ZEN by DUNU: our first model designed around next-generation driver platform ECLIPSƎ
Dec 25, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #91 of 1,326
Just when I thought I have heard enough great IEMs this year, the recently released Dunu Zen comes into the picture. All I can say is wow. Very emotional and controlled sound with excellent level of energy. There is a very nice enveloping feeling with holographic soundstage. Utterly impressive. :)

photo_2021-03-30_01-01-05.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #92 of 1,326
Dec 25, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #93 of 1,326
Just when I thought I have heard enough great IEMs this year, the recently released Dunu Zen comes into the picture. All I can say is wow. Very emotional and controlled sound with excellent level of energy. There is a very nice enveloping feeling with holographic soundstage. Utterly impressive. :)

IMG_20201225_201738_289.jpg

How does it compare to the LUNA?

Dec 25, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #94 of 1,326

IMG_20201225_201738_289.jpg
Intrigued.

Dec 25, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #95 of 1,326
Zen is THE one I am awaiting for most eagerly!

I had no doubt but it’s nice to have actual first impressions from most trusted source :)

Dec 25, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #96 of 1,326
I work in a logisitc company, if it helps to shine some light, our traditional Christmas volume begun back in April and haven't stopped.

Add a 2 week to any express shipping and 1 months to standard shipping going International.

Indeed. We've spent a lot of time this year trying to placate customers about shipping delays (with minimal success). It's no one's fault in particular --- just the way the cookie crumbles these days.

🤯 Connoisseur of connoisseurs. Hats off to you, my man!

(Just to clarify to other people why our minds are blown: we currently do not have review units in the hands of anyone in the international community so far. None of our international staff has even seen or listened to ZEN. @audio123 must have pre-ordered the very first batch from China and had it shipped over, which is all kinds of intense!)

@DUNU-Topsound - any plans for EU stockists?

Over the past couple of months, we've added a couple of distributors that service several EU countries exclusively. However, they are reluctant to stock higher-priced products. We'll continue to work with them to see how they wish to proceed.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Dec 25, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #98 of 1,326
Always fun anticipating a new model with a head of steam going for it, excited about the ZEN release! :ksc75smile:

Dec 26, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #103 of 1,326
In terms of overall sonic performance, I take it over IE 800 S too. The Zen is an exceptional all rounder and the best part is its incredible value. Next, I want to mention the thing about IE 800 S is that regardless of price, it is the No.1 undisputed single DD IEM for soundstage solely if powered well. Since its release in 2017, no single DD IEMs (Luna, Xelento, T8iE/MK II, T9iE, Atlas, Vega/2020, 1695/97 Ti, Dream XLS, A8000, Major, VR1, etc) can rival the soundstage of IE 800 S and the IE 800 S is a mainstay in any collection just for its soundstage. Back to the Zen, at its price point, a 100% no brainer. Kudos to Dunu for this outstanding IEM.
Verdict: Winner
Thanks, now Zen is quite intriguing.
Look forward for more detailed comparisons between the two.

Dec 26, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #104 of 1,326
I see the Zen on Linsoul, getting very close to pulling the trigger!

Dec 26, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #105 of 1,326
In terms of overall sonic performance, I take it over IE 800 S too. The Zen is an exceptional all rounder and the best part is its incredible value. Next, I want to mention the thing about IE 800 S is that regardless of price, it is the No.1 undisputed single DD IEM for soundstage solely if powered well. Since its release in 2017, no single DD IEMs (Luna, Xelento, T8iE/MK II, T9iE, Atlas, Vega/2020, 1695/97 Ti, Dream XLS, A8000, Major, VR1, etc) can rival the soundstage of IE 800 S and the IE 800 S is a mainstay in any collection just for its soundstage. Back to the Zen, at its price point, a 100% no brainer. Kudos to Dunu for this outstanding IEM.
Verdict: Winner
How does Zen compare to Atlas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back