Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Oct 15, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #4,306 of 6,090
You can use cotton from a cotton ball or from a q-tip, as I think it's the same stuff. I used a very small amount, and pulled it apart with my fingers to make it less dense. It should look pretty sparse, with each fiber individually visible. It'll get a little more dense when you push it into the barrel. I've posted this a couple times but here's the pic again for reference:

I've tested this mostly cable up, but cable down once for an entire session. It shouldn't matter imo, but who knows.

And to clarify, TTS stands for typical Tenore syndrome, and refers to channel imbalance, with one side sounding louder than the other. This mod should fix that problem. If you try it out please report back with your results. Good luck!

Well, my TTS tenores have been left abaondoned for the last 2 months, and I figured it's about time to do the above mods. Instead of cotton, I used some angel hair stuff that my buddy provided to me for various nefarious modding purposes. Quite a process to get the stuff to stay in the driver without coming right back out again lol, but I managed to do so AND to even get the filter tape back on.

So now I am listening to my tenores for the first time in 2 months, and holy crap are they sounding good. I'm not sure if the angel hair has changed the sound for the better, or if I just forgot how great they sounded, but if they continue to sound this great AND the TTS is eradicated, then I'm a happy camper! Fingers crossed!
beerchug.gif

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #4,307 of 6,090
if the Angel Hair is not overly compressed super tight it could very well be that:) I used some in an iem mod to fantastic effect, but that is generally inside the shells, well I guess sort of similar except if it IS the stuff, putting it in front of the driver will lessen peaks and bring up bass.
getting it even in such small amounts is insanely hard to avoid imbalance, but on front it might be less prone to those effects.

beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #4,309 of 6,090
  I'd love to get someone to recable my Tenores; without the TTS issue and cable coming out of the housing, these would be ideal.

My TTS has been solved. Went on a long run with the Tenore again last night with no issues. If you haven't already done the cotton mod then I suggest you try it. This thread has all the info.

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #4,313 of 6,090
My TTS has been solved. Went on a long run with the Tenore again last night with no issues. If you haven't already done the cotton mod then I suggest you try it. This thread has all the info.

+1! Or the angel hair mod.. actually, it's annoying - they are sounding so good, it's taking time away from my newer iems lol. Seriously it's all good - I'm happy to be feeling the love for the tenores again :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #4,314 of 6,090
Long time I haven't posted here...I was having issues with my Tenores too long time ago due to imbalance and stuff (But seems like the imbalance was actually in my ears, not the earphones, lel) and decided to do a final solution, after some testing I put some foam from my previous Brainwavz M3 but instead putting the whole little cylinder of it I used half of it, and put it on the Tenores. Now, they sound perfect to me, and TTS never happened again. It tamed a bit the treble that was excessive IMO.

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #4,316 of 6,090

It's moreso the wire coming out of the housings that is annoying me
Yes. This is the weak point in my opinion. Had mine fail at that point. Or I should the wire came out completely with exposed copper. They still work but probably only becaused I stopped using them now. Kc06 all the way with er4s for critical stuff

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #4,317 of 6,090
Yes. This is the weak point in my opinion. Had mine fail at that point. Or I should the wire came out completely with exposed copper. They still work but probably only becaused I stopped using them now. Kc06 all the way with er4s for critical stuff

Care to take a picture of it? Just asking, 'cause from all I've seen so far, it's just the outer sheath coming off, whereas the inner wire isolation remains intact.

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #4,318 of 6,090
My Tenore suffers from NDTR. Neglect due to Rockets. I'll have to break them out for a comparison in an upcoming S0 review.

Rotating your headphones you must learn.

Neglect is the path to the dark side.  Neglect leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much neglect in you.

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #4,319 of 6,090

Care to take a picture of it? Just asking, 'cause from all I've seen so far, it's just the outer sheath coming off, whereas the inner wire isolation remains intact.

sure thing. I'll have to find them. haha. I'm in the process of moving and packing. I should have them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back