Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Sep 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #4,263 of 6,090
I had both the Tenore's and the Basso's.  They couldn't take a lot of power. Even though they say 150 and 200 mW on each.  I have been reading a lot about the TTPOD E1.  I just ordered a pair.  Also the Vsonic VSD's are really nice.

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #4,264 of 6,090
  i think tenore has better instrument separation, bassos put too much emphasis on lower end for me. tenore sounds more balance and amazing realism. I just love and enjoy the overall sound produced by tenore.

Lexus91, do you have both?
I have a vsd3s and ATH IM50. I enjoy more the IM50 sound sig and instrument separation better, but its not comfortable to sleep and has a bad isolation.
Do you think Tenore is a better option for me? Maybe something else? My budget goes lower to $100.00.

About those cable problems, the best workarround is still to use superglue on it?

Amazon is the best place to buy?

Thank you for the input!

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #4,265 of 6,090
Man oh man, after reading this thread and being afraid of getting a pair of Tenores and them breaking soon after, I was very undecided on whether or not to pick them up. But I went to an electronics store that I thought might have them. Unfortunately they only had the Bassos out to try, but I was just blown away by the sound. I listened to some Elliott Smith, Andrew Bird, and Radiohead, and some other random stuff, and everything sounded amazing. I could pick out things in the background I could never hear before. Usually when I try out headphones I skip around to a couple different tracks by different artists, only listening to maybe 30-40 seconds of each, but I just got so into the music that I listened to a bunch of complete tracks. It was like I was listening to these songs for the first time. Really, amazing IEMs. The bass was a little much for me, but I was still impressed by how the it didn't cover up the other sounds, like it does with my SHE3590s, instead it supports the mids. Really, they sounded amazing. I still want to try the Tenores but now I've decided, I need this sound in my life. I don't care about the risks, I need 'em!

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #4,266 of 6,090
Here's a easy, reversible mod that Tenore owners should try (maybe it was already mentioned):

Just wrap a couple layers of tape around the housing. Don't cover the vent.

To me, the Tenore sounds a bit cleaner, especially in the bass that way. I assume the tape dampens some of the vibration of the housing.

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #4,268 of 6,090
Just broke my tenores. Any suggestion on what I should get as a replacement? Will the sound signature VSD3/5 be similar to the tenores? Thanks in advance:)

I'd like to hear the answer to this too. How about those ZH-BX500s? They look to be a bit more sturdy than the Tenores.

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #4,269 of 6,090

Lexus91, do you have both?
I have a vsd3s and ATH IM50. I enjoy more the IM50 sound sig and instrument separation better, but its not comfortable to sleep and has a bad isolation.
Do you think Tenore is a better option for me? Maybe something else? My budget goes lower to $100.00.

About those cable problems, the best workarround is still to use superglue on it?

Amazon is the best place to buy?

Thank you for the input!

I don't think the tenores are comfortable for sleeping.. Nope I don't but i tried both before buying them. And I can't stand Bassos bass during the try outs. on the other hands I loved how the tenores sounds. For me the bassos lower ends distrupts the whole dynamics when I listen to songs. 

I listened to IM50 a few times. Honestly It's hard to decide between IM50 and tenores. I like the tenores more, but I have two friends that prefer the IM50 over the tenore. for sub $100 i think its hard to decide between both of them. it depends on your preference. for me the natural tonality and amazing details combined with the vocals made me fall in love with the tenore. 

What lacking about the tenore for me is the high, its lacking body especially the cymbal sounds hollow for me. lack of weight in the high frequency department.

I never experience any cable problem, I've been using tenore for around 4-5 months. pretty much abuse it don't even use any protective case to carry them.

I buy them in local stores for around $60 ish in my country.

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #4,271 of 6,090
I'd like to hear the answer to this too. How about those ZH-BX500s? They look to be a bit more sturdy than the Tenores.

It looks like the ZH-BX500s are older and don't sound as good.

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #4,272 of 6,090
I decided to purchase the ZH-DX200 Tenores tonight and waiting for them to arrive.

I am sort of concerned over quality issues and noticed that the Shure SE112 is the same price (with 2 year warranty and case).

For those of you who have listened to both, how do they compare?

How about the step up Shure SE-215's?

Sep 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #4,273 of 6,090
I'm at a Bic Camera in Tokyo and they have both the Tenores and Bassos to try. It's hard to judge the Tenores since they seem to be suffering from TTS(sp?) and the right earphone is a lower volume. Attempting to ignore that, I think I like the sound of the Bassos more. They have a big soundstage and it almost feels like I'm at a live show. But yeah, the bass is a little much at times. Acoustic guitars sound great though.

Edit: I bought the Bassos. It might have just been the Tenores they had out, but the treble was just too much on some songs, enough to hurt my ears. Also them suffering from TTS scared me a bit. Yeah, the Bassos are bassy but I didn't find that to color the mids. Btw there's no TBS, correct? Either way, these come with a 1 year warranty so hopefully I'll be safe.

Sep 26, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #4,274 of 6,090
I'm at a Bic Camera in Tokyo and they have both the Tenores and Bassos to try. It's hard to judge the Tenores since they seem to be suffering from TTS(sp?) and the right earphone is a lower volume. Attempting to ignore that, I think I like the sound of the Bassos more. They have a big soundstage and it almost feels like I'm at a live show. But yeah, the bass is a little much at times. Acoustic guitars sound great though.

Edit: I bought the Bassos. It might have just been the Tenores they had out, but the treble was just too much on some songs, enough to hurt my ears. Also them suffering from TTS scared me a bit. Yeah, the Bassos are bassy but I didn't find that to color the mids. Btw there's no TBS, correct? Either way, these come with a 1 year warranty so hopefully I'll be safe.

Noooooooo... What have you done!?

Nah get what makes you happy. But, those bass light Tenores with extra treble seem to be on the rarer side. Any pair you would've bought would have likely fallen on the opposite side of the spectrum with a little more bass than neutral.

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #4,275 of 6,090
Noooooooo... What have you done!?

Nah get what makes you happy. But, those bass light Tenores with extra treble seem to be on the rarer side. Any pair you would've bought would have likely fallen on the opposite side of the spectrum with a little more bass than neutral.

Haha, you're making me doubt my decision! I'll keep my eyes open for more Tenores to try at other stores. They're less than $35 here so I wouldn't mind getting one of each.

I'm blown away by the lack of microphonics on these. I've never owned a pair of IEMs without it. Also, now that I've been wearing the Bassos while walking around for a bit, they really are bassy, lol. Still, I like 'em :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back