YULONG D200 Impression : ES9016 Balanced DAC + Class A Single End Headphone Amp + Balanced Pre-amp
Apr 22, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #301 of 312
Glad to see it's treating you well. Once I received my Mojo I simply didn't listen to it after that. Happy to hear it found a home that'll appreciate it. :D

Because I forgot to report back before I'll mention that the D200 plays nicely with Windows 10. I just grabbed the drivers from the Yulong site and it worked exactly as you'd expect.

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #302 of 312
I'm still in love with mine, paired with A28 - but didn't manage to get my hands on any of the balanced cans yet. But even through the single end Jack output, the A28 adds more goodness to the sound in the matter of tonality, depth, resolution and dynamics :) And yes, some day the time will come to rub the balanced cans through the setup..

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #303 of 312
You need to get your headphones hooked to the balanced out on A28, and depending on the headphones you might need to do it reeeeeeally badly, believe me, I got one too :) A28 can be taken to a whole new level, but that's a topic well discussed on its appreciation thread.

I got D200 for the office and originally intended to use as a stand-alone unit, but that quickly changed in the last week and I think my A28 will end with at the office. They indeed pair great and so I'll have a chance to up my home system a bit.

However, kosq83 you should definitely look into utilizing A28's balanced out, just think of it this way - the amp was designed to be balanced in and out, and the 1/4" although excellent as it is has been added as a feature.

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #304 of 312
Thanks Villy :)

I am curently working on it - i've tried to buy a few times balanced cans - always ended up a complete dissaster. So it's here waiting for an occasion. I looked on the A28 thread - it got bigger and more intersting since the last time i looked there.
I got myself convinced I need to solder DIP8 into the A28 - i have 6 sets of dual opamps already to roll in the A28 :)

Well it is nothing to do with this thread - sorry guys.
I will PM You Villy shortly if You don't mind.

Cheers!

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #305 of 312
Glad to see it's treating you well. Once I received my Mojo I simply didn't listen to it after that. Happy to hear it found a home that'll appreciate it. :D

Because I forgot to report back before I'll mention that the D200 plays nicely with Windows 10. I just grabbed the drivers from the Yulong site and it worked exactly as you'd expect.

Question,

I recently switched from a windows 7 pc to a brand new Lenovo laptop with windows 10 (the following listing but with 12gb of ram) (https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ideapad-310-Display-80SM00JSUS/dp/B01FJFN2NC/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1488666029&sr=1-1&keywords=80SM00JSUS). I have a D200 and it works great on either pc...except for one caveat...on the new laptop the D200 refuses to switch to DSD. Im using Jriver 20 and have played with multiple settings and had no success.

On the laptop i have tried connecting the D200 with the one usb 3.0 port and both of the 2.0 ports and no success. I also have an anker usb 3.0 dock (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C631EYU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that ive been trying as well with the new laptop. I have the laptop connected to the dock via the usb 3.0 port to the appropriate 3.0 port on the dock. On the back of the dock there are 4 usb 2.0 ports. Now heres the odd part... if i connect the dac in either of the two UPPER 2.0 ports the dac WILL consistently switch to DSD and play fine. If i connect the dac in either of the two LOWER 2.0 ports it WILL NOT switch to DSD. Ive tried a few usb cables to verify that it isnt a connection or cable issue. If i switch everything back to the windows 7 pc ALL works fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to make the D200 switch to DSD on the windows 10 laptop without the dock? Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks, Brian

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #308 of 312
Darn, that was near both the beginning and the end of my troubleshooting skills.  

I ran into a similar problem recently when installing a KORG DSD capable DAC on my Windows 10 Intel NUC.  It did not work until I removed my previously installed Sony, and iFi USB drivers. Who'd a thunk?    Headphone Guru ran into the same issue on the D200

I would expect less compatibility issues using USB 2, and the D200 is supposed to use a pretty reliable USB chipset.  I am happy that at least the hub works.   I keep buying more DACs / Amps and the D200 sounds as good or better than any I have tried.

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #309 of 312
  Darn, that was near both the beginning and the end of my troubleshooting skills.  

I ran into a similar problem recently when installing a KORG DSD capable DAC on my Windows 10 Intel NUC.  It did not work until I removed my previously installed Sony, and iFi USB drivers. Who'd a thunk?    Headphone Guru ran into the same issue on the D200

I would expect less compatibility issues using USB 2, and the D200 is supposed to use a pretty reliable USB chipset.  I am happy that at least the hub works.   I keep buying more DACs / Amps and the D200 sounds as good or better than any I have tried.

Ok cool. Yep...I read that too. Thanks!

I really got this for a steal so I plan to keep it for a while. ...unless I see a really good deal on a Questyle CMA600i (https://www.moon-audio.com/questyle-audio-cma600i-dac-headphone-amplifier.html).

Yea...its really surprising about the dock...I did try several Anker USB hubs and they wouldn't work for DSD either...so confusing.

...and to be CLEAR...the ONLY thing that wont work is playing any DSD files...the D200 shows and switches to PCM 176 (when playing a DSD2.8/64), or 352 (when playing a DSD 5.6/128). Absolutely NO issues at all on the windows 7 PC.

Thanks, Brian

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #310 of 312
If this helps, here are my settings on JRiver v21 and that works on my desktop pc as well on brand new Alienware laptop:

JRiver's Playback Options accessed from the Player menu:

Driver Selection:

Device Settings:

DSP Studio:

Mar 15, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #311 of 312
Thank you for the info...

Well, I just tried a bunch of things and it seems to be working now. First, I tried all of the settings listed above and they work well. I did need to up the buffer time from 50ms to 100ms to get rid of some studder (when playing anything but DSD) but upping to 100ms solved that. What is odd is that when I use the above settings the DAC now displays everything as DSD.

What is even more odd is for some reason, NOW I can set to XMOS USB Audio [WASAPI] (which is what I was using before) and it NOW works fine both in the laptop's USB 2.0 ports and in the 2.0 ports on the dock...I'm really puzzled by this. I'm not sure what took place here to make this work now.

On separate note, if we use the listed settings in the post above (DSD in DoP format), wouldn't we be actually converting all DSD to PCM in Jriver first? 

Thank you for the help,

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back