Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #301 of 779
Hey tstarn, thanks again for recommending the PK3, great addition for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Give them a few days of pink noise or something. They get better in my view. And I understand the bud thing on getting the right angle. Some people can't wear buds cause they bump the outer ear and hurt with extended use. The OK3s did that for me, which is why I returned to the PK3s, which have a smoother, less dramatic edge. Also, you can try them without the pads, but I don't like that sound (more like the PK2s).

Unfortunately these hurt my ears...I started with no pad, then added the pad, and not sure if my ear was already hurting, so they hurt, or if they will still hurt with the pad. I am trying to figure out how to put get a silicon cover, or maybe soft foam. I tried expanding a foam earplug around the edge, but the foam ripped. But I do really like the sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had them on last night with my cheap E5 and the Clip, and they sounded fantastic. I love these little buggers. For a poor college student who wants good sound, they can't be beat (I am not a poor college student, but I was thinking that as I listened). A cheap 2GB DAP and a pair of these, way under $100 for great SQ.

While the clip is cheap, it does have great sound quality. I have 2 cheap DAPs which now sound unlistenable, they are so bad. I also have an old Creative DAP, which is better, but still not in the same class (and the largest memory card it will take is 64MB). I am looking for a used Clip in the $15 range.

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #302 of 779
Yeah, I hear you on the ear pain. I had the same issue with the OK3s. Some folks just can't wear buds due to ear design unless the buds are really small (and not many are). Does the same thing happen with iPod buds (the pain, I mean??

If you think these are bad, the OKs are worse (even larger rims). So it sucks that you are having those fit problems. Not much you can do about that, unless your ears toughen up or something. I didn't know if that would be an issue or not for you.

Feb 14, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #303 of 779
The pk3's are fantastic. I just got them to use while skiing, but I like them so much I'm using them for everything else as well. They hurt pretty bad without the pads but with the pads I forget they are in.

Feb 15, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #305 of 779
Wow. Just got a pair. Perfect cheap, nonfussy portables. Anybody want my PX100s?

Honestly, I'm sort of in shock. I wasn't expecting to like them more than the PX100s I keep around for portable use/work. But the PK3s fix that boomy bass and bring the details out a bit more, without sacrificing too much soundstage. Actually-- these are nicely forward and coherent in their imaging, too (compared to the PX100s).

Wow, again. These little guys are gonna get a ton of use.

Feb 25, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #307 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by blag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered my PK3's last night on the advise of TheMarchingMule. Can't wait to get em'!

Oh boy, do I feel responsible.
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #308 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh boy, do I feel responsible.
tongue.gif

It's OK, these earbuds don't disappoint.

Love my pair too.

Feb 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #309 of 779
Wow, another Gizmo owner. Moseboy has one too. I am sort of shocked to see anyone else have one. Got mine for $89. Awesome amp/deal. I don't have a sub hooked up yet, but using a pair of 40-year-old KLH speakers with the Gizmo, and they sound great (Zune80 as source).

Sorry to hijack. Back to PK3, in the same "great value" bucket as the Gizmo!

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #311 of 779
See link. They are $111 now, shipped. Just as background, they are a Class D amp, like the T-Amp, but much better speaker plugs, build quality, and a pre-out for the sub. Also, speakers need at least 89-90db rating in order to drive them properly. But wow, what sound!

Hope they are still in stock. The maker is out of the biz, but they had some left when I last checked the forum.

Again, back to the wonderful PK3.

https://tweakcityaudio.com/index.php...id=18&Itemid=1

Feb 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #313 of 779
Saw your street crossing post. People who got them for $25 got them in a group buy a long, long time ago from Head-Direct (I was one of them, but gave that pair to a friend). Unless there is someplace else selling them that cheaply. $39 is pretty much the going rate, I believe.

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #314 of 779
Is the cord material an issue? I read somewhere a few pages ago that its sticky or something. Probably made from recycled motor oil or something. I think sony had an issue w/ their ex51 some years ago and it looked like a real deal killer. Cord would eventually disintegrate. Not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back