Youtube Reviews of Headphones
Feb 27, 2011 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tyoung8

500+ Head-Fier
I have been looking at headphone reviews on youtube.  Thing is that when I was buying my pc speakers, I could hear the actual sound from the speakers they tested to hear how good they are but on headphone reviews, there isn't any that try to record the music from the headphones.

I wonder if it would be possible to get a decent mic to record the actual sound from a headphone for a youtube review so that the sound is adequately represented?  Or would you need really expensive recording equipment to do it justice?

Feb 27, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't understand?

If that was done, all you'd be hearing would be the sound, as portrayed by you current audio setup, which would be nowhere near as accurate of a representation as listening to them physically.

Youtube videos are usually used as a visual representation. Usually the users broadcast a review alongside the showcasing, though I've never heard of what you mention. (other than that one video that showed how much open headphones leak)

Or did I misunderstand your question?

Feb 27, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I don't understand?

If that was done, all you'd be hearing would be the sound, as portrayed by you current audio setup, which would be nowhere near as accurate of a representation as listening to them physically.

Youtube videos are usually used as a visual representation. Usually the users broadcast a review alongside the showcasing, though I've never heard of what you mention. (other than that one video that showed how much open headphones leak)

Or did I misunderstand your question?

This.

Most reviews are about how the material and the headphones feel in general, any points to be notified and the user's review on them.

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 5
I think what he was trying to say is...

"How can you tell how good a pair of HD800's is through your crappy computer speakers?"

That's what head-fi is for....

Here's a good place to start...
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/540545/review-akg-k-701-kicas-caliente-w-pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back