Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #331 of 779
Oh joy! Got mine today and, as advertised, they sound great! So how do you guys rock these? Naked, doughnut cushion or full cushion? Is it strictly whatever feels best to you? Is there any downside sq wise going with the full cushion? You might say, 'put em' on and find out!'. I get that but I'm just looking for the opinions of audiophiles which I am not.

Mar 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #333 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by blag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh joy! Got mine today and, as advertised, they sound great! So how do you guys rock these? Naked, doughnut cushion or full cushion? Is it strictly whatever feels best to you? Is there any downside sq wise going with the full cushion? You might say, 'put em' on and find out!'. I get that but I'm just looking for the opinions of audiophiles which I am not.

Awesome! Yeah, I too use the donut pads because they give more bass. Although they are scratchy not in the physical sense, but I mean when you move around during quiet passages, they make it sound like small crackles are in the music.

Mar 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #335 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummmm, donuts....

I don't know what you call em'. The little pads that just go around the edges (and look like tiny doughnuts) as opposed to the ones that cover the whole speaker.

Mar 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #336 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by blag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know what you call em'. The little pads that just go around the edges (and look like tiny doughnuts) as opposed to the ones that cover the whole speaker.

Yeah, donuts. Be patient with them though, because putting them on can be a tad frustrating at first.
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #337 of 779
Got em' on after a bit and they feel comfortable. Listening to 'Lebanese Blonde' by Thievery Corporation right now. Wow! I tried switching back and forth between my pk3's, my stock ipod buds and some $40 Sony IEM's I got 4 my wife (don't know the model). The Sony's were by far the worst IMO. I never knew what I was missing. This is great!
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #339 of 779
You can most definitely add another WWOOOWWW to this thread! These earbuds are in another league compared to the ones that came with the Clip. Thank you all for steering me in the right direction!

IMG_2932-1.jpg

IMG_2933-1.jpg

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #341 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrooveRite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry about the links on the bottom of the pics. I couldn't figure out what link to post without them. I'll have to try another host.

**EDIT** Fixed!
normal_smile .gif

Haha, your pictures still got owned.
icon10.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #344 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrooveRite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't see them?!?
confused_face_2.gif

Nope, not I either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back