YULONG D200 Impression : ES9016 Balanced DAC + Class A Single End Headphone Amp + Balanced Pre-amp
May 3, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #31 of 312
You're doing just fine. No worries at all.

As far as I know it's not even available in Europe at the moment. Audiophonics.fr may be getting it soon but haven't informed with them. I'll probably go with one specific eBay seller as he provided good service a few months ago. They're all at $700 there.

Thanks, let hope so.

Very good indeed. If I were to buy a Schiit over here, I need to pay around 40% over the US factory direct price, so $700 is a reasonable deal IMO.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 3, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #32 of 312

You're doing just fine. No worries at all.

As far as I know it's not even available in Europe at the moment. Audiophonics.fr may be getting it soon but haven't informed with them. I'll probably go with one specific eBay seller as he provided good service a few months ago. They're all at $700 there.

If you are feeling a little adventurous there is an alternative I've used to order direct from Taobao at Mainland prices. Here is a link:

http://www.engtaobao.com/

You will pay a service charge but the net cost will still be below import dealer pricing. I have done this twice and not been burned yet. Find the item on Taobao and copy and paste the url into the link I gave. From there  the instructions are clear to check out. Worked for me but use at your own risk.

May 3, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #33 of 312

How much does the D8 dac sell for? Can't seem to find the price on yulong's site.
Look forward to your comparisons between D8 & DA8
popcorn.gif

Hi He doesn't sell them there. The D8 & A8 are Yulong's statement products where substantial deposits were put down over a year ago. They are only just being finished now.  There were however a couple of extra units made of each to my surprise and they are being sold through Grant Fidelity (along with all Yulong's gear) with free post & the same price the long term'ers got. So If your interested and are in the market, I'd Sntach that up quick smart. From what I've been told they will not be made again and what has been made is it. So they were sold as something that would appreciate in value over time rather than depreciate.

May 3, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #34 of 312
Actually the Taobao purchase information I posted was in reference to getting something like the D200 at Mainland prices plus a service charge. I would not presume to order something like the D8 on Taobao.

May 3, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #37 of 312
Here is a link to four dealers, take your pick:

http://s.taobao.com/search?q=Yulong+D200&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=mall&sourceId=tb.index&spm=a214x.6760217.5803581.d4908513

I didn't check to see if this was 4 different dealers but you get the point. Just choose one and copy the link into the service company I posted to process your order. I just looked it seems they are 4 different dealers.

May 3, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #38 of 312
Looking forward to your impression on D200. Looks like I am the only current owner at the moment, kind of difficult to keep the discussion going when there is limited hands on exposure.

I haven't heard NFB28, I prefer DA8 base on readings, but I am surprised that you think DA8 crushed NFB28 completely. I was assuming Yulong is better on digital part but NFB28 is stronger on headphone amp. section.

I have heard the D8 and A8 combo at Yulong's system, the D8 is really something, I strongly recommend Yulong to go straight into mass production on that one.

Still paying off the last of the a8/d8 so it will be several weeks minimum till I can afford the D200. Regardless - it will be mine....
"Crushed" probably wasn't the best word to describe the differences. The 28 is amazing value with a plethora of features/connections etc that I haven't seem matched by any other all in one unit at that price range. However the DA8 was on another clear level as you would expect with the price difference & the DA8 is a bargain imo also. Times are a changing which is why I'm looking forward to what this d200 can do for the money. The DA8 is very musical but still has that fidelity and precision yet still smooth and intoxicating. Kind if defies sound signature logic a bit imo but he pulled it off and it's stunning. The 28 sound sig is more mainstream yet very good. More neutral, great fidelity, exellent psu hence black background and lovely extension both ways. A neutral addict could quite easily prefer the 28. Everyone is different. However I certainly would expect anyone who has heard them both, put the DA8 clearly on the next level of performance. 
Just my humble opinion of course. Both are bargains in different price brackets.

May 3, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #39 of 312
Thanks Chodi, was too fast clicking and too slow thinking. Looks like it still totals $700 or even more in my particular case. Bummer. Still, I'd rather go with someone who I've already smoothly dealt with before.

May 3, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #40 of 312
  Thanks Chodi, was too fast clicking and too slow thinking. Looks like it still totals $700 or even more in my particular case. Bummer. Still, I'd rather go with someone who I've already smoothly dealt with before.

Yea, probably depends on your location. If you are in the EU I guess there is no way around the tax. I'm in Asia so I guess it is much easier. In my case it was a major savings.

May 3, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #41 of 312
Yea, probably depends on your location. If you are in the EU I guess there is no way around the tax. I'm in Asia so I guess it is much easier. In my case it was a major savings.

Indeed, US$700 will tax and custom handled properly, I think that is a very good deal indeed.

From what I was told, other manufacturers will put down a fake, much cheaper price on the custom form in order to cut down the tax payment if you were to buy from PRC factory directly, certainly something that I won't take part in.

May 3, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #42 of 312
Still paying off the last of the a8/d8 so it will be several weeks minimum till I can afford the D200. Regardless - it will be mine....
"Crushed" probably wasn't the best word to describe the differences. The 28 is amazing value with a plethora of features/connections etc that I haven't seem matched by any other all in one unit at that price range. However the DA8 was on another clear level as you would expect with the price difference & the DA8 is a bargain imo also. Times are a changing which is why I'm looking forward to what this d200 can do for the money. The DA8 is very musical but still has that fidelity and precision yet still smooth and intoxicating. Kind if defies sound signature logic a bit imo but he pulled it off and it's stunning. The 28 sound sig is more mainstream yet very good. More neutral, great fidelity, exellent psu hence black background and lovely extension both ways. A neutral addict could quite easily prefer the 28. Everyone is different. However I certainly would expect anyone who has heard them both, put the DA8 clearly on the next level of performance. 
Just my humble opinion of course. Both are bargains in different price brackets.

If you think DA8 is a bargain, wait till you heard D200, then you'll know the term need to be redefined in your dictionary.

Yes, the D200 is that good, I have A/B that before I pay for my D200 :D

The DA8 might end up as a classic down the road, it really is a product that works fantastically well in its domain, D200 won't challenge that for sure as I can see Yulong put price performance into highlight when they develop D200.

May 3, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #43 of 312
In your opinion Andy, is the price difference between DA8 and D200 worth it in terms of performance? (No safe answer please :))

May 3, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #44 of 312
Originally Posted by moriez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.kidultdiagnostic.com/dac-c-13/yulong-d200-32bit-384khz-dsd-dac-p-259.html

These guys have the D200 in stock in their UK warehouse for $700 but they charge an extra $84 Royal Mail shipping to addresses within the UK (maybe more to the EU?).  I asked them why shipping was so high and they said because it covered the import duty they paid to import it.

So it's a choice of $700 shipped via ebay (and possible/ probable import duty) or $784 from the UK.  Not sure whether you would send it back to the UK or china in the event of a fault if buying from Kidult.

May 3, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #45 of 312
If you think DA8 is a bargain, wait till you heard D200, then you'll know the term need to be redefined in your dictionary.

Yes, the D200 is that good, I have A/B that before I pay for my D200
biggrin.gif

The DA8 might end up as a classic down the road, it really is a product that works fantastically well in its domain, D200 won't challenge that for sure as I can see Yulong put price performance into highlight when they develop D200.

Funnily enough, I'm expecting exactly what you said - hence buying it even with the D8/A8. Running my T1's & denons etc balanced out the back I know will be special with yulong house sound, albeit maybe more neutral than the DA8. I am absolutely expecting a bargain. As I said, times are a changing and it's an amazing time to be a head-fi addict. 
You guys do know it's on special at Grant Fidelity? $629 with free post. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back