Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 31, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #3,991 of 6,090

Pff, you've failed me Wayneson. :yum:

Cuz there has been zero reported problems with that iem right (?_?). hehehe

It's also a reportedly more v-shaped iem, so not really neutral like the Tenore from the sound of it.

I hear my pair more analytical then V but again.. up top. I've sent them a message and will get a replacement shipped out on Friday. Maybe it's just me(very possible) but I'll test both out and see if they sound different.

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #3,992 of 6,090
Pff, you've failed me Wayneson. :yum:

Not sure what that was about - sorry about that!

Anyway, this should work for ya:

https://soundcloud.com/producer-peter-collins/queensryche-silent-lucidity

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #3,993 of 6,090
Normally I'm not a big fan of the expanding foam tips, but I have had great success with the Comply S-200 tips. Luckily they have been cleaning up very well in just some soapy water and I have only used 1 pair with out any degradation occurring to the material. The sound of my Tenores has been spot on with regards to audio reproduction since owning them. With the Comply tips I can get a good seal and have the ability to have a shallow or deep insertion which changes the overall signature to my preference.  I have only had one issue with the Tenore and that is where the cable meets the strain relief on the right driver. It tends to pull out a little bit over time, but I have been able to push it right back in. It might cause an issue over time, but luckily it hasn't been much of a pain.

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #3,996 of 6,090

Have you been following the Altone200's? $145 (includes shipping)....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-318-iems-compared-impressions-of-dn-2000-altone200-fidue-a83-added-p-945/14160#post_10751424

From what I've read, Altone 200 is missing the sub-bass layer that Tenore has, so it's not great for pop and EDM like the Tenore.

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #3,997 of 6,090
  So from my brief searching, is it safe to claim that the Sony MH1, even though having a different sound signature, is close or on par with the Tenores?

Pastapipo and Peter123 said the Tenore is a natural upgrade to MH1.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/2235#post_10757019

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #3,999 of 6,090
From what I've read, Altone 200 is missing the sub-bass layer that Tenore has, so it's not great for pop and EDM like the Tenore.

Edit: Might have defective pair of Altones, waiting for replacement unit.

Joker says his Altone has more sub-bass then his GR07 BE. I personally find my BE has the "sub-bass layer" that works with EDM/pop.

The Altone I have also has sub bass presence but my GR07 BE sound like it has more. I also tried a pair of Tenores and found they work with EDM/Pop on my end but then they also have some problems going on...

Conclusion: I don't know what's up my botherin but the bolded part has relevant info. Hurray for me and my wonderful luck... :neutral_face:

ME2: $655 wasn't enough I guess.

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #4,000 of 6,090

Yeah. I LOVE the sound signature of my Tenores; in all honesty I enjoy them way more than my Bassos and I loved the Bassos as well. The Tenores are really lightweight and the housings are really small, meaning that I can wear them for hours and hours without any discomfort. Paying more money for something with a similar sound signature and comfort/fit but better build quality is definitely on the cards for me. I could comfortable pay double or triple if I'm going to enjoy them as much without any discomfort or build issues.

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #4,001 of 6,090
Yeah, they do sound great and they are extremely comfortable, that's why it's so hard to stay mad at them for all their faults. I will just have to find some time to mod a pair. Some mods for the bass (both quantity and reverberation), a recabling with a mic and probably something for the moisture... Frankenore here i come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back