Yulong Crystal DAC
Nov 28, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #76 of 135
Any news on the DAC?

Nov 28, 2006 at 1:06 PM Post #77 of 135
At least one member that I know should've received it by now, but I haven't spoken to him yet. At the moment I'm really split between either the Musiland and this one so I'm definitely looking forward to his notes on it.

Nov 28, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #78 of 135
I will receive it this week, at saturday at the very latest.
Ill tell ye all when i get it
eggosmile.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #79 of 135
Are those Burr Brown OPA604 OpAmps on the Crystal? If i am not mistaken, the DAC chip should be interchangable rite? since it is installed on sockets and it says something like DIY 43122/4396/4397 at the back of it.

Has anyone tried the Yulong Mini DAC? How you think its gonna fair against the Crystal?

Nov 30, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #81 of 135
I just talked to Fan.
He said the DAC was sent and gave me a tracking number for DHL.
It was supposedly sent last monday making it near 2weeks now. Estimated shipping time is 5 working days.
The tracking number i got didnt check out at dhl.no
So i called dhl, nope didnt check out there either. Nothing on my name or senders name.
Then Fan logged out of msn.

I hope it is all just a bad coincidence, but im gettin nervous. Rapidly.

Nov 30, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #83 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just talked to Fan.
He said the DAC was sent and gave me a tracking number for DHL.
It was supposedly sent last monday making it near 2weeks now. Estimated shipping time is 5 working days.
The tracking number i got didnt check out at dhl.no
So i called dhl, nope didnt check out there either. Nothing on my name or senders name.
Then Fan logged out of msn.

I hope it is all just a bad coincidence, but im gettin nervous. Rapidly.

ugh..
rolleyes.gif

I ordered a few things from Asia, & they sent me a tracking number that didn't work but still got my goods..

Dec 2, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #84 of 135
I'ts been two weeks since fan sent me my dac, haven't recieved it yet.
I'm guessing its hold up in customs with a bunch of other stuff from china.

If you look at fans shop at taobao: fan @ taobao you can see that he has a lot of satisfied customers. If you cant read chinese, just run it trough google translation.

Dec 5, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #85 of 135
I got the DAC today. Boy was i happy! I have been quite nervous these last days, considering $350 is a bit of money for me.
It was packaged nicely and looks quite nice. I will take pics later and post if people want it.
I cant test it as of yet because of ramUSA taking forever to send the cables i ordered from them. I need this special mini-jack to coax digital cable to run from my x-fi card to the yulong crystal. Hope i will get it within a week.

Funny little sidestory...
I was working yesterday late nite so i slept until noon. Woke up, ate breakfast, took a shower, shaved and put on a facial mask. While surfing the net the doorbell rang. I thought who the hell can that be? Put on some jeans since i was nekkid and opened the door.
The dhl gave a funny smirk seeing me without t-shirt and a facial mask. I guess i must have appeared rather ultra-gay. Oh yeah and the jeans were these white tight armani jeans. LOL

Dec 5, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #87 of 135
so where can you buy this thing? or how do you contact him?

Dec 5, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #89 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess i must have appeared rather ultra-gay. Oh yeah and the jeans were these white tight armani jeans. LOL

"Thats hot" - Paris Hilton

btw, post some pics of the dac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back