Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #571 of 779
Ok, the pk3's are starting to sound better now after some burn in and it sounds really good using an amp, I paired it with my Portaphile V2^2 and noticed wider soundstage and much better SQ overall.

I'm impressed with the phones that came with my Zen Nano Plus thou, for a stock earphone it sounds good which led me to purchase the Pk3's as I was expecting a larger upgrade, anyone here own a Zen Nano Plus? The phones look similar in design to a Philips earphone I wonder if Zen phones were made my them.

Overall I think the PK3's are great specially for the price.

Jul 23, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #573 of 779
Bad News
frown.gif

I was really happy with my Pk3s until one day I decided to let my father try them out...and right after he put em on he told me that there is no bass...I was skeptical at first but when I tried them on, the bass has completely disappeared...

I dunno what happened...it seemed to be a driver problem...there was only treble, and absolutely no bass coming out of both earphones...they have only been through normal usage and they are now broken
frown.gif
... has anyone else encountered this problem?
In any rate I just ordered another pair :p

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #574 of 779
So i just received my PK3s today. I found myself using the donuts now rather than the full foamies. Just like the quarter mod idea for the ksc75, the donuts allowed the mids and treble to come out. Furthermore, i felt that when i tried on the full foamies, the bass got stronger, almost a little bit intrusive. I'll let them burn in over night...maybe things will change...also love the cord update
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #575 of 779
I felt the same, but after a little burn-in, although I still use the donuts, I feel the bass is less intrusive. The treble is still recessed a bit with the foams on but the foams keep them in place while traveling, which is why I bought these.

*edit*
Also I should say that I hacked them onto the iphone 3GS cable so that I can use the remote capabilities. So I do not know how much of a sonic impact that has... so far, they still sound as good as with the original cable. These buds sound very good but I still do not hear the treble sibilance others are talking about. I like the soundstage... eh, soundstage in an earbud
normal_smile .gif

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #576 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorwash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...These buds sound very good but I still do not hear the treble sibilance others are talking about...:

I agree. I don't hear any either. Going back to the donuts, i found them to stay in place a lot better now compared to the ones that came with my broken pk3s...which is a plus!
icon10.gif
they seem to fit tighter and not as stretchy..hehe.

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #577 of 779
I've had my Yuin PK3 for about 4weeks now,
I thought I'd burn them last night-alnight, and I was shocked at how much better they sound.
They must have had about 100hrs already, plus 12hrs just last night has made such a difference to the SQ..WOW!!
I'm gona burn them every night now, until improvement stops or I can't hear it!!
WOW!!

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #578 of 779
You would have gotten the same "burn in" effect just by sleeping and doing nothing else.

Some days when I drive my car to work it just feels different. The engine seems smoother and the handling is great. And I don't have to leave the engine running all night for this to happen.

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #580 of 779
So I bought these Belkin foams at my local Borders last week. They come in different colors (red, gray, blue, yellow and black) and fit very nicely on the pk3s. I think they are thinner than the ones supplied by Yuin, which is actually better because now I use these foams and the bass isn't intrusive at all, plus adds a splash of retro yellow
smily_headphones1.gif
. Now I just need to get Sennheiser 414 pads for my grados to match haha!

happy listening!

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #584 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Niguel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello. Does Yuin Pk3's have similar tighten thing like Apple's earphones? I hope that the picture will help
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes the PK3 has the similar tighten thing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niguel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great, thanks
regular_smile .gif

Um, no it doesn't.

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #585 of 779
Yes it does.