YULONG's new U18 USB 24/192 Async digital Interface
Dec 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #137 of 169
No luck so far. Kind of like the Alberta weather.:wink: Hope your Christmas has been good.

I tried the Audio GD driver just to see if it would install with the Yulong plugged in since they use the same chip, but it would not do it. I also tried to get ASIO4ALL to play with the Yulong but they just could not talk with each other. A little disappointed by the Yulong ASIO driver since the 32-bit interface has been standard for many years. I have been back to my HLLY converter over the holidays.

I have another spare laptop and when time permits I will see if I can get some decent results with JPlay and Win 7.

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #138 of 169
So, what exactly is this thing for? Is it used for cleaning up the power signal and thereby (theoretically) improving sound quality?

Would this benefit a D18, A18 setup? Seems it would, since the naming convention fits...

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #142 of 169
But what exactly does this product do?

The U18 is a stand alone USB to SPDIF converter that can be powered either through the USB cable or through an external PS. Yulong developed this product to compliment his D18 but it can be used to convert USB to SPDIF signal for other products that require it. It is capable of converting up to 24/192 through USB 2.0.

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #143 of 169
Anyone have any luck with this in Windows 8? 

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #144 of 169
[size=medium]Are you having issues with the U18 and Windows 8 or are you just curious?  I am curious myself how Windows 8 is working for people & high res audio in general.  I think I will stay away from 8 for a while until I hear more.[/size]

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #145 of 169
Quote:
[size=medium]Are you having issues with the U18 and Windows 8 or are you just curious?  I am curious myself how Windows 8 is working for people & high res audio in general.  I think I will stay away from 8 for a while until I hear more.[/size]

Just curious.  I tried the Yulong D18 to the optical port on my Windows 8 computer.  It would lose the signal ever few seconds.  I was wondering if the U18 was a potential work around. 

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #146 of 169
Although I'm using Windows 7 it's working flawlessly.

I will be building a C.A.P.S in a few months with Windows 8 and plan on using the U18 with that.  So I will know in a few months..

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #147 of 169
Quote:
Just curious.  I tried the Yulong D18 to the optical port on my Windows 8 computer.  It would lose the signal ever few seconds.  I was wondering if the U18 was a potential work around. 

[size=medium]I saw your posts on the D18 forum. I chimed in myself. As was mentioned by Project86, the chip in the D18 can be fussy about signal. I found the Logitech SBT to be a solution at first until the U18 came out. The U18 works perfectly with the D18 (as could be expected since they were designed to work well together).[/size]

[size=medium]Grant Fidelity offers a 30 day money back guarantee so perhaps it is worth the chance to try out the U18 with Windows 8?  FYI, GF is having server issues right now with their website but they expect it to be resolved shortly.[/size]

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #148 of 169
Anyone use this with a mac? OSX Lion?

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #150 of 169
If you have Macbook Pro and Mac Pro why wouldnt you just use optical? Why would you even bother converting usb? Or am I missing something.
Isn't the purpose of the u18 is to basically get spdif aka optical for osx from usb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back