Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Mar 10, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #376 of 779
i got them on.. just got back from the gym, these are definitely a drastic upgrade from my apple earbuds..

i'm VERY satisfied.. for only $40 too!!

if these sound this good to me already, i cant even imagine how some higher-end models sound!

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #377 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got them on.. just got back from the gym, these are definitely a drastic upgrade from my apple earbuds..

if these sound this good to me already, i cant even imagine how some higher-end models sound!

Sure there are higher end models out there....but these lil bad boys hold their own! You seem to be impressed as much as i was, lol! Go and get yourself that clip....you'll be very pleased with that setup!
darthsmile.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #379 of 779
2 questions for u guys..

how durable are the pk3s? will a hard accident tug on the cords cause any damage?

also, i was messing around with the itunes EQ settings, i put the preamp to +12db and it gave this weird distorted sound on my pk3s... do u guys think this caused any damage?

thanks

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #380 of 779
Relax man. Time will tell. This is why $39 headphones rock! Imagine doing that stuff to your $500 Shures! I just caught my marshmallows on the oven handle AGAIN... They soldier on, cannot destroy them...

What are you doing up at 4am? Are you in Europe? name sounds Dutch...

BTW I just ordered PK3, 10min ago.

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #381 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone compared these to the new OK3s?

I had the OK3s and the PK3s (twice), and the OK3s sound about the same, perhaps a little improvement on the mids/highs. However, the OK3s are rounder, less tapered and hurt with prolonged wear (at least to me). Check the photos on head-direct.com, so you can compare the two designs. Plus, that alleged canal phone system with the OK3s is perhaps one of the worst inventions ever in headphones. Does not work, at all.

Mar 10, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #382 of 779
Just got my PK3's yesterday, and I, like many others am thoroughly impressed. I needed a non-isolating set of earphones for work, and the Yuins perform very nicely for this task. Borat said it best...

25i0l61.jpg

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #384 of 779
Just got my PK3s earlier today, and after a few hours of listening, and I'm really impressed for the price. Much better than the standard buds I was using...which wasn't too often, but now I might have to start listening to more music in situations where earbuds are my only option.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #386 of 779
Quote:

I hear ya, they are great, but curiosity got this cat and high end models do sound much better. However, the PK3s do some things almost as good as mor expensive IEMs and have their merit.

Quote:

2 questions for u guys..

how durable are the pk3s? will a hard accident tug on the cords cause any damage?

also, i was messing around with the itunes EQ settings, i put the preamp to +12db and it gave this weird distorted sound on my pk3s... do u guys think this caused any damage?

thanks

1) I use my PK3s when I clean the kitchen after dinner, but still want to be able to hear the family. I have snagged the cord countless times on the upper tray of the dishwasher, but haven't damaged them and I have yanked them out of the HP socket before!

2) Depends on the volume level, but more than likely not. When I had my Icon Mobile I would listen at full volume from HP out and forget to lower the volume when plugged in via USB (I know, I know) and haven't damaged any headphones.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #387 of 779
I just received my PK3s 2 days ago, 7 days from purchase to receipt. Pretty good.
Great sound. Even better than my KSC75s. I also have a pair of PK2s, and they definitly sound different. I think I like the PK2 sound better. However, I purchased them pretty new in the product cycle and they have a defect. The wire from the point where they split and go to each bud has become very stiff. As a result, they pull themselves out of my ears. I had put them in a drawer for a long time and only recently decided to replace them. Too bad the warranty is so short on the Yuin headphones (90 days). The PK3s have much different cable and I don't think this will be problem.

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #389 of 779
Quote:

PK3 owners:

does everyone listen to them with the donuts? i took them off today for fun and i kinda like it.. am i crazy? lol

Probably not. I always use the full pads for a fuller bass. Still sounds OK bare, but too bright sounding IMO.

Mar 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #390 of 779
D'oh! I immediately went for the donut pads thinking it was the best, gonna try them with full pads and no pads next time

got to admit, bass is ok, but not a huge step ahead of other earbuds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back