Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 5, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #4,413 of 6,090
Dec 6, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #4,414 of 6,090
mmmm... My Tenores are finally here 
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
 I was scared because the seller shipped this one with no tracking number and he also forgot to put my contact number (I had put my office address, where the postman is not allowed. They contact us using phone number whenever there is a delivery.). Fortunately I managed to contact the postman who is assigned to my area and told him in advance about my delivery. 

--- Out of the box impressions ---

SQ:
I'd say I can't be more happy :)  Out of the box they sound better than my other pairs (See my signature) in most aspects. (Only XB90EX's sub-bass beats this one) but overall I'm digging tenores. I'm curious to see how better these would get after mechanical and brain burn in.
Sound is tight and crisp. I can now distinguish between the notes better than before. Sorry for not so technical terms because I'm new to these (Soundstage, depth, separation, flex, etc).

Build:
I'm worried, a lot. These babies are so, so tiny! My XB90EX look like troll monsters in front of these. I need to use these very carefully. Otherwise I see trouble coming soon. Especially the wire-earpiece joint looks like the most fragile spot.

I'm loving the looks though. I didn't expect so punchy sound from such small dimension.

Comfort and Fit:
Out of the box with installed medium sized stock ear tips seems like ideal for me. Very good seal and they sit comfortably in my ears. No fatiguing at all, and also I don't think these will fall out easily.

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #4,415 of 6,090
Yeah the build looks a little bit concerned for the cables entering the housing. 

BTW, I would like to trade my Tenore with two pairs of OEM earpods if anyone is interested. I use earpods when shooting hoops, and can't do it with the Tenore. 

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #4,416 of 6,090
The cable concerns are really what's keeping me from getting a pair of Bassos. :frowning2: I don't think it's worth it for me to spend $50 on pair and be terribly sad/angry when they break when I have a $15 pair of SHE3590s that I wouldn't really be distraught over if they were to break and they still give me decent sound. Sigh, I really want the Bassos though, I feel like they'd be perfect for my ears.

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #4,417 of 6,090
The cable concerns are really what's keeping me from getting a pair of Bassos. :frowning2: I don't think it's worth it for me to spend $50 on pair and be terribly sad/angry when they break when I have a $15 pair of SHE3590s that I could care less about that still give me passable sound. Sigh, I really want the Bassos though, I feel like they'd be perfect for my ears.

Make your ears really happy and get the fidue a71's. Seriously.

Dec 7, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #4,418 of 6,090
The cable concerns are really what's keeping me from getting a pair of Bassos. :frowning2: I don't think it's worth it for me to spend $50 on pair and be terribly sad/angry when they break when I have a $15 pair of SHE3590s that I could care less about that still give me passable sound. Sigh, I really want the Bassos though, I feel like they'd be perfect for my ears.
Oh yeah got she3590s yesterday out of curiosity (retails for $7 here) and they sound MUCH better for price. Hype is real.

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #4,419 of 6,090
Oh yeah got she3590s yesterday out of curiosity (retails for $7 here) and they sound MUCH better for price. Hype is real.

I preferred the Samsung S4 inear (hs3303) over them. They are sold even cheaper here in Germany. The hs3303 are the best in ear phone under 20$ I have heard so far. I guess there are fakes out there, so be careful when you purchase these.

Dec 9, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #4,420 of 6,090
Tenores have been growing on me. 40+ hours completed on 'em. The sound keeps getting better, warmer and punchier. Tried small size Sony Hybrids on these and I pretty love this setup. Kind of narrows the soundstage but added bass + warmth is much of my liking : ) Anyways my current most listened genre is EDM stuff. Tenores not specifically best for these but the details it unfolds are so good!

Now only if this frail pair of earphone manages to last.... I pray. People tend to keep multiple tenores handy just because everyone knows the high probability of failure on these. 

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #4,421 of 6,090
  Tenores have been growing on me. 40+ hours completed on 'em. The sound keeps getting better, warmer and punchier. Tried small size Sony Hybrids on these and I pretty love this setup. Kind of narrows the soundstage but added bass + warmth is much of my liking : ) Anyways my current most listened genre is EDM stuff. Tenores not specifically best for these but the details it unfolds are so good!

Now only if this frail pair of earphone manages to last.... I pray. People tend to keep multiple tenores handy just because everyone knows the high probability of failure on these. 

My pair is still working despite treated like dirt, so it really depends.

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #4,422 of 6,090

My pair is still working despite treated like dirt, so it really depends.

Haha that's awesome. Only thing I'm concerned about is the joint where cable enters housing. Rest things I can easily repair in case they break. Not every earpiece housing is easy to open.
I'll just use precautionary treatment. (fine thread winding covering the joint with a drop of superglue), worked for me fantastically in past.

Dec 10, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #4,423 of 6,090
Yeah, it's really unfortunate about all the problems with the Tenore's. They sure sound good though.

Had mine for over a year now and are still going strong with no signs of failing. Tenore are they only IEMs I use.

Dec 10, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #4,424 of 6,090
Some tenore eye candy. Mmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back