Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 29, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #2,086 of 6,090
Yup, big bad ostry kc06 birds on the left.

Trying the tenores at the gym. Sound is good, but isolation not good enough for the gym (the h200's still rule for me in that dept).

Hmm isolation is pretty good for me at the gym, but then my gym's music hasn't been working (which is awesome). Also I tend to blast my eardrums into submission when lifting things and putting them down.

May 29, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #2,088 of 6,090

Yup, big bad ostry kc06 birds on the left.

Trying the tenores at the gym. Sound is good, but isolation not good enough for the gym (the h200's still rule for me in that dept).

Hmm isolation is pretty good for me at the gym, but then my gym's music hasn't been working (which is awesome). Also I tend to blast my eardrums into submission when lifting things and putting them down.

We must be the only two people in the world who think that. haha. With all the ipods and whatnot why do they even play music?

Quote:
  Guys, give me some good vocal tracks that really showcase the treble on these!

I always loved this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbgzJecVbSQ

A lot of openness and detailed instruments in the stereo field, and his voice is always very easy to hear, clear, but also has good amount of body. The youtube version sounds a bit muffled from compression, but shows the general idea. It might be better on grooveshark or something...

Quote:
  Are u a deepseaDiver? 
tongue_smile.gif

No, I just live in a pineapple under the sea...

Quote:
  Mine were from ebay woodlandhills. These certainly aren't too bassy - just perfect to my ears. And there is no way they are brighter than the GR07's (at least, they aren't as bright as I recall the highs being with the GR07BE's, which ventured into sibilance territory  on occassion to me).

No, the tenores aren't as bright as the gr07, but they're also not as low oriented. They're just all around more "level".

Thanks luisdentGrayson73, & gnarlsagan.

luisdent, iirc you bought yours from that ebay seller, woodlandhills_cass?

That seems to be one the safest place to order one if I'm looking for the less bassy version. I just wanted to make sure if didn't have too much less bass or was brighter than GR07.

I just ordered it, and looking forward to hearing it in a few weeks. I couldn't resist all the positive impressions/hype any longer! 
etysmile.gif
 Hopefully, I'll receive one of the less bassy ones.

I did. woolandhills_cass. Whether they sell "reference" sets or not is impossible to say. I've only heard one of them and a few others report good results, but that's all the data we have. ha. The seller seems nice though and deals with warranty handling if needed.

May 29, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #2,089 of 6,090
O.k. I've found out something very interesting, and VERY awesome.

I started wearing them as deep as I could today.

They only go so far before hitting an end point in my canal. The er4s would go farther, but I'm not forcing these, just pushing them until they don't go any farther. When I do this it verifies everything I though about pressure.

I've been wearing them shallow, and the sound is immaculate. When I wore them any deeper they would sound bassier, not much, but overall a touch warmer and less detailed. However, if I push them in until they don't stop, which is farther than most earphones would probably be worn, they sort of fall into the inner part of my ear more, which as they do, they release pressure and equalize completely. When this happens they sound every so slightly smoother and bassier (i'm talking slight) but overall essentially the same exact sound. The ever so slight tilt is probably expected from the depth and closeness to the eardrum, but the fact that they are less bassy all the way in compared to half way in shows that the pressure for me is more of a determining factor.

This is cool, because as you see they are very easy to wear over ear this way, which reduces all cable noise for me completely and is more secure in my ear. If I had to give an accuracy score (just making this up off my head) the shallow fit being 100% would give me about 98.5% deep and maybe 96% middle of the ear. So in any position they're amazing, but I prefer that extra level response and tightness from the deep or shallow fit. I can "almost" get this exact sound in the middle of the ear with other tips like the mh1, because they seem to flex more and allow easier pressurization. But the middle of the canal still is the tightest spot for me and generally give me more pressure buildup.

Anyhow, in all of this experimentation, I actually prefer the mh1 tips now. As I said, they flex a bit more and to me that gives me a bit more comfort. They're also longer, so easier to get to the deep fit. But I found they sound identical. Any differences I heard before were probably from the way they fit. The same way they sound bassier in the middle of my ear from pressure is probably how they sounded because they are longer or something. Comparing them now, I can't tell any noticeable difference between them with the same fit on each. If they are bassier or something, it is minuscule in difference and the comfort is better for me, so I prefer them. But again, they sound basically the same to me as far as I can tell now.

May 29, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #2,090 of 6,090

The isolation was okay, but I could still easily hear weights clanking, and people talking. The H200's are the only IEMs (that I have tried) that isolate well enough that all of that external sound is reduced to the point of me hardly noticing it. Which is fine because they sound great.

I don't need (or even want) that kind of isolation everywhere else though, so the lightness and smallness of the tenores will probably make them my "grab and go" IEMs.

Quote:

I did. woolandhills_cass. Whether they sell "reference" sets or not is impossible to say. I've only heard one of them and a few others report good results, but that's all the data we have. ha. The seller seems nice though and deals with warranty handling if needed.

And the shipping was very fast for free economy. I ordered mine on May16 and received them today, so that was less than 2 weeks to me in Canada. Fastest economy shipping from overseas that I've experienced.

May 29, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #2,091 of 6,090
Here's another great test track. Again, not as good on youtube but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzAfdZ6_bg

On a lot of earphones, after 1:12 things are sort of muddy in the mix, because it's so thick with strings and things (awesome). But the tenores rock this track. The guitar strumming is very flamenco-ish and crisp while the bass can be heard easily and everything is very distinct compared to most things i've heard this on... I like turning it up during the drums at the end too. On CD that sounds awesome...

May 29, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #2,092 of 6,090
  O.k. I've found out something very interesting, and VERY awesome.

They only go so far before hitting an end point in my canal. The er4s would go farther, but I'm not forcing these, just pushing them until they don't go any farther. When I do this it verifies everything I though about pressure.

I've been wearing them shallow, and the sound is immaculate. When I wore them any deeper they would sound bassier, not much, but overall a touch warmer and less detailed. However, if I push them in until they don't stop, which is farther than most earphones would probably be worn, they sort of fall into the inner part of my ear more, which as they do, they release pressure and equalize completely. When this happens they sound every so slightly smoother and bassier (i'm talking slight) but overall essentially the same exact sound. The ever so slight tilt is probably expected from the depth and closeness to the eardrum, but the fact that they are less bassy all the way in compared to half way in shows that the pressure for me is more of a determining factor.

This is cool, because as you see they are very easy to wear over ear this way, which reduces all cable noise for me completely and is more secure in my ear. If I had to give an accuracy score (just making this up off my head) the shallow fit being 100% would give me about 98.5% deep and maybe 96% middle of the ear. So in any position they're amazing, but I prefer that extra level response and tightness from the deep or shallow fit. I can "almost" get this exact sound in the middle of the ear with other tips like the mh1, because they seem to flex more and allow easier pressurization. But the middle of the canal still is the tightest spot for me and generally give me more pressure buildup.

Anyhow, in all of this experimentation, I actually prefer the mh1 tips now. As I said, they flex a bit more and to me that gives me a bit more comfort. They're also longer, so easier to get to the deep fit. But I found they sound identical. Any differences I heard before were probably from the way they fit. The same way they sound bassier in the middle of my ear from pressure is probably how they sounded because they are longer or something. Comparing them now, I can't tell any noticeable difference between them with the same fit on each. If they are bassier or something, it is minuscule in difference and the comfort is better for me, so I prefer them. But again, they sound basically the same to me as far as I can tell now.

Interesting stuff. I tried them over ears for a while with the medium stock tips, but I don't know if my ears get along with them very well that way. I'll probably try it some more. But I just threw them back in hanging down (with the medium tips), and that's working even better for me than down/large tips. So plenty of playing around to do!

Btw, why did they make the strain relief so ridiculously non-existent? I keep thinking I am going to destroy the cables there.

May 29, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #2,093 of 6,090
Came across this amazing talented lady. Her violin gives me chills, I can swear she's with me here in my living room performing only for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI&index=3&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2

May 29, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #2,094 of 6,090
  Came across this amazing talented lady. Her violin gives me chills, I can swear she's with me here in my living room performing only for me.

Wow - only has a measly 95 million views lol!

I can see why though - very cool. She is very talented and very cool, and that fusion of dubstep and violin is awesome.
beerchug.gif

May 29, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #2,095 of 6,090

Wow - only has a measly 95 million views lol!

I can see why though - very cool. She is very talented and very cool, and that fusion of dubstep and violin is awesome.
beerchug.gif

Too bad she's so ugly and hates zelda..........

May 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #2,096 of 6,090

Too bad she's so ugly and hates zelda..........

Not sure about the zelda part, but I concur about her hideous looks. And she moves around very clumsily as well. 
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #2,098 of 6,090
My silly C&C BH amp ran out of juice after a measly 80 hours, so I popped the Tenores onto my E12 amp (off HifimeDIY DAC & laptop). 

Wow - the bass on these tenores is pretty amazing. Reminds me of the bass in the Beyer dt1350's that I auditioned recently. Very nicely extended with great sub-bass. No huge mid-bass hump or bloat. Just a beautiful, full, detailed and impact-full bass. That Lindsay Stirling vid got me switched over to various EDM/dubstep tunes, and I'm loving it with the tenores :)

May 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #2,099 of 6,090
Grayson73, are the bores on the MEElectronics M6 double-flange eartips smaller, the same size, or larger than the Tenore's nozzles? Also, do they need spacers to stay on tightly?

Right now I'm using some old double-flanged tips from an old SoundMAGIC IEM (they look like these I believe) using spacers on the nozzles and the sound is amazing. I'm getting much better isolation using these tips as well. The bores on these are about as wide as the nozzles themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back