Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 29, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #2,071 of 6,090
Hey man ..took yr suggestions ..wanted to get Tenore but too bad eBay and Amazon seller don't ship to my place...mmmmmm
So you got the dm2 huh? I hope you enjoy them. Please make sure to burn them babies in. Maybe let them play overnight a couple nights before you really give them a listen. Like I said, the bass is fantastic out of the gate. They aren't the type of thing you want to crank at full blast, nor should you with any phones (1/2 to 3/4 volume on most standard devices seems to be the sweet spot for them). They pair well with a warm sounding amp also. Live and acoustic music is where it's at on them. After this, see if you can get a pair of these tenores, they're a completely different sound. They are much different than what you will experience in the dm2. Very articulate and flat, with a nice sub bass. If you can't get the tenore, havi b3 pro I or kc06a. I'm really excited to try the kc06a.

I know mochill prefers the tenore over kc06a but others impressions and comparisons of the two would be appreciated also.

May 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #2,073 of 6,090
Guys, give me some good vocal tracks that really showcase the treble on these!

Initial impressions so far. It's crazy how much smaller they are than the Carbo Basso in person. I'm using stock tips at the minute, not sure how deep I should be inserting them or if there's a 'technique' to it. Not too sure what tips to get.

I'm using the medium sized tips and they worked fine on my Basso but for some reason when I have them on my Tenore, they feel like they're going to fall out of my ears.

May 29, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #2,074 of 6,090
So you got the dm2 huh? I hope you enjoy them. Please make sure to burn them babies in. Maybe let them play overnight a couple nights before you really give them a listen. Like I said, the bass is fantastic out of the gate. They aren't the type of thing you want to crank at full blast, nor should you with any phones (1/2 to 3/4 volume on most standard devices seems to be the sweet spot for them). They pair well with a warm sounding amp also. Live and acoustic music is where it's at on them. After this, see if you can get a pair of these tenores, they're a completely different sound. They are much different than what you will experience in the dm2. Very articulate and flat, with a nice sub bass. If you can't get the tenore, havi b3 pro I or kc06a. I'm really excited to try the kc06a.

I know mochill prefers the tenore over kc06a but others impressions and comparisons of the two would be appreciated also.

Not yet but on my list ..but really want to get Tenore first ..so many on list to get ...its scary ...i need to get away from here ..kekekkeeeee ...once Charlie pass me those cool looking jet pack ..away I go..woo..hooo

Cheers man

May 29, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #2,075 of 6,090
Treble: GR07 MK2 is brighter than Tenore.  Tenore treble is not as harsh as GR07 MK2.

Agreed.

Mids: For vocals, the Tenore is better than GR07 MK2.  Female vocals sound like they are in the room singing to you, airy and buttery; gives me chills. 

Agreed.

Bass: Tenore has more bass than GR07 MK2.  Tenore bass hits hard; punchy.

I find the gr07 had more "bass" and maybe mid bass, but the tenore has more level bass overall and stays level into the lowest sub bass, which means there is less masking from unevenness and therefore you hear all the bass better and it slams better when needed. Mid bass can't slam. That's where bass muddiness comes from. I'm not calling the gr07 muddy, no no, just not as smooth and level as the tenore. And my pair doesn't have any noticeable amount more of bass..

Detail: GR07 MK2 has more detail than Tenore.

Disagree. :-o It has more peaky treble, which some might hear as bringing details up, but it is not more "detailed" just more bright in areas. The tenore pulls more details in every part of the spectrum. That might make it sound smoother and less crisp from having less brightness, but no one area has any masked details...

Efficiency: GR07 MK2 is more efficient than Tenore.

Agreed,

GR07 MK2 sounds boring compared to Tenore, which is more musical.

Don't know if i'd call it boring, but definitely not as involving and believable. :)

I agree with all of this, although it's been some time since I've had the GR07. I did get pretty intimate with them though... not bragging or anything :p

I'll definitely be burning my two new pairs in and will update here.

Guys, give me some good vocal tracks that really showcase the treble on these!

Initial impressions so far. It's crazy how much smaller they are than the Carbo Basso in person. I'm using stock tips at the minute, not sure how deep I should be inserting them or if there's a 'technique' to it. Not too sure what tips to get.

I'm using the medium sized tips and they worked fine on my Basso but for some reason when I have them on my Tenore, they feel like they're going to fall out of my ears.

I LOVE the vocals on this track. They do cheesy covers of pop songs. They totally suck but are simultaneously awesome somehow. Don't judge me...
http://youtu.be/uelMxn0uFKo

May 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #2,076 of 6,090
May the battle begin!

Just now shoved them in the ears (using the large stock tips). Listening to my favorite track at the moment, and I can say that this will be a worthy battle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycYewhiaVBk

Edit: btw, I don't know if I have the bass-less or bass-full or bass-perfect model, but straight out of the box, it sounds pretty prefect to me coming out of the C3/BH combo, and also great with the switches on. Fit is really good using the large stock tips. Have them sitting in my ears as per luisdent's photos, so they are quite unobtrusive which is great. Easy to achieve a great seal without having to jam them in, which means they will be comfortable for me. I haven't tried the "lay head down on side" test yet, but if they work for that, then the birds are gonna have some sleepy time competition lol. As mackem says, way smaller than the bassos (which stuck out way more and kinda bugged me in that respect).

May 29, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #2,077 of 6,090
  May the battle begin!

Just now shoved them in the ears (using the large stock tips). Listening to my favorite track at the moment, and I can say that this will be a worthy battle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycYewhiaVBk

Edit: btw, I don't know if I have the bass-less or bass-full or bass-perfect model, but straight out of the box, it sounds pretty prefect to me coming out of the C3/BH combo, and also great with the switches on. Fit is really good using the large stock tips. Have them sitting in my ears as per luisent's photos, so they are quite unobtrusive which is great. Easy to achieve a great seal without having to jam them in, which means they will be comfortable for me. I haven't tried the "lay head down on side" test yet, but if they work for that, then the birds are gonna have some sleepy time competition lol. As mackem says, way smaller than the bassos (which stuck out way more and kinda bugged me in that respect).

See the Bassos never bugged me in terms of size, I just found it pretty funny to notice the size difference. I used the medium tips on my Bassos but not sure why they just don't feel right on the Tenores. I basically have the stock tips from the Basso/Tenore as well as my Sony hybrids.

May 29, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #2,078 of 6,090
  See the Bassos never bugged me in terms of size, I just found it pretty funny to notice the size difference. I used the medium tips on my Bassos but not sure why they just don't feel right on the Tenores. I basically have the stock tips from the Basso/Tenore as well as my Sony hybrids.

On me, the bassos stick way farther out of my ears, and the cable is hanging way out there, and they look a bit funny imo. The tenores lay right down into the bottom part of the ear and don't stick out much at all, and the cable goes right down alongside my chin/neck. Mucho better to me!

Have you tried the larger stock tips? They fit my ears perfectly. If they don't work for you, then it's time to start tip rolling! (hopefully you have hundreds of tips lying around lol).

May 29, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #2,079 of 6,090
Treble: GR07 MK2 is brighter than Tenore.  Tenore treble is not as harsh as GR07 MK2.
Agreed.

Mids: For vocals, the Tenore is better than GR07 MK2.  Female vocals sound like they are in the room singing to you, airy and buttery; gives me chills. 
Agreed.

Bass: Tenore has more bass than GR07 MK2.  Tenore bass hits hard; punchy.
I find the gr07 had more "bass" and maybe mid bass, but the tenore has more level bass overall and stays level into the lowest sub bass, which means there is less masking from unevenness and therefore you hear all the bass better and it slams better when needed. Mid bass can't slam. That's where bass muddiness comes from. I'm not calling the gr07 muddy, no no, just not as smooth and level as the tenore. And my pair doesn't have any noticeable amount more of bass..

Detail: GR07 MK2 has more detail than Tenore.
Disagree. :-o It has more peaky treble, which some might hear as bringing details up, but it is not more "detailed" just more bright in areas. The tenore pulls more details in every part of the spectrum. That might make it sound smoother and less crisp from having less brightness, but no one area has any masked details...

Efficiency: GR07 MK2 is more efficient than Tenore.
Agreed,

GR07 MK2 sounds boring compared to Tenore, which is more musical.
Don't know if i'd call it boring, but definitely not as involving and believable. :)

Thanks luisdent, Grayson73, & gnarlsagan.

luisdent, iirc you bought yours from that ebay seller, woodlandhills_cass?

That seems to be one the safest place to order one if I'm looking for the less bassy version. I just wanted to make sure if didn't have too much less bass or was brighter than GR07.

I just ordered it, and looking forward to hearing it in a few weeks. I couldn't resist all the positive impressions/hype any longer!
etysmile.gif
Hopefully, I'll receive one of the less bassy ones.

May 29, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #2,080 of 6,090

Thanks luisdent, Grayson73, & gnarlsagan.

luisdent, iirc you bought yours from that ebay seller, woodlandhills_cass?

That seems to be one the safest place to order one if I'm looking for the less bassy version. I just wanted to make sure if didn't have too much less bass or was brighter than GR07.

I just ordered it, and looking forward to hearing it in a few weeks. I couldn't resist all the positive impressions/hype any longer!
etysmile.gif
Hopefully, I'll receive one of the less bassy ones.

Mine were from ebay woodlandhills. These certainly aren't too bassy - just perfect to my ears. And there is no way they are brighter than the GR07's (at least, they aren't as bright as I recall the highs being with the GR07BE's, which ventured into sibilance territory  on occassion to me).

Anyway, I think you're gonna dig the tenores. I'm going to try to hold off on further impressions until after some burn in, but these are excellent and are the real deal, so holding off on impressions might be difficult!

May 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #2,081 of 6,090
Not too sure what tips to get.

Meelectronics double flange in the first post.

May 29, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #2,082 of 6,090
  May the battle begin!

What is that on the left?

May 29, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #2,085 of 6,090
Yup, big bad ostry kc06 birds on the left.

Trying the tenores at the gym. Sound is good, but isolation not good enough for the gym (the h200's still rule for me in that dept).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back