Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #46 of 779
Well, I got mine a couple weeks ago, and wasn't really that impressed when I first listened to them, so I put them away for a while to concentrate on my new Ultrasones.

But I brought them back out today to give them a try, and - wow - these are actually pretty damn good! What really struck me is that they have an amazing soundstage for earbuds, and they're so open and airy I have a hard time believing that the sound is coming from something nestled in my earlobe. The bass is quite impressive for their size as well, and the rest of the frequency spectrum is certainly present and detailed.

I'm really surprised at how much improvement I heard when I plugged then into my GoVibe V5S, though! The soundstage grew, all the notes became clearer and more distinct, and they were less congested than when driven straight out of any headphone jack I tried them with. Very impressive.

Jun 6, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #48 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I now have all three (Pk1,2 & 3) and I must say that sound and value wise the
Pk3 are outstanding.....i actually prefere them to the PK2...

Interesting, can you elaborate on why you prefer the sound of the PK3 to the PK2? I was considering the PK2 before...

Jun 6, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #49 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, can you elaborate on why you prefer the sound of the PK3 to the PK2? I was considering the PK2 before...

For me the PK2 are lacking in the bass departmnet when used directly with a DAP. Were as the PK3 bass is very good. The midds on the PK2 are better than the PK3 but can become a little to strong ( have a look at the PK1/PK2 theard for more on this). The main thing is for the money/value the pk3 are excellant until you can get the PK1
very_evil_smiley.gif

Really the one to get is PK1
evil_smiley.gif
with a amp WOW......

BTW THe gtoup buy mighy stll be going only $20 or so ...BARGIN (get both PK2 & PK3)....

Jun 7, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #50 of 779
Can anyone provide a link to buy these - I live in the UK but my brother lives in the US and can buy them for me. Sorry if I have missed this link from a previous thread.

Thanks again.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #51 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happytab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone provide a link to buy these - I live in the UK but my brother lives in the US and can buy them for me. Sorry if I have missed this link from a previous thread.

Thanks again.

Word.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #52 of 779
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting these but am not sure if I'll use them a lot (the curse)

How do these stack up to the px100's? and are they any good for cycling and jogging? The px100's are very warm during summer
frown.gif
I love their bass
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #54 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happytab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are these ok for an Ipod - do they have sufficent Bass?

Does anyone know how they compare to the PK2 for SQ?

Thanks again.

Happytab, the poster "smith" compared the sound of the PK3 and PK2 a few posts up. He said the PK3 had more bass and tamer mids than the PK2 without an amp. I might order a pair of PK3s at the end of the summer, no reason to use earbuds with an amp IMO.

Jun 7, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #55 of 779
Yeah, the pk2's are suposed to be too upfront in the mids at times.... and bass lacking.

Still wonder how they stack up to px100's or what their signature is like (Grado , Sennheiser, AKG)

Jun 19, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #57 of 779
OK so my PK3 arrived on Friday (I only ordered them on Monday and they had to ship from US to UK - top service from HeadDirect) and here are my first impressions:

This is kind of difficult as I am no audiophile and don't understand half the terms used on this forum.

The packaging is great - best I have seen for any earphone/headphone product I have purchased so far.

Comfort - this is the main reason I bought these, I have some CX300's and I find them very fatiguing after about 45 mins. I think its just the feeling of pressure in my ears that gets uncomfortable after a time. These are buds so there is nothing to worry about on that front. With the foam covers on they seem comfortable enough.

Sound quality - compared to the CX300's there is definately less bass - but that is the problem with all buds I think. I like the sound they deliver to be honest it seems well balanced and kind of rich.

The only slight worry for me is that I am begininning to suspect that I have a slight muting on the left side - might be my paranoia but there you go.

Not the most technically gifted review you will ever see but there you go.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back