Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #77 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by rajan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you think the PK2 with the impedance adaptor should be compared to the PK1 ---> both amped?

That may be more of an experiment than with the PK3's. There is no way the PK3's are just PK1's without the impedance. I highly doubt that the PK2's with impedance will be EXACTLY PK1's however. It's worth a shot though.

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #79 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all...I have both, and the PK3 has much more bass than the PK1. The PK1's also sound MUCH better even if unamped. This is not just because of impedance.

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=5
http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=2

If you look the technical specs, you can easily see they are nowhere the same thing.

That's exactly my point. In my PK3 with impedance, the bass is more extended and sound is more natural, not that forward. Extended bass is one of the characteristics of adding impedance. You can ask any of the Etys guys. Thank you for your comment, that' all I wanted to know.

TURBO

Aug 30, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #80 of 779
I just wanted to chime in on this PK3 appreciation! I love these little earbuds. I cannot believe how good they sound straight out of an Iaudio X5! I know that there are better headphones but these really shine in their own way. Very musical and very detailed! May have to run from this place before upgraditis strikes. It amazes me that this bud is 30 dollars.

Thanks,
Todd

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #81 of 779
Another new PK3 owner and i'm amazed by its bang for buck value.
I just tried it amped by iBasso D1 with iPod video dock line out yesterday and the improvement is not subtle at all. Might be tempted to try its big brother PK1 soon.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #82 of 779
At first I was going to get the PK1s... but I really don't want to carry an amp so I decided on the PK2s but after reading all this... the PK3s seem like what I really want LOL

Aww.. damn... and I was so determined in getting the PK2s...

Aug 30, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #83 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaspert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another new PK3 owner and i'm amazed by its bang for buck value.
I just tried it amped by iBasso D1 with iPod video dock line out yesterday and the improvement is not subtle at all. Might be tempted to try its big brother PK1 soon.

for me i felt that the sound of PK1+D1>PK1+PPAv2
orphsmile.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #85 of 779
hi, wanna ask how are the new IEMs mylar3 and mylar XB's SQ compared to the pk3 and pk2? i havent been using 'normal' earphones ever since my first IEM couple years ago, wondering if the Yuin series would be better than the Mylar series?

Sep 20, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #86 of 779
How well does PK3 block out noise? I mean, I know they're not intended for that purpose, but still, if you have your music on at a moderate level, does it drain out the outside world pretty well?

They don't leak out noise and stuff, do they?

Are they pretty durable? (As in throw it in your pocket and go)

Sep 20, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #87 of 779
My PK3 just came in today, and despite all the positive reviews, I couldn't help but still be amazed when I heard them. My brain still has difficulty accepting that it is indeed possible to hear such quality from earbuds, but whenever I put them on, there's no doubt that it sounds great
biggrin.gif
. What most amuses me about the PK3 is that I can now add a pair of earbuds to the list of headphones I like more than the Bose triport
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #88 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by gee bake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How well does PK3 block out noise? I mean, I know they're not intended for that purpose, but still, if you have your music on at a moderate level, does it drain out the outside world pretty well?

They don't leak out noise and stuff, do they?

Are they pretty durable? (As in throw it in your pocket and go)

They don't provide very much isolation IMHO. I don't think any earbuds do.

But they do seem to be pretty durable. The only problem I've found so far is that they shed the foam pads pretty quickly.

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #89 of 779
For a decent idea of how much the PK3 isolates, put on some ipod earbuds... or any earbud for that matter
tongue.gif

The lack of isolation does have a big advantage for me though. I tried running with the PK3 today and found I liked it more than running with an IEM. Running with IEMs isn't very good for me. The sounds of my breathing, heartbeat, and feet pounding on the track are extremely loud. The PK3 didn't suffer from any of this. Of course, I had to poke my fingers at the PK3 every now and then to keep them in place, but I had to do that when running with IEMs anyway.

Oct 1, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #90 of 779
Got my PK3 today, very good value. Has enough bass, less than the KSC75 but still plenty. I wonder how they will open up in 100 hours. I'm using the standard pads, not donut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back