Yulong Crystal DAC
Oct 27, 2006 at 9:42 AM Post #46 of 135
Why don't we wait until a headfier recieves the dac, he/she can open it up and take a photo...

Oct 27, 2006 at 11:56 AM Post #47 of 135
I have been looking for a DAC in this price range.
The feedback from the Beresford does not seem to be very objective and my paranoid mind leads me to believe that the positive feedback is fabricated by people having the incentive to do just that.
However if a reputable 500+ poster would confirm the initial positive sentiments i could change my mind.

The Yulong looks very promising and i would like to applaud digitalmind for suggesting taking orders from interested buyers here.
I would like to say that I am interested in this DAC and that I have no qualms putting money on your bank account before you order the DACs.
I live in norway so shipping charges would probably be about the same as netherlands (maybe a tad more expensive.)

Oct 27, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #49 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex
i'll be in china next week. so i'll try to find one in a audio shop and take a demo. hopefully i can do a A/B with zhaolu2.5.

Excellent

Oct 27, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #50 of 135
Great news!
I'm anxious to know what your impressions are
etysmile.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #52 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Are the Zhalou and Yulong Crystal better than a Lite DAC-AH?

Probably if it is an unmodded DAC-AH.

Oct 29, 2006 at 10:27 AM Post #54 of 135
Fan is taking too long to get back to my mails and is hard to talk to on MSN. I have no doubt that if we ordered from him we'd receive the dacs, but just getting some questions answered is proving difficult. I'm going to look for some other sellers today, and see what they can do if we order with a couple of people at once. Then again, people here have ordered from Fan (though I haven't seen that they received their dac yet), so Fan would atleast have some feedback whereas another seller wouldn't (not from this board, anyways).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slem
I have been looking for a DAC in this price range.
The feedback from the Beresford does not seem to be very objective and my paranoid mind leads me to believe that the positive feedback is fabricated by people having the incentive to do just that.
However if a reputable 500+ poster would confirm the initial positive sentiments i could change my mind.

The Yulong looks very promising and i would like to applaud digitalmind for suggesting taking orders from interested buyers here.
I would like to say that I am interested in this DAC and that I have no qualms putting money on your bank account before you order the DACs.
I live in norway so shipping charges would probably be about the same as netherlands (maybe a tad more expensive.)

Imo the Beresford has a very limited schematic and is very simple built. This doesn't have to be a bad thing though. However, the entire TC line are OEM machines and are sold by many different companies under many different lines, something we see alot with other cheap and often below average equipment. I had a TC-7something phono preamp once and it wasn't much. That doesn't mean that the Beresford isn't any good though, but compared to the Yu Long it looks very simple and cheap. Another thing to keep in mind is that in China this Yu Long is very expensive because of the low monthly wages. This thing would cost roughly a monthly salary if it were made and sold in Europe or America.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex
i'll be in china next week. so i'll try to find one in a audio shop and take a demo. hopefully i can do a A/B with zhaolu2.5.

That would be great! I'm not sure if the Yu Long is as common as the Zhaolu or other dacs out there though, and I don't know if you'll find it in a store. If you do though, be sure to write some impressions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Are the Zhalou and Yulong Crystal better than a Lite DAC-AH?

Don't know yet -- none of us has heard it yet. I wasn't impressed by the Zhaolu though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesserpanda
I see there are 2 choices of chips for Crystal DAC.

One is CS4397KSZ and the other one is CS43122

Any comment on both of the chips? Which is the strength and weakness of each?

Are you sure these aren't for different versions? Fan hasn't mentioned anything about this -- I'll look into it.

Oct 29, 2006 at 11:44 AM Post #55 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind

Imo the Beresford has a very limited schematic and is very simple built. This doesn't have to be a bad thing though. However, the entire TC line are OEM machines and are sold by many different companies under many different lines, something we see alot with other cheap and often below average equipment. I had a TC-7something phono preamp once and it wasn't much. That doesn't mean that the Beresford isn't any good though, but compared to the Yu Long it looks very simple and cheap. Another thing to keep in mind is that in China this Yu Long is very expensive because of the low monthly wages. This thing would cost roughly a monthly salary if it were made and sold in Europe or America.

That would be great! I'm not sure if the Yu Long is as common as the Zhaolu or other dacs out there though, and I don't know if you'll find it in a store. If you do though, be sure to write some impressions.

Don't know yet -- none of us has heard it yet. I wasn't impressed by the Zhaolu though...

there are so many rich ppl in china now days a lot of them dont even bother with chinese made DAC. if you read some of the erji.net posts many have very expensive DAC and headphone systems. i read in a newspaper which mentioned around 36% of the filty rich asians are chinese who has over 300milUSD worth of assets.
blink.gif

yeah finding one to demo is gonna be hard
frown.gif
i dont know if the city i;m staying in have any decent headphone stores. might need to make a trip to shenzhen, beijing to find all the sweet stuff
biggrin.gif

stock zhaolu isnt anything speical like many has said. but modded its a totally different story and thats one of the reasons its hyped so much on those boards. i have seen some modded yu long on sale on erji trade boards for little as $1600RMB $200USD?

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #58 of 135
Ok this amp is balanced, fan will ship it to us for:

1580RMB + 600RMB USA
1580RMB + 650RMB UK
1580RMB + 700RMB Rest of Europe

Oct 31, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #59 of 135
I am out unfortunately as I've got a plan for a simple balanced output stage to use in my Eastsound CD-E5 until I can get my hands on a ZapFilter. Looks like a nice DAC though... I look forward to reading impressions on it.
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #60 of 135

Users who are viewing this thread

Back