You're all crazy IMO
Aug 1, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #16 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's your source?

If you have garbage going in, you'll get garbage going out...
smily_headphones1.gif

source is "The Bloat" usb dac by hippohifi. all of my music is 192 kbps or higher, and i have a few dozen albums in apple lossless

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #17 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosquito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly. i truly believe lots of the guys on here don't even like music. I have 12,000 songs on my itunes. I spent $350 so I could ENJOY THE MUSIC THAT I LIKE MORE, which I don't really regret. I think it was a good investment, but don't expect any huge differences if you're a normal person.

Liking music and liking better gear are not mutually exclusive interests. Just because somebody geeks out on their equipment doesn't mean they enjoy music less than you do.

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #18 of 260
Quote:

Also, on the subject of "soundstage"

I really have no idea what this means.

I know what soundstage is.

In my friend's car, with a stock audio system, there is a great soundstage. It sounds like the music is playing on top of the car. The drums are on the left, vocalist in the middle, ETC. On headphones, I don't see how there could possibly be soundstage. There are two channels - left and right.

so could someone please explain to me what soundstage is?

Get a better source, and slightly better headphones, and you can achieve this. I listen to "soundstage" all the time. In fact I can be a little picky and tell you exactly where the instruments, vocals, etc are. Not just what side they are on...

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #19 of 260
Quote:

Exactly. i truly believe lots of the guys on here don't even like music. I have 12,000 songs on my itunes. I spent $350 so I could ENJOY THE MUSIC THAT I LIKE MORE, which I don't really regret. I think it was a good investment, but don't expect any huge differences if you're a normal person.

Poetic, amazing. so now you're compaing because you're not part of "the club?"

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #20 of 260
Quote:

It's your life, don't start a thread accusing an entire community of lying if that's how you're going to back it up.

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #21 of 260
Quote:

source is "The Bloat" usb dac by hippohifi. all of my music is 192 kbps or higher, and i have a few dozen albums in apple lossless

You can do better.. but again, that is up to you. My music has bit rates above 1,400 kbps , of course from some of the best mastered CD's, but anything less, just doesn't cut it.

Again, I may have different priorities to you. To ME, music is extremely important to me, and the idea of having "as close to perfect" music will only do, nothing less..

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #22 of 260
lol, i should have known better than to make this thread in this forum.

like i said, i consider this a warning to normal people who are thinking of getting into this hobby.

don't you think it would be unfair to a person to only have opinions from people who have already spent thousands of dollars on headphone gear?

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #24 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can do better.. but again, that is up to you. My music has bit rates above 1,400 kbps , of course from some of the best mastered CD's, but anything less, just doesn't cut it.

Again, I may have different priorities to you. To ME, music is extremely important to me, and the idea of having "as close to perfect" music will only do, nothing less..

no doubt nick, i really didn't mean to come off as dissing anyone.

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #25 of 260
Quote:

like i said, i consider this a warning to normal people who are thinking of getting into this hobby.

I'm not sure what's so funny... but.. am I not "normal" because I appreciate great quality music.. oh that's right. I am not normal.. I'm an alien from another planet. Planet "appreciates good music".
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #26 of 260
Quote:

don't you think it would be unfair to a person to only have opinions from people who have already spent thousands of dollars on headphone gear?

You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to figure out if you care about differences between cans. But if can cost you if you do...

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #27 of 260
Quote:

no doubt nick, i really didn't mean to come off as dissing anyone.

You must have not seen my reply..

"spending $150 on headphones isn't 'crazy' is it?" You must not be crazy because everyone I know owns standard ear buds.. but you.. you're "normal".
smile.gif

Furthermore, spending $350 on a "setup" isn't "crazy" either.. that's "normal" as well.. I forgot.

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #28 of 260
Quote:

Liking music and liking better gear are not mutually exclusive interests. Just because somebody geeks out on their equipment doesn't mean they enjoy music less than you do.

Well said.

Quote:

...i really didn't mean to come off as dissing anyone.

It seems pretty obvious to me that your thread title will be offensive to a lot of people
confused.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #29 of 260
hah, ok whatever. it seems like people are getting hung up on certain phrases that I'm using and just criticizing me with their own interpretations.

forget about it, enjoy your headphones. really, i mean it.

i will let my friends know how i feel and they can decide for themselves with some side by side listening at my house if they decide to

I think I'm done posting here, the HD580 is a nice headphone and I feel no need for improvement

take care guys

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #30 of 260
Quote:

I think I'm done posting here, the HD580 is a nice headphone and I feel no need for improvement

Good. Then you might enjoy a visit to the amp and dac forums.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back