Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 18, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #1,561 of 6,090
Glad to see a lot of people jumping on the hype train. Could this be the first time the hype train reaches a destination? The GR07 and ER4S got some of us there, to that blissful Kingdom of Audio Nirvana, but the Tenore seems to be picking up everyone and their mother. Will we all arrive together in the Land of High Fidelity?

This could be the long awaited bridge between neutralists and bassheads, objectivists and subjectivists, man and machine... the glitch in the Matrix lol. Time will tell.

I have been searching all over for that sound sig. The ck10s were it for me in sound and fit, but the cable crapped out on me twice. Then the re400 had it in spades, but the cable was crap as well. Hifiman continues to shoot themselves on the foot in that regard. I will have to decide between the tenores and the upcoming rockets. Can't wait to compare the two.

May 18, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #1,562 of 6,090
Glad to see a lot of people jumping on the hype train. Could this be the first time the hype train reaches a destination? The GR07 and ER4S got some of us there, to that blissful Kingdom of Audio Nirvana, but the Tenore seems to be picking up everyone and their mother. Will we all arrive together in the Land of High Fidelity?

This could be the long awaited bridge between neutralists and bassheads, objectivists and subjectivists, man and machine... the glitch in the Matrix lol. Time will tell.

Yes. Yes it is. Bassheads and neutralists unite! 

Are the folks who are purchasing these in the last week rolling the dice on having any warranty?

My understanding was that those who are ordering them from Japan are taking a chance because the sellers only cover units sold in Japan. 

I know what you mean, but it doesn't really bother me personally. For $58 it's less than 1/8 the cost of some iems to replace, and I bought 4 total. :) So I have three backups for less than the price of ONE er4s. That there is some messed up math figures. :p

I'm starting to think I should have bought more than 4! hahahahaha What if they really go out of production. How long with 4 last me? 20 years? That might not be long enough! look at the er4s, they are still going strong 20 years later quality-wise! bah!

May 18, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #1,564 of 6,090
  Was gonna buy the Tenores from a seller on eBay to be shipped to the UK but then it says if anything happens to the product after 7 days, you get no replacement or anything..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251515463227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This guy doesn't offer returns, but seems reasonable (I've talked with him). However, that product page offers a warranty option. Not really familiar with it. Perhaps it's an ebay thing?

May 18, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #1,565 of 6,090

I know what you mean, but it doesn't really bother me personally. For $58 it's less than 1/8 the cost of some iems to replace, and I bought 4 total. :) So I have three backups for less than the price of ONE er4s. That there is some messed up math figures. :p

I'm starting to think I should have bought more than 4! hahahahaha What if they really go out of production. How long with 4 last me? 20 years? That might not be long enough! look at the er4s, they are still going strong 20 years later quality-wise! bah!

We should petition Zero Audio to put them back in production as they are indeed discontinued in favor of the lesser BAs.

May 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #1,566 of 6,090

We should petition Zero Audio to put them back in production as they are indeed discontinued in favor of the lesser BAs.

Are you serious???? These aren't made any more???? We should petition them to not only release them again, but bring them to the US. :p Thank goodness I bought 4. haha

May 18, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #1,567 of 6,090
Another incredible orchestral song. Turn it up to a real life volume and it almost sounds like you're in the auditorium:

http://grooveshark.com/s/Canceled+Leave/3j8VUQ?src=5

And here's another track I use as reference. The bongos and things sound awesome. My favorite part is the coalescence of instruments at 3:04 after the dynamic dropout section at 2:52. So awesome.

http://grooveshark.com/s/Freedom+At+Midnight/2p3Jvr?src=5

May 18, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #1,568 of 6,090
Hi guys! I'm still using the PFE112 with my new X5 and I find them lacking bass. How do the tenores compare to the PFEs paired with the X5? Will I get more bass with the tenores? Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!

May 18, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #1,569 of 6,090
  Hi guys! I'm still using the PFE112 with my new X5 and I find them lacking bass. How do the tenores compare to the PFEs paired with the X5? Will I get more bass with the tenores? Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!

PFE112 was one of my favorites (still is). The tenore is like a pfe112 that had the treble opened up and the sub bass kicked into gear. It's not going to be a basshead level of bass all around, but in terms of bass, the tenore is better and a bit more, but where it excels is the "capability" of bass. The pfe112 only goes so far, even with eq, before it sounds strained and the sub bass is just pfft pfft to some extent. The tenores slam the hell out of sub bass if needed, relatively speaking. I look at them as doing everything the pfe112 did for me and then a lot more.

OMG I'm going to get shot for even posting this, but here's a great example.

http://grooveshark.com/s/Take+You/6KOMa4?src=5

On the pfe you can use as much eq as you want at any frequency, and that sub bass never hits very hard. On the tenores, turn it up good and that is SUB BASS at 0:07. It's his only good song people!!! :p haha But seriously, I use it as a sub bass "impact" test with earphones.

May 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #1,570 of 6,090
PFE112 was one of my favorites (still is). The tenore is like a pfe112 that had the treble opened up and the sub bass kicked into gear. It's not going to be a basshead level of bass all around, but in terms of bass, the tenore is better and a bit more, but where it excels is the "capability" of bass. The pfe112 only goes so far, even with eq, before it sounds strained and the sub bass is just pfft pfft to some extent. The tenores slam the hell out of sub bass if needed, relatively speaking. I look at them as doing everything the pfe112 did for me and then a lot more.

On the pfe you can use as much eq as you want at any frequency, and that sub bass never hits very hard. On the tenores, turn it up good and that is SUB BASS at 0:07. It's his only good song people!!! :p haha But seriously, I use it as a sub bass "impact" test with earphones.

I am now a Belieber.

May 18, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #1,571 of 6,090

Thanks so much, I was really looking forward to read a reply from you after reading your comparison. I'm jumping on the train, can you please suggest the place to find them cheapest? Being a student sucks..thanks :)

May 18, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #1,572 of 6,090
Thank me later you hype noob mofos. : P

The semi dumb design of their cable/ strain relief similar to those Ortofon EQ5

This was one of the main reasons why i never wanted these zero audiso despite they seem to sound great besides the CRAZY DRIVER FLEX on the bassos i had in for audition.

There is an ingenious way to get around the stupid design......

Cuz those Ortofon EQ5 is designed the same lamo way but looky here:

From this....

.... here is a better side view of how MUCH (cable/ housing) they stick out. LoL
triportsad.gif

to......

THIS!!! Just use a small lil' rubber band/ ring. NICE!!!
cool.gif

... problem SOLVED!!! For those that are not a fan of how the cables sticks out/ looks like. :)

May 18, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #1,573 of 6,090

I am now a Belieber.

Bwahaha. In the tenores that is :wink:

May 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,574 of 6,090
  Thank me later you hype noob mofos. : P

The semi dumb design of their cable/ strain relief similar to those Ortofon EQ5

This was one of the main reasons why i never wanted these zero audiso despite they seem to sound great besides the CRAZY DRIVER FLEX on the bassos i had in for audition.

There is an ingenious way to get around the stupid design......

Cuz those Ortofon EQ5 is designed the same lamo way but looky here:

From this....

.... here is a better side view of how MUCH (cable/ housing) they stick out. LoL
triportsad.gif

to......

THIS!!! Just use a small lil' rubber band/ ring. NICE!!!
cool.gif

... problem SOLVED!!! For those that are not a fan of how the cables sticks out/ looks like. :)

I wore them over ear on the first listen. I wear every earphone over ear now, even if they aren't designed that way. ha. It keeps the cable out of the way, reduces cable noise and is more comfortable for me. I even wear my etymotic over ear sometimes. Figure that out! :wink: And i have the "old" style cable with no mods. :p That rubber band is genius though.

Here is my tenore over ear situation stock.

Is that high res or what? :p

May 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #1,575 of 6,090

Thanks so much, I was really looking forward to read a reply from you after reading your comparison. I'm jumping on the train, can you please suggest the place to find them cheapest? Being a student sucks..thanks :)

I recommend this guy, only because my pair arrived in good order: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251515463227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

But they're from japan almost everywhere you get them, so you're looking at long shipping times, no warranty, etc. But I'd bite the bullet and grab them anywhere that is a reputable seller. This guy had decent ratings so I went with him. I don't know him or anything. I'd go with anyone that has very high ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back