YUIN, try them again or something else?
Oct 14, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Hi, ClieOS . I am considering the Sunrise As Feeling. I was considering the Yuin PK3 until I read about so many problems with the cable.Could you please tell me specifically how the As Feeling's cable compares to that of the PK3? Am I going to have a dead pair of earbuds 4 months down the line like so many have had with the Yuin series. Thank You.

The problem with Yuin is that the cable will harden up in time, making it prone to cracking. As to how fast the cable will harden up depends largely of the environment of use. I won't say AS-Feeling has vastly superior cable than Yuin, it is on par or slightly better. As for whether it will harden up in time, it is hard to say since I only have it for a few months. Though if cable hardening concerns you, there is a trick on prolonging the cable life. Just rub a tiny bit of Armor All Protectant Gel onto the cable from time to time and it will protect the cable rubber from hardening up too soon.

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I've actually decided to try a pair is Sunshine AS-Charm earbuds when they become available.

its available on ebay now
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #19 of 23
Note that I have had my Yuin for a long time now, at least 3~4 years. I won't know if they have change the cable material or not, but I did read a while ago that they have used a less-likely-to-harden cable, though I haven't seen one myself.

Oct 15, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #20 of 23
Sunrise earbuds is a good alternative. Build quality equal to the Yuin earbuds, slightly different tonality. Just finished the review of the Charm and the Feeling has been up for a week here: http://techpowerup.com/

Cheers,
Fred

Oct 15, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #22 of 23
The Yuin PK3s were the ONLY Yuin earbuds that ever broke on me. One channel went out on them. However, I bought 2 PK1s (1 was a good deal I couldn't pass up) and one OK1 that still work today. It's been 2 years already.

As far as I know, PK1 and OK1 have excellent quality and durability. Not for the PK3 that broke relatively quick, about one month (i really abuse my earbuds, such as shoving them into tight pockets and swinging them around like a whip)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back