Yuin G2A or Audio Technica ATH-EM7 GM
Jul 17, 2010 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tzjin

500+ Head-Fier
Recently I have decided to purchase a clip on headphone suitable for running and my active lifestyle. Currently, I am deciding between the Yuin G2A and the Audio Technica ATH-EM7 GM.
In general, the Yuins seem to have slightly better sound quality and decent bass but have bad clips. There are many mixed reviews about the ATH-EM7 GM's. Most say the highs and mids are good, but people disagree on whether the bass is too weak or decent with an EQ. Right now, I am leaning towards the AtH-EM7 GM's because they have a better clip, look better, and are easier to obtain.
Any recommendations or experience with these clip ons? Also if someone could clear up the ATH-EM7 GM bass issue, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 2
I do not have any experience with the EM7's, but I do have the G2As.  I really like the Yuins a lot.  I listen to them at lunch everyday.  big sound for a little clip on.  Good solid bass.  But, if you are talking about using these for running, I would not recommend them at all.  The clips are very free moving.  They are perfectly fine if you're not moving or being too active.  If you were going to use the Yuin's for running, I would say replace the clips with an over the head mod for sure.  The sound is really good though.

You might even look into Sony's clip on headphones.  I use them for running nearly everyday.  The springs in the clips are great.  They hold in place perfectly.  You will not get the sound quality of the Yuin, but you will get a good firm hold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back