 
The Doppio:
1. very detailed, very neutral
2. sound signature is similar with tenore
3. the bass is very tight and punchy (typical BA bass). This IEM by no means bass light, the bass will be there when the song calls for it.
4. amazing soundstage
5. build quality is top notch

I also just got my 1964 V8, so I have 3 new IEMs this month alone. The V8 and Doppio is like night and day different, but I have no problem switching between the two. 

Thanks for review!

I really waited a review like yours!

One step closer to order. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back