Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 3, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #4,396 of 6,090
Recently I got a pair of these DX200. Perhaps my ears have been badly washed by the bad boy EX1000. Bass and treble of these phones sound kind of "artificial" and off to my ears, especially its treble for classical music. Every time I tried to put on the DX200 and the bad boy EX1000 pulled them off after 5 minutes. I am afraid that my brain has been permanently configured for the EX1000 sound signature.

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #4,397 of 6,090
  Recently I got a pair of these DX200. Perhaps my ears have been badly washed by the bad boy EX1000. Bass and treble of these phones sound kind of "artificial" and off to my ears, especially its treble for classical music. Every time I tried to put on the DX200 and the bad boy EX1000 pulled them off after 5 minutes. I am afraid that my brain has been permanently configured for the EX1000 sound signature.

Give them some time to open up, when I first got the Tenore I was severely disappointed. They sounded flat, lacking in bass and depth. Now after a few months they are ranking among my favorite. Bass got punchier, the sound-stage completely opened up and the minimalist design is just a dream. 

I like them more than my Havi b3 p1 right now. Both have a similar sound sig.

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #4,398 of 6,090

Give them some time to open up, when I first got the Tenore I was severely disappointed. They sounded flat, lacking in bass and depth. Now after a few months they are ranking among my favorite. Bass got punchier, the sound-stage completely opened up and the minimalist design is just a dream. 

I like them more than my Havi b3 p1 right now. Both have a similar sound sig.

How the tenroes compare to B3s? Been hearing loads of praises about Havi B3 lately.

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #4,399 of 6,090
  How the tenroes compare to B3s? Been hearing loads of praises about Havi B3 lately.

My pair of Tenore are slightly more bassy and sound more warm, both have excellent sound-stage, I feel like the Tenore have more depth, while the Havi are better in width..
Both the Tenore and the Havi have an similar natural sound and aren't that different in their sound signature. The Havi have more treble and mids, which are also more lush sounding.   
I used the Topping NX1 as amp for my Havi B3 p1. 
All in all I prefer to use my Tenore, because I prefer the slighty more pronounced warmness and bass and the better sound-stage-depth.

The Tenore is far superior in terms of mobility, isolation and fit, which is makes it really amazing. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #4,400 of 6,090
i can’t wait to buy zero tenores, at the moment i am using amperiors which i got a few weeks ago. kind of useing them to see how they sound. i am really new to the whole headphones shenanigans. so kind of finding things out for myself. but so far i’m liking that i can hear cd quality audio vs computer compressed songs. i wish i could listen to all earphones i wanted on the internet but it’s not to be, need to buy one to find out for myself.

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #4,406 of 6,090
Interesting. Can anyone else confirm this?

Having read this entire thread (Yes, I did!) I can confirm that Basso quality is better than Tenores. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #4,407 of 6,090
  I received a pair of Tenore yesterday which I bought out of blue while waiting on Heaven II order. Oh boy, these are actually worth the hype! I immediately noticed they sound less congested than M-Duo, which is a dual-driver. Slightly warm, with mids a bit recessed, but the high has a tiny bit of emphasis and that makes it fun to listen to female vocals with (Listening to Pharrell the vocal is a bit underwhelming, but Regina Spektor sounds amazing on them). The bass is my favorite part: It extends really, really far down and gets out of the way out fast enough for my taste. I need to crank up the volume to listen to these compared to other earphones I own, and the cable isn't anything exciting (moderately prone to microphonics), but those are the only shortcomings I can come up with at the moment. For me these are the keeper especially for female vocals.

90% of what I listen to is female vocals and I agree with you!

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #4,408 of 6,090
I love my pair but the left ear has suddenly become a lot quieter than the right, to the point I can't use both ears at the same time because it sounds like everything is coming from the right ear.

Looking at getting some replacements or a better pair. Has anyone tried the pistons 2.0? How do those fair against these?

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #4,409 of 6,090
I love my pair but the left ear has suddenly become a lot quieter than the right, to the point I can't use both ears at the same time because it sounds like everything is coming from the right ear.

There's a good chance that you can make them work again by removing the mesh from the nozzle and shoving a tiny piece of cotton inside.

i shoved a tiny piece of cotton inside the barrel of my tenore and no more channel imbalance.. strange treatment but it works..!!!
L3000.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #4,410 of 6,090

Looking at getting some replacements or a better pair. Has anyone tried the pistons 2.0? How do those fair against these?

Typical TTS... try out methods suggested by people in this thread. If nothing works then I guess, order another pair?
Quality is such an issue for Tenors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back