Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Oct 27, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #4,321 of 6,090
I don't think it'll have enough bass for a metal fan

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #4,323 of 6,090
That's true too. It really depends on your listening preferences

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #4,324 of 6,090

Yes. This is the weak point in my opinion. Had mine fail at that point. Or I should the wire came out completely with exposed copper. They still work but probably only becaused I stopped using them now. Kc06 all the way with er4s for critical stuff

Care to take a picture of it? Just asking, 'cause from all I've seen so far, it's just the outer sheath coming off, whereas the inner wire isolation remains intact.

I can't believe it, but i lost them. haha. But I already posted a picture in the past here of the issue. It only got worse and they came out further...

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #4,325 of 6,090

I can't believe it, but i lost them. haha. But I already posted a picture in the past here of the issue. It only got worse and they came out further...

Another Tenor bites the dust.

RIP 
frown.gif

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #4,326 of 6,090

Another Tenor bites the dust.

RIP 
frown.gif

They still worked before I lost them. haha. But the wire was worse than the photo. Nothing was holding it in but the connection to the driver. It was only a matter of time before it came loose I'm sure. Now where the heck did I store them? ha

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #4,327 of 6,090
Yeah, mine weren't quite that bad but they're getting there, so I'm scouting out for a replacement that I'll love just as much without the questionable build quality. I love how small the Tenores are but I guess anything cylindrical shaped will work with my ears as long as they're not huge like the XBA-H1s were that I tried.

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #4,328 of 6,090
  Yeah, mine weren't quite that bad but they're getting there, so I'm scouting out for a replacement that I'll love just as much without the questionable build quality. I love how small the Tenores are but I guess anything cylindrical shaped will work with my ears as long as they're not huge like the XBA-H1s were that I tried.

Yeah that is what Happened and is happening to mine, and it sucks, I ended up grabbing a Havi b3 and it sounds very spacious and good detailed, but I feel like the Tenores are just a little more enjoyable for alternative and rock than the Havi's are.

Oct 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #4,329 of 6,090
I'm all over the ostry kc06 as my main iem. I use the er4s for critical listening. With the two I'm currently very content. And I'm a neutral frequency response whore. But the ostry works well for me and is only slightly non-linear, but in a very non-offensive way. Some people hear treble spikes, but I get minimal to no peaks with the right tips. It's more just a slight upper mid dip and slightly boosted bass. But nothing compared to other iems. Extremely durable. I've accidentally beat the crap out of my kc06 and they are not even phased.

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #4,330 of 6,090
  Yeah that is what Happened and is happening to mine, and it sucks, I ended up grabbing a Havi b3 and it sounds very spacious and good detailed, but I feel like the Tenores are just a little more enjoyable for alternative and rock than the Havi's are.

Wrong! The B3's are more enjoyable for alternative and rock and everything!

Well, for me anyway lol

I'm all over the ostry kc06 as my main iem. I use the er4s for critical listening. With the two I'm currently very content. And I'm a neutral frequency response whore. But the ostry works well for me and is only slightly non-linear, but in a very non-offensive way. Some people hear treble spikes, but I get minimal to no peaks with the right tips. It's more just a slight upper mid dip and slightly boosted bass. But nothing compared to other iems. Extremely durable. I've accidentally beat the crap out of my kc06 and they are not even phased.

And I love the kc06's as well! Have you tried the B3's @luisdent ?

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #4,331 of 6,090
Oct 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #4,332 of 6,090

I'm glad someone else around here still loves their Ostrys...now that the KC06 hype train has traveled on its way into the sunset.
beerchug.gif

That is until my kc06a's arrive, at which point the kc06's will be kicked unceremoniously to the curb!

Just kidding, I'll always love'em :)

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #4,333 of 6,090

Wrong! The B3's are more enjoyable for alternative and rock and everything!

Well, for me anyway lol

And I love the kc06's as well! Have you tried the B3's @luisdent
 ?

Haven't heard those.

And yeah the ostry kc06 are top notch iems.

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #4,334 of 6,090
Haven't heard those.

Knowing yout preferences, I can't help but feel that you would love them. Baycode's 1st post provides a lot of good info. Before I got them I suspected a lot of it was just hype. Now I know better :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread/0_30

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #4,335 of 6,090
Finally got some free time on my hands, gonna scout around and read some reviews to see what to upgrade my Carbo Tenores to. Altones are one of the contenders so I'll read some reviews and whatnot. I guess I'm just looking for something that has a similar sound signature to the Tenores but maybe improved sound and build quality. Comfort shouldn't be an issue as long as I stick to 'bullet' shaped housings (Tenores are stupidly comfortable to me because of their small size and simple shape). Any suggestions I should look at or do the Altones fit the bill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back