Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem
Feb 17, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #798 of 854
After owning the duoza for over a year, I have recently developed a newfound appreciation for just how good they are.

I got to audition the FAD LAB 1 earlier this week and they were so mind-blowingly good that I spent the next few days trying to find something that could come close to that heavenly SQ without paying such a massive price. My criteria was simple: natural, organic, realistic sound reproduction, especially when it comes to delivering vocals. Cuz those were the most attractive qualities about the LAB 1. The search led me to the JVC fx1200/850/750, Dita Truth, JHA Rosie, UM Pro 3, Dunu 2000, Oriveti Primacy and FAD's own heaven VI and VII. Among these, the fx1200, truth and rosie came closest to my expectations. All my vocal test tracks sounded fantastic on these. But when I tested classical music, I was unexpectedly disappointed. Sure classical music wasn't part of my criteria but I'd think they would at least perform decently on most genres. That wasn't the case. Cymbals sounded stifled and brass instruments lacked impact. There's a sense of congestion and wooliness. What's going on? These are mid to high end iems! Even on those models that didn't scored high on vocals, I just wasn't impressed as they sounded tinny and 'recorded' to me. And that's when I realise my ears were comparing everything with the duoza. I played the same classical tracks through the duoza, and my ears weren't kidding. Violins sounded realistic, horns and trombones blared and resonated with lifelike timbres, percussions were tight, and instrument separation was distinct and precise. And the airy decay of sounds made me almost feel the atmosphere of the performance venue. None of the candidates I tried had quite the same performance. Classical music is one of the toughest test for any audiophile gear and that's when I realise just how capable my Duozas are. Their tuning makes my Beethoven and Dvorak sound as good as my Led Zeppelin, Daft Punk and Fourplay. They may not have the extra full-bodiedness that makes natural, heart-melting vocals but they are clean, tuneful, realistic and sweeting sounding across everything I have. They are much better than I realise, now that I heard what's out there, and I don't think I cherished them as much as I should have. 

I will probably still get another set of iem for face-melting vocal music but I doubt anything will dethrone the duoza as my do-it-all superstar. Ok, maybe except the LAB 1. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #799 of 854
I am really interested in Duoza but in my place it cost arround USD130, almost the same price with RHA MA750 and Shure SE215SPE.

My options are :
-ZA Duoza
-RHA MA750
-SE215SPE
-Momentum IE

I usually use my 10 years old PX100 and sometimes HD229 for casual listening purposes, the player is from Samsung Note 3.
Need some opinion regarding the options which one is the best for casual listening.

Thanks

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #800 of 854
  After owning the duoza for over a year, I have recently developed a newfound appreciation for just how good they are.

I got to audition the FAD LAB 1 earlier this week and they were so mind-blowingly good that I spent the next few days trying to find something that could come close to that heavenly SQ without paying such a massive price. My criteria was simple: natural, organic, realistic sound reproduction, especially when it comes to delivering vocals. Cuz those were the most attractive qualities about the LAB 1. The search led me to the JVC fx1200/850/750, Dita Truth, JHA Rosie, UM Pro 3, Dunu 2000, Oriveti Primacy and FAD's own heaven VI and VII. Among these, the fx1200, truth and rosie came closest to my expectations. All my vocal test tracks sounded fantastic on these. But when I tested classical music, I was unexpectedly disappointed. Sure classical music wasn't part of my criteria but I'd think they would at least perform decently on most genres. That wasn't the case. Cymbals sounded stifled and brass instruments lacked impact. There's a sense of congestion and wooliness. What's going on? These are mid to high end iems! Even on those models that didn't scored high on vocals, I just wasn't impressed as they sounded tinny and 'recorded' to me. And that's when I realise my ears were comparing everything with the duoza. I played the same classical tracks through the duoza, and my ears weren't kidding. Violins sounded realistic, horns and trombones blared and resonated with lifelike timbres, percussions were tight, and instrument separation was distinct and precise. And the airy decay of sounds made me almost feel the atmosphere of the performance venue. None of the candidates I tried had quite the same performance. Classical music is one of the toughest test for any audiophile gear and that's when I realise just how capable my Duozas are. Their tuning makes my Beethoven and Dvorak sound as good as my Led Zeppelin, Daft Punk and Fourplay. They may not have the extra full-bodiedness that makes natural, heart-melting vocals but they are clean, tuneful, realistic and sweeting sounding across everything I have. They are much better than I realise, now that I heard what's out there, and I don't think I cherished them as much as I should have. 

I will probably still get another set of iem for face-melting vocal music but I doubt anything will dethrone the duoza as my do-it-all superstar. Ok, maybe except the LAB 1. 

what set up were you using when you tried Dita?

I owned my duoza for over 1 year. Also own dita Truth. the duoza are amazing pair of iems, but IMHO using my setup i feel that dita still exceed the duoza. I agree that the duoza deliver natural sounding sounds, but the Ditas are even more so and even more accurate. Also the dita has superior imaging, staging, and much better separations.

But again considering the price tag the Duozas are an amazing pair of IEM.

I am really interested in Duoza but in my place it cost arround USD130, almost the same price with RHA MA750 and Shure SE215SPE.

My options are :
-ZA Duoza
-RHA MA750
-SE215SPE
-Momentum IE

I usually use my 10 years old PX100 and sometimes HD229 for casual listening purposes, the player is from Samsung Note 3.
Need some opinion regarding the options which one is the best for casual listening.

Thanks

I tried duoza, rha, and se215. haven't heard the momentum IE. 

For me would be either the duoza or se215. It depends to your musical preferences. For me I love how the duoza presents the musics. natural sounding with some emphasize on the lower frequencies, yet not overpowering. These qualities makes the duozas very enjoyable to listened to IMHO.

Mar 1, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #801 of 854
Hi lexus91

I compared them on 3 systems: DX80, yggy>taurusMKII and yggy>icanSE. To my ears the Truth is so accurate it bothered on being glaring (particularly through the Taurus). But if I didn't already have the Duoza, and paid for it at that low price, I'd say I'd happily get the truth and be very satisfied.

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #802 of 854
I have same opinions to your comment (correct 100%!!)

Been using Duozas and JVC FX1100 as my go to duos.

The tonality of these two are really something and I remember the experience with Lab1 made me anxious to trade in my desktop amp with my friend's Lab1.

Amazing tonality and sound.
Lab 1 is like Master Yoda and Luke is the Duozas.

Too bad Duozas are not too popular and people usually underestimate the price vs the sound.

Hope you could score a Lab1!

May 16, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #804 of 854
  I would like to buy some nice ear buds for my duoza, which is not extremely expensive. any recommendation fellas ?

VE Monk +
$5
Say no more.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-monk-plus-a-5-earbud-that-taking-the-world-by-storm#post_11981026

May 16, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #805 of 854
  I would like to buy some nice ear buds for my duoza, which is not extremely expensive. any recommendation fellas ?

VE Monk +
$5
Say no more.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-monk-plus-a-5-earbud-that-taking-the-world-by-storm#post_11981026

yeah, VE Monk+ is really good and i heard from my audio enthusiast the recabled monk is really good and still bang of buck

May 18, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #809 of 854
  pardon me, I meant ear tip and accidently typed in ear bud

Doesn't matter - you should get the Monk +'s anyway! 
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #810 of 854
Hey Guys.

I cant Decide!

Should I Order the Duozas or Doppio from Zero Audio?

My Preference:

At most, I Love Natural intimate Vocals and Airy Lifelike Music without having Dark Sounding, Love To Hear nice Instruments, which are presented in their Natural way.

What is not so Important is the Lowend, I prefer Low Bass more than Kick Bass, but in General not so Prominent Lowend, more the Upper Registers :wink:.

I had the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10, which were really Bright in Sounding, that was Nice, but I missed the Intimacy of Vocals somtimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back