You're all crazy IMO
Aug 2, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #91 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosquito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should add though, my HD580 are growing on me by the hour lol,

There you have it, welcome to the insane club. Insanity creeps up on you slowly.
beerchug.gif

Quote:

i am thinking maybe...sennheisers are just not the sound that I am looking for, and that I need something more forward...who knows

There you have it. Each type of headphone IS different. You've just admitted it.
ph34r.gif

Here are a few things for you to note dosquito:
  1. Avoid blanketing statements. Just because you have more songs than some of us does not mean that you like music more than us. I can say that I like music more since I prefer quality over quantity thus have been selective and keep less songs than you.
    Oh, and people are not crazy just because they don't see things your way.
    angry_face.gif
  2. Synergy is key.
  3. Everything in audio is relative. EVERYTHING. It all depends on what your prior experience and reference point is.
    wink_face.gif

You remind me of a friend I have.
regular_smile .gif
rolleyes.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #94 of 260
I've spent money on worse things. Lots of worse things. Things I didn't even really want but bought it anyway for some reason, like an action figure of Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3 just so I could get it signed by Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa. Or a signed print by the late Michael Turner. Or a book at list price just to be signed by Jacqueline Carey. Those are all things I will get much less practical use out of than my headphones and amps. I like them all anyway.

Just ask yourself at the end of the day: do you enjoy it? If it's a yes, then it's money well spent.

Aug 2, 2008 at 10:02 AM Post #95 of 260
you come into one of the largest online communities on the web

waste ur energy on reading posts...upgrading ur headphones and spending ur money... oh and let me get this straight ..u have an amp..?

then u post a thread about 'us being crazy'

and then log on numerous time, again wasting ur energy posting on a forum full of people u disagree with fundementally.

...right

i judge people by their actions.

urs tell me ur clueless.

ohh and u enjoy music...in generel or u like listening to it? on what coby ? u bullcrapping us arnt u ...u have no high end gear at all. u listen to the spice girls on ur coby

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #96 of 260
Sure, there may be some crazy people here, but I come from a hobby that has far more crazies. Shooting. I would go blow 50$ a trip to poke holes in paper 30 feet away. Not to mention the gun, which was 500$ + earplugs 5$ glasses 12$ new cleaning kit 20$ heavier bullets +4$ per 50. Then I started reloading my own ammo, foolishly thinking it would save me money. I'm just going to get upset with myself if I start listing how much money I spent on shooting.

Honestly, if I had found this website first, I'd be a lot better off financially. As far as hobbies that end in -phile, this one is rather tame. And it's something you can do every day, in your own home, whenever you want, however you want. (that paragraph didn't sound as creepy in my head)
I say this only because now 3 months ago I almost applied for credit so I could get a 2000$ gun. That only runs on ammo you can't buy anywhere near where I live. I feel blessed to have found another hobby to blow all my not-so-disposable income(because its soooo much cheaper).

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #98 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by lynxkcg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, there may be some crazy people here, but I come from a hobby that has far more crazies. Shooting. I would go blow 50$ a trip to poke holes in paper 30 feet away. Not to mention the gun, which was 500$ + earplugs 5$ glasses 12$ new cleaning kit 20$ heavier bullets +4$ per 50. Then I started reloading my own ammo, foolishly thinking it would save me money. I'm just going to get upset with myself if I start listing how much money I spent on shooting.

Honestly, if I had found this website first, I'd be a lot better off financially. As far as hobbies that end in -phile, this one is rather tame. And it's something you can do every day, in your own home, whenever you want, however you want. (that paragraph didn't sound as creepy in my head)
I say this only because now 3 months ago I almost applied for credit so I could get a 2000$ gun. That only runs on ammo you can't buy anywhere near where I live. I feel blessed to have found another hobby to blow all my not-so-disposable income(because its soooo much cheaper).

Shooting + Nice Closed Cans =
smily_headphones1.gif
?

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #99 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you come into one of the largest online communities on the web

waste ur energy on reading posts...upgrading ur headphones and spending ur money... oh and let me get this straight ..u have an amp..?

then u post a thread about 'us being crazy'

and then log on numerous time, again wasting ur energy posting on a forum full of people u disagree with fundementally.

...right

i judge people by their actions.

urs tell me ur clueless.

ohh and u enjoy music...in generel or u like listening to it? on what coby ? u bullcrapping us arnt u ...u have no high end gear at all. u listen to the spice girls on ur coby

Sigh.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #102 of 260
I don't think this hobby's bad or full of cr@p. Sure there are people who like to exaggerate things way too much but as long as you do your home work and know your limits, you wouldn't fall for over-hyped products or flavor of the month products, and can have quality equipments without getting a second mortgage. I think I spent about a little more than a grand to build my rig and I can honestly say it was all worth it.

On a side note, ever since I started this hobby, I probably spent more money on Music than my equipments so it sure helped me appreciate music more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #104 of 260
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

If you don't upgrade your equipment you can't have any pudding, how can you have any pudding if you don't upgrade your equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back