Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Aug 25, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #586 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorwash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it does.

When did you purchase yours? I bought mine a few months ago, and it definitely does not have it.

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #587 of 779
About 3 weeks ago. I will see if I can find the cable and take a picture of it.

Sep 7, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #589 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by neco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys I just ordered a new pair of PK3's due to my last pair's right side crapping out on me due to the 3.5mm jack problem. The new pair looks like it has a re-designed jack with a more elastic rubber guard. I've included a pic and hopefully this new design with alleviate some of the problems with Yuin earphones dying out on one side or the other. Great to have these back really missed them while they MIA.

Edit: The new ones are on the left

IMG_0437.jpg

Has anyone else run into this? The right side of my PK3's went out but i assumed it was something wrong with the cable closer to the driver. After looking at this post i see that i have the same jack as the one on the right.

Sep 8, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #590 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duxxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone else run into this? The right side of my PK3's went out but i assumed it was something wrong with the cable closer to the driver. After looking at this post i see that i have the same jack as the one on the right.

yes, actually TWO of my PK3 pairs broke this way
frown.gif
both after about six months of (albeit quite heavy) use. in both cases the cable broke at the point where it leaves the jack, hopefully the new design fixes this problem. does anyone know if the jack on the PK2 has been changed too?

Sep 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #591 of 779
Why do these yuin pk3 sound soooo good! what do they put in it to give amazing sound quality....
The first thing I noticed about these was the mass, they are easily three times the weight of OEM (not heavy, they are ear-buds) these actually have magnets in em!

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #592 of 779
They are ported. First that I have seen on an earbud.

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #593 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duxxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This appears to be a mass issue. Mine died in the right channel as well just today after nearly 6 months of use! Cable issue, near the jack. Old-style jack (right one).

I just wrote Head-Direct about repair/change.

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #594 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do these yuin pk3 sound soooo good! what do they put in it to give amazing sound quality....
The first thing I noticed about these was the mass, they are easily three times the weight of OEM (not heavy, they are ear-buds) these actually have magnets in em!

After months of heavy use to and from work and gym 5 times a week.....they are just musical bliss to my ears
beyersmile.png
! I'm sure that there are better sounding ear phones out there but for the price you pay for these PK3's, you just can't go wrong.

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #595 of 779
in terms of sound ive been going back and forth between the g2a and the pk3's i listen to rock/metal what does everyone eahc of these for that kind of music..havt red nearly as much about the g2a's

Sep 30, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #596 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamloco724 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in terms of sound ive been going back and forth between the g2a and the pk3's i listen to rock/metal what does everyone eahc of these for that kind of music..havt red nearly as much about the g2a's

The PK3s are better for Rock/Metal.

Sep 30, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #597 of 779
anyone have problems with keeping these buds in..that use to be my problem with buds and why ive stayed away from them..but these get such great reviews that im going to try them out but just curious on other users expierences

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #598 of 779
Now with Yuin PK3 - Wow, these are great!

Sep 30, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #599 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamloco724 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone have problems with keeping these buds in..that use to be my problem with buds and why ive stayed away from them..but these get such great reviews that im going to try them out but just curious on other users expierences

I had the pk3's for a while and while I loved how they sounded I couldn't get them to stay in my ears. I prefer earbuds to iem's but I can never seem to get the right fit.

If I could figure out a way to keep the pk3's from falling out of my ears every 30 seconds I'd buy another pair in a heart beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back