#Z^@#
Nov 17, 2009 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

|Static|

Head-Fier
Ever since I got my closed cans everyone feels it their obligatory duty to "sneak" up on me and mess with me. It's getting old. The favorite seems to be tapping on my left phone then leaving which is really annoying not to mention it hurts my ear. It could be the early stages of nicotine deprivation talking here, but I feel like putty a grizzly bear down these peoples shorts. There. I just needed to vent a little bit. Oh there's more but I'm sparing virgin ears from exploding here. Anyone else have these issues? Maybe we can start a support group
rolleyes.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 32
You must either have dick friends, or you've long been presenting yourself to be an easy target. Just tell them to stop.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 32
I have dude. That was the first thing i did. It's boiled down to me smacking and looking over my shoulder all the time. I need to get camera pointing behind me and hook it up to a screen or something.

Oh about the easy target thing. I spend most of my headphone time at the computer that sits with my back facing the bottom of the stairs. It doesn't get easier than that.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 32
The next time it happens I would ask the person to join you in a conference room or other private place and calmly tell the person that their actions are disrupting your work. Describe the discomfort you experience and ask them to stop. Tell them firmly they are harassing you and if they do it again you will make a formal written complaint to their manager and to human resources.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a small mirror and place it on your desk.
I did this at my last job to look out of a window that was behind me, works great!

What was outside the window?
tongue.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 32
They wouldn't do it if you don't take it well. As for privately telling the person it's distracting your work - if environment is of that "type", this wouldn't be happening.
tongue.gif
Get them closed headphones as well, do the same!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh yeah, when one of the guys at the office got closed headphones, I made a habit of sneaking up on them and tapping on their headphones too.
biggrin.gif
It was funny as hell. He got smarter and got revenge when I was wearing mine. It got old after a couple of days, nobody does it anymore.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 32
@balderon: This is a home issue. But thanks for the advice.

@Crazy ray: I'll do that. Good thinkin man. I'm kinda sick of taking the whole parent hitting the child in backseat while driving approach to people behind me.

@Fallenangel: We seem to have very long attention spans around here. I couldn't help that I went to elementary school with these guys. And we can get away with doing pretty much whatever we want short of murder.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Static| /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@balderon: This is a home issue. But thanks for the advice.

ohh, my bad... maybe I need a vacation!
redface.gif
X2 on CrazyRay's mirror idea.

Do you have enough room to turn your desk around so that you face the bottom of the stairs?

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by balderon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ohh, my bad... maybe I need a vacation!
redface.gif
X2 on CrazyRay's mirror idea.

They actually make little rear view mirrors for your computer desk. Someone at a previous job had one to make sure the boss wasn't hanging around behind him.

As far as your friends go, responding in the most mundane way is the best way for them to become disinterested (ie: pretending you don't notice). If you go ape **** when they do it, I guarantee they'll be back for more entertainment
wink.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next time they do it jump up and make a quick punch to the bollocks.

X2 lol i think a shot to the nuts would do the trick. No one likes taking that chance at messing with you if they know that they might get a cup check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back