Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 18, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #1,591 of 6,090
Very intrigued to see what differences they have, however subtle they may be.

Tenores are very different from the bassos. Bassos have... more bass lol. Vocals are quite noticeably darker as well. They're not bad phones, but not at all reference quality like the Tenores.

May 18, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #1,592 of 6,090

Yeah, same on the er4s. Can't stand the sub bass. It's like it makes it a bass trap or something.

For absolutely incredible bass, check out the latest BT album A Song Across Wires.

Wow. There is some insane sub bass these puppies can produce. I literally thought I had the fit wrong or something. I listened to some jazz, which sounded "perfect" and then some other stuff that also sounds very balanced. Then I put on the BT album, which some songs have nice balanced sections, but then at parts the sub bass kicked in and i was like "what the $%#$%?" It's like having a 15" subwoofer in your ear. Amazing the songs still sound balanced, but with a tremendous bass foundation, which makes sense for the genre. Just shows that they have the chops when the song demands it, but it never interferes with music that doesn't demand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M_XETcoHE4

Crank that up. It starts nice and tight, and then at 1:00 the sub bass is very very deep. Not too loud mind you, but deep. It's a bit more apparent on the CD, but the youtube isn't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1KSeOqrc4

And this is my favorite. Deeeeeeum!  At 0:24 the bass and kick drum are amazing. Tight, sub bassy, and uber good sounding. And you still hear all the nice muffled keyboards and high pitched ping pong sounds....

This is where these tromp the er4s. The er4s has nice bass, but it can't produce the subwoofer quality extension and thwamp when needed. EQ improves the er4s, but this is just superb with no eq at all.

<3 those two songs - great to hear Tenores do well with trance/edm music
Skylarking is my fav song

May 18, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #1,593 of 6,090
Guys can we get some posts of your favorite song on the Tenores? Give me some guilty pleasures. I've gone through all my test tracks and it seems like there's no limit to what can sound great on these things.

May 18, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #1,594 of 6,090
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9DaLN0AH32s&feature=kp

May 18, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #1,595 of 6,090

Yeah, same on the er4s. Can't stand the sub bass. It's like it makes it a bass trap or something.

For absolutely incredible bass, check out the latest BT album A Song Across Wires.

Wow. There is some insane sub bass these puppies can produce. I literally thought I had the fit wrong or something. I listened to some jazz, which sounded "perfect" and then some other stuff that also sounds very balanced. Then I put on the BT album, which some songs have nice balanced sections, but then at parts the sub bass kicked in and i was like "what the $%#$%?" It's like having a 15" subwoofer in your ear. Amazing the songs still sound balanced, but with a tremendous bass foundation, which makes sense for the genre. Just shows that they have the chops when the song demands it, but it never interferes with music that doesn't demand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M_XETcoHE4

Crank that up. It starts nice and tight, and then at 1:00 the sub bass is very very deep. Not too loud mind you, but deep. It's a bit more apparent on the CD, but the youtube isn't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1KSeOqrc4

And this is my favorite. Deeeeeeum!  At 0:24 the bass and kick drum are amazing. Tight, sub bassy, and uber good sounding. And you still hear all the nice muffled keyboards and high pitched ping pong sounds....

This is where these tromp the er4s. The er4s has nice bass, but it can't produce the subwoofer quality extension and thwamp when needed. EQ improves the er4s, but this is just superb with no eq at all.

<3 those two songs - great to hear Tenores do well with trance/edm music
Skylarking is my fav song

Yes! I love that track. And it sounds great! The part that breaks down to the relaxing keyboard with a lot of reverb mmmmmmm so good.

Guys can we get some posts of your favorite song on the Tenores? Give me some guilty pleasures. I've gone through all my test tracks and it seems like there's no limit to what can sound great on these things.

I was going to make a list, but I didn't want to overload the thread :wink: I listen to pretty much every genre, so I'd have a big list. ha

May 18, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #1,596 of 6,090
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9DaLN0AH32s&feature=kp

OMG, I thought it was a serious rap song (well, as serious as the name anyway). When the white guy in a vest and glasses started singing, I almost died laughing.

This is a test track if I ever saw one. It oozes (carefully chosen word) quality... from the awesome vest to the highly polished wide lensed glasses. Ooooh yeah. :p

If anyone is interested I'd be glad to make a list of all my favorite test tracks with quick notes as to why I pick them.

May 18, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #1,597 of 6,090
OMG, I thought it was a serious rap song (well, as serious as the name anyway). When the white guy in a vest and glasses started singing, I almost died laughing.

This is a test track if I ever saw one. It oozes (carefully chosen word) quality... from the awesome vest to the highly polished wide lensed glasses. Ooooh yeah. :p

If anyone is interested I'd be glad to make a list of all my favorite test tracks with quick notes as to why I pick them.

Slick Mahoney is more fly than Prince.

Kidding aside, that song is catchy as hell

May 18, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #1,598 of 6,090

Slick Mahoney is more fly than Prince.

Kidding aside, that song is catchy as hell

Yeah, the part about inseminati... well you know... that was pretty funny...

May 19, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #1,601 of 6,090
May 19, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #1,604 of 6,090
I cannot get over how perfect the bass on these headphones sound. I have gone through 5 pairs of full size headphones searching for something and I havent liked any of them that much, but this little iem is preferable to all of them. I think im going to skip the full size and just use these at home. Over the ear I dont even feel them, and I get no headband/earpad pressure or ear sweat from these. The bass goes so low and hits hard without bleeding into the other frequencies at all, it surprises me every time. It's addicting. If the basso has even more bass i would imagine they sound downright bass heavy. I use comply s200 tips, (the active one). I can't really tell if they sound different, well they do to me but thats because I couldnt get a good seal with the stock silicones so they sounded too bright and thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back