YULONG's new U18 USB 24/192 Async digital Interface
Jul 30, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #166 of 169
The U18 still does not work. Apparently Yulong cannot provide an updates driver. I would not buy anything Yulong again as their equipment compatibility is not maintained and you could end up with a useless bit of junk.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #167 of 169
The U18 still does not work. Apparently Yulong cannot provide an updates driver. I would not buy anything Yulong again as their equipment compatibility is not maintained and you could end up with a useless bit of junk.

Mine has been rockin for years now, every damn day. I was wondering if anyone out there that owns the U18 has upgraded, and was it worth it? The u18 was a nice upgrade from my teradak X2. My U18 has been playing with my D18 every day for 4 years with 0 problems.

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #168 of 169
I bet you are not running it with Apple Yesemitie. Mine worked well for years until I updated my Apple operating system to Yesemite. Then it stopped working. Yulong say they cannot provide a software update to make it compatible with the upgraded operating system. Hence, it is now a useless piece of junk. Beware when buying Yulong products that they may not be compatible with future operating systems!

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #169 of 169
I'm thinking about getting an external linear power supply for this unit. Problem is, it cost ~$300 for the higher tier stuff... are the differences in linear power supplies worth it? Can anyone with experience tell me if there are any changes to sound quality? Should I settle for a mid-range one instead? Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back