Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #361 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PK3s for sure. You will definitely be missing the bass extension necessary for rap/hip-hop in the PK2.

Man, I've had my PK3 for less than a month and they've already started to create some static on the bass notes at higher volumes.
Kind of annoying, may be sending it back to Fang.

Damn, i hope i dont run into this
frown.gif
, i dont know if i get any warranty from where i've bought mine

Mar 6, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #362 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for posting those pictures with the doughnuts on the PK3s. My doughnuts came with the inner part stuck together and I tied pulling them apart but didn't succeed. After I saw you pic I tried harder and they came apart. Does everyone's doughnuts come sealed (no opening to put the buds in)?

And I am loaning my PK3s to a friend who's first comment after hearing them was "Wow, earbuds with bass, these things sound amazing. You are going to make me buy these now!" He is, well was a stock iPod earbud user.

I believe my doughnuts came like that as well. I just slightly pulled them apart and quite easily put the bud in.

So far, everyone who has listened to them have been very impressed with my Pk3's. My gf was trying to make me feel bad because I wouldn't give mine to her. I told her I'll get them for her but shes going to have to wait for hers, lol!
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #364 of 779
Ok, sorry, here's kind of a fatuous comparison request. How do the PK3 compare to the denon c751? The denons are 2.5x as expensive but seems they've fallen off the FOTM heap while the PK3 have permanent residency there.

The denons are my point of reference. I'd like to improve on them and am attracted by the PK's $39 price, consistent praise, and ease of use. As house phones I won't need good isolation. Do the PK3 keep up w/ the Denons? Or should I just cave and get Monster Turbines?

Oh BTW, they're for acoustic jazz like Mr. Shorter played, Thanks

PPS, I like the 751s but find them kind of dark and blubbery - loose base... actually I like them fine. The new phones would be for a secondary player - replacing the sony ex-82 that came w/ my A818.

Mar 9, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #365 of 779
Well, I am a big PK3 fan, but I never liked the Denons, to be honest. To me, if you are going to get the Turbines, you won't need the Denons (cause you will want to listen to the Turbines).

So to me, the PK3s, with a couple of days of burn-in and with the donuts, are the perfect phones for your needs.

Mar 9, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #366 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I am a big PK3 fan, but I never liked the Denons, to be honest. To me, if you are going to get the Turbines, you won't need the Denons (cause you will want to listen to the Turbines).

So to me, the PK3s, with a couple of days of burn-in and with the donuts, are the perfect phones for your needs.

I like the logic!

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #368 of 779
i just got my pk3's in the mail!!

how do i get those donut things on? not sure how it's suppose to go...

and what is that copper adapter thing that they include?

also, how long should these burn in for? should i just leave them playing overnight?

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #369 of 779
The doughnuts need to be pulled apart in the middle to open the seal, then just slide them on, it took me few minutes to figure out. The adapter is not needed if your just using it with your shuffle, and if I were you I wouldn't bother burning them in, just put them in and enjoy.

Oh and give us your impression of them, I just listened to mine at work all day (got them friday) and I find them extremely comfortable compared to iems.

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #371 of 779
awesome, I ordered an e5 also, and I am hoping it will be an improvement, but if not, I plan on using it to bring more bass to my grado sr60's.
I would lose my mind if grado came out with iem's.

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #374 of 779
I ordered mine from headdirect and I live in the us, so I expect about 5 day shipping. Just keep messing with the donuts you will get them on their soon enough, it takes a few attempts, just make sure you get the inner part separated

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #375 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ugh.. i cant get these donuts on.. can someone give me some tips?

Takes some eye hand coordination. Don't worry if you stretch them a little bit, they have too stretching abilities. Try to just get one little bit on and then just try to pull the whole other side over the rest of the earbud. Not sure if that helped at all......... but good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back