Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Oct 19, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #106 of 779
hey thanks!!! Think I'll buy them soon,

not sure if I should wait for another group buy tough.

thanks again
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #109 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PK3s are freaking awesome. I got them to last me though the wait for my sf5's RMA and they don't disappoint! They sound fantastic just straight out of my 1st gen shuffle. IMO they require some burn in t get rid of the infra-sound and tighten up the bass slightly.

I only have maybe 10 hours on mine now and they are a little peaky. I hope this calms down.They are starting to sound better though. My 225's didn't sound that good at first either.

Oct 20, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #110 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe they are. Ask Fang for the Y cord when you order (email head-direct).

Are you serious? Dang I wanted a Y-cord to begin with, I don't like the J-cord too much

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #111 of 779
Hey guys how your pk3 evolve with time? First when I listened them, I thought that they are really not that good, lacking bass and no so enjoyable. Now, after about 80h (half with pink noise) my thoughts are way different. I can listen them without anything pissing me of with the sound. Bass is maybe even little too much for me, but i can live with that. Now I'm looking ahead for pk1+minibox-e combo, just yet not sure about the minibox...

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #112 of 779
Check the MiniboxE reviews in the Amp section. Wow. I just ordered one for my PK1/PK3 combo (and other phones as well). Seems like a fine value for $149 even. Getting both for $249...tremendous value.

Time to pink noise my PK3s for 24 hours or so. But I think they sound pretty good already.

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #113 of 779
Yep I have read that, it seems to be good amp for its value. But still, 249$ (or 175e, thank you euro vs. dollar..
biggrin.gif
) is pretty much money for me, and I'm still wondering how headsix sounds compared minibox-e..

Well they sound pretty good out of box, but I found bass improved to my ears after pink noise..

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #114 of 779
woohoo just received my pk3's today! I'll mainly be using these straight out of my tbaam on my laptop when I'm not at home, and when I'm home, these will get some playtime through my porta corda along with my es7/sf5p/ksc75. They're sounding pretty good so far right out of the box. I'll let them burn in over night and try em again tomorrow.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #115 of 779
Just listened to my PK3's today. Isn't there some kind of law (of physics or something) against $25 headphones sounding this good? I really like the PK3. Can't wait to see how much they'll improve with burn-in.

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #117 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just listened to my PK3's today. Isn't there some kind of law (of physics or something) against $25 headphones sounding this good? I really like the PK3. Can't wait to see how much they'll improve with burn-in.

I'm with you. Is there a better bargain at $25 in phones? I don't think so. Even at 39, they are at the top SQ-wise. I guess because they are ear buds, they are not as popular as IEMs or canal phones, but I still can't believe their sound. I have the PK1s, and while they offer a smoother, more refined sound for sure, the PK3s really aren't that much behind, especially when amped. I am trying to convince anyone I know to get a pair of PK3s. I might sound over-zealous, but in this case, it's not just hyperbole (or a flavor of the month thing). I use the donuts pads, with two holes, and they work fine for me. Might try the full pads, but why mess with success.

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #118 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good earbuds, but the wire's qulity is not so good, always become hard.

Is that still a problem? I just recived mine a few days ago and was thinking about ordering a second pair, but if the wireproblem persists I'm not so sure..

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #120 of 779
Just bought another pair to my friend, they are so sweet with my 1gen shuffle, so portable..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back